The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Again, youre not understanding what im saying, which is why im trying to show you with cardinal directions

If youre facing east and make a full turn, youre gonna continue to face east, redardless of where you are in your revolution around the sun

Youre basically implying that 1 full rotation will always face the sun, which is factually incorrect with respect to how rotation works

Im literally trying to explain what i mean as clearly as possible, im not sure how i can break it down any further without drawing pictures

Your analogy is terribly flawed because you're only accounting for Earth's rotation on its' axis and not for it's Orbit around the Sun.

Sure we can face East and spin 360* and still face East, but we can't get behind East like we do with the Sun.

That's why I used the house analogy with you.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Your analogy is terribly flawed because you're only accounting for Earth's rotation on its' axis and not for it's Orbit around the Sun.

Sure we can face East and spin 360* and still face East, but we can't get behind East like we do with the Sun.

Yeah you still dont understand what im saying at all but just dont worry about that question for now

Maybe ill draw some pictures for yall and upload them

How about addressing the issue with sidereal days?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Yeah you still dont understand what im saying at all but just dont worry about that question for now

Maybe ill draw some pictures for yall and upload them

How about addressing the issue with sidereal days?

I don't disagree with the logic of sidereal days. I had never heard of it til this very moment and did a quick google.

Our days and years aren't exact. Our orbit isn't exactly 365 days and our rotation isn't exactly 24 hours. Added to the fact that our planet in on a tilted angle. That's why we make adjustments like leap days and daylight's saving time.

But, given all that, I still think that 12ish PM on Januray 1st is 12ish PM on June 1st.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

That's exactly what I tried to tell this dude up thread. It is both orbiting and rotating at the same time. But hes too dense to get it. Even after the answer has been provided

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thats because of daylight savings time, as well as the fact that sun is further away from you in the colder seasons(in the flat earth model)

The block of time that we experience sunlight should be shifting back and forth between noon and midnight if we were actually revolving around the sun but it doesnt

Your original post posed a question with the assumption that the Earth's orbit is perfectly circular hence I look up at noon in January it's mid day, therefore if I look up at noon in July it should be pitch dark since theoretically the earth should exactly half way around the sun. That's not the case.
Have a look at this image
600px-Seasons1.svg.png

Also, daylight savings is a one hour adjustment and wouldn't account for the larger differences in sunrise/sunset times through out the year. That would be the tilting of the Earth.

Mannn I think I just confused myself further. I don't have anywhere near good enough knowledge of this shyt to continue. I'm out :hubie:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
THE EARTH DOESN'T SPIN 360 DEGREES IN ONE DAY. ITS ONE SPIN IN RELATION TO THE SUN. SO IF THE EARTH SPUN FASTER OR SPED UP ITS ORBIT AROUND THE SUN THE AMOUNT OF TIME IN A DAY WOULD CHANGE.

THAT'S WHY THE SUN IS ROUGHLY IN THE SAME SPOT EVERYDAY. P

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Have you ever travelled at "the speed of light" for a year?

How was it? How far did you get?

You really are an idiot.

I have never traveled 1000 miles an hour... but I know how much distance would be covered if I did

How else should we convey large distances between objects in space reasonably?

Last edited:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
You really are an idiot.

I have never traveled 1000 miles an hour... it I know how much distance would be covered if I did

How else should we convey large distances between objects in space reasonably?
The idiot doesn't believe in space. God made him special so Earth is the center of everything.