THE STEP-BACK BY JAMES HARDEN IS A TRAVEL

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
NOPE, AFTER A HOP-STEP, THE PLAYER MUST INSTANTLY GO UP OR PASS THE BALL ONCE LANDING..SAME WITH A GATHER-STEP. THIS IS STUFF THEY TEACH U IN ELEMENTARY.
But what he is doing isn't a hopstep. And why do you keep name dropping Jordan Farmar if you aren't going to quote him? Harden is an MVP level player and plays in international championships. Farmar is a bench guy who plays internationally for a living. If we are going to judge based on rank, it's not close and Farmar would be embarrassed to know he is unwillingly representing your side of this argument anyhow.

If you want to say that these stepbacks and eurosteps go against the spirit of the rule, I agree, but that isn't the discussion.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Nah Mordechai, I'm just honest about my basketball playing days, how are YOU exposing anything other than the fact you're honestly slow.

The same supreme court that allowed slavery? :upsetfavre: Not a race.

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT TBH, WE LEARN FROM OUR SCRIPTURES OF A JEWISH RACE .. U WANA DENY OUR TEACHINGS, THATS ON U. THEN AGAIN, U TRYNA DENY THAT HOPPIN OFF ONE FOOT INTO THE AIR IS A HOP-STEP SMH.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
But what he is doing isn't a hopstep. And why do you keep name dropping Jordan Farmar if you aren't going to quote him? Harden is an MVP level player and plays in international championships. Farmar is a bench guy who plays internationally for a living. If we are going to judge based on rank, it's not close and Farmar would be embarrassed to know he is unwillingly representing your side of this argument anyhow.

If you want to say that these stepbacks and eurosteps go against the spirit of the rule, I agree, but that isn't the discussion.

He very clearly doesn't know what a gather step is, and how these guys are taking a rule that was meant to be applied to layups and using it to their advantage. The fact of the matter is the rule doesn't state direction, which is why they're doing it, and he doesn't realize Manu did this shyt all the time in international play with foreign refs.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

EUROSTEP IS LEGAL, BECAUSE ITS JUST TWO BIG STEPS.. BUT WHEN YOURE JUMPIN BACKWARDS OFF ONE FOOT, THAT IS THE EPITOME OF A HOP STEP, AND U MUST LAND ON BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT TBH, WE LEARN FROM OUR SCRIPTURES OF A JEWISH RACE .. U WANA DENY OUR TEACHINGS, THATS ON U. THEN AGAIN, U TRYNA DENY THAT HOPPIN OFF ONE FOOT INTO THE AIR IS A HOP-STEP SMH.

They aren't "hopping" off one foot, they are pushing back off their lead leg which counts as a gather.....In your eyes this Curry three is a travel too, cause there's a clear gather then a 1-2 step.

You got 1 star thread and other people calling you stupid, just learn to bow out :yeshrug:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
He very clearly doesn't know what a gather step is, and how these guys are taking a rule that was meant to be applied to layups and using it to their advantage. The fact of the matter is the rule doesn't state direction, which is why they're doing it, and he doesn't realize Manu did this shyt all the time in international play with foreign refs.

AGAIN .. ITS NOT ABOUT DIRECTION. ITS ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE IS JUMPING OFF OF ONE FOOT AS OPPOSED TO SIMPLY GATHERING HIMSELF. USE UR BRAIN N THINK ABOUT IT.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
They aren't "hopping" off one foot, they are pushing back off their lead leg which counts as a gather.....In your eyes this Curry three is a travel too, cause there's a clear gather then a 1-2 step.

You got 1 star thread and other people calling you stupid, just learn to bow out :yeshrug:

THAT CURRY THREE IS BORDERLINE, BECAUSE HE LOOKS TO BE STILL DRIBBLING ON THE PUSHBACK STEP .. ITS NOT A GATHER IF YOURE USING IT TO PROPEL YOURSELF. THATS WHEN IT BECOMES A STEP BEING USED FOR JUMPING AS OPPOSED TO SIMPLY GATHERING .. ASK ANY COACH AT ANY LEVEL AND ULL FIND OUT FOR YASELF.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Oh, I know what a hop step is, but you clearly don't know what a gather step is which is why this thread exists.

Harden is bending the rule, he's not breaking it.

IF HE'S HOPPING OFF ONE FOOT, HOW IS THAT NOT A HOP-STEP

:mindblown:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
THAT CURRY THREE IS BORDERLINE, BECAUSE HE LOOKS TO BE STILL DRIBBLING ON THE PUSHBACK STEP .. ITS NOT A GATHER IF YOURE USING IT TO PROPEL YOURSELF. THATS WHEN IT BECOMES A STEP BEING USED FOR JUMPING AS OPPOSED TO SIMPLY GATHERING .. ASK ANY COACH AT ANY LEVEL AND ULL FIND OUT FOR YASELF.

:dead:

We're not talking about high school basketball.......

For the last time, nowhere in the NBA rule book does it state what direction you have to be moving while gathering, that is what the NBA guys are doing, they are taking advantage of the rules and bending them. They aren't violating anything in the rule book by doing gather + 1-2 into a jumper.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:dead:

We're not talking about high school basketball.......

For the last time, nowhere in the NBA rule book does it state what direction you have to be moving while gathering, that is what the NBA guys are doing, they are taking advantage of the rules and bending them. They aren't violating anything in the rule book by doing gather + 1-2 into a jumper.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, I ALREADY SAID THAT IT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WIT DIRECTION, BUT RATHER THAT HE USES THE STEP TO JUMP.. DUNO WHY U KEEP REPEATING THE SAME THING WHEN I ALREADY CLARIFIED NUMEROUS TIMES.

THIS ALL COMES DOWN TO HOW U DEFINE GATHER .. BUT OBVIOUSLY, WHEN U USE A STEP TO JUMP, ITS FAR MORE THAN JUST GATHERING. THATS JUST ENGLISH.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
You keep calling it a hop, when the NBA defines it as a gather........

NOWHERE IN THE RULE BOOK DOES IT SAY U CAN JUMP OFF OF A GATER-STEP .. THATS THE BASIC DEFINITION OF A HOP-STEP. IF THATS NOT A HOP-STEP, THEN TELL ME, WHAT IS?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
NOWHERE IN THE RULE BOOK DOES IT SAY U CAN JUMP OFF OF A GATER-STEP .. THATS THE BASIC DEFINITION OF A HOP-STEP. IF THATS NOT A HOP-STEP, THEN TELL ME, WHAT IS?

Why do you keep saying "hop" when it's called a step-back jumper? :russ:

I mean, you're literally trying to call it something it's not just to prove your argument. So, we have it called a step back jumper, it falls right in line with the rule book because the first "step" is a gather. Do you finally get it?

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Why do you keep saying "hop" when it's called a step-back jumper? :russ:

I mean, you're literally trying to call it something it's not just to prove your argument. So, we have it called a step back jumper, it falls right in line with the rule book because the first "step" is a gather. Do you finally get it?

ITS A HOP-STEP .. THE WORD STEP IS STILL IN THERE.

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE.. WHAT DOES HE DO? HE HOPS BACK.. LITERALLY LIKE HE'S PLAYIN HOP-SCOTCH .. THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ITSELF DEFINES THIS AS A HOP, SO HOW IN THE FUCC IS IT NOT A HOP-STEP??