THE STEP-BACK BY JAMES HARDEN IS A TRAVEL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how it's different from the big hop-step during a dribble drive that was popular during the late 90's-early 2000's (I had that move mastered to perfection :jawalrus:)

The league and college game cracked down so hard on it that it became non-existent.

Once you give up that dribble you don't get 2 steps after a hop. Harden is getting two steps after hopping back which by classic definition is a walk.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

That video is retarded. He took two steps after he gathered the ball. First with his right to push back, then with his left leg to finish the step back....thus making the left his pivot foot....the right foot that drags back at the end is free to do whatever....as long as the left doesn’t leave the ground again....

He took two complete steps after gathering the ball. Look at the comments on the video....everyone is saying the same shyt....

My nikka....how long u been watching basketball?

Imma just simplify it like this....steps are counted when u place a foot down and lift the other one off the ground....

Step - right foot down, left foot up

Step 2 - left foot down, right foot up

Step 3 - right foot down, left foot up (did not happen in the harden clip you posted)

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
That video is retarded. He took two steps after he gathered the ball. First with his right to push back, then with his left leg to finish the step back....thus making the left his pivot foot....the right foot that drags back at the end is free to do whatever....as long as the left doesn’t leave the ground again....

He took two complete steps after gathering the ball. Look at the comments on the video....everyone is saying the same shyt....

My nikka....how long u been watching basketball?

Imma just simplify it like this....steps are counted when u place a foot down and lift the other one off the ground....

Step - right foot down, left foot up

Step 2 - left foot down, right foot up

Step 3 - right foot down, left foot up (did not happen in the harden clip you posted)

THE CATAPULT OFF THE RIGHT FOOT IS COUNTED AS A STEP...IT'S NOT A GATHER. THE NBA REDEFINED THAT AS A GATHER TO HELP SCORING NUMBERS INCREASE, EVERY1 WHO GREW UP PLAYING ORGANIZED BASKETBALL KNOWS THIS.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
That’s not a travel it’s a gather before the step back. the nba categorize it as 2.5 steps. you’re allowed to do that.

gath·er
ˈɡaT͟Hər/
verb
  1. 1.
    come together; assemble or accumulate.

IF HE'S USING IT TO STEP BACK, ITS NOT A GATHER, BY DEFINITION

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The harden step is blatant traveling. He’s got to land on both feet at the same time and then go up to shoot. It’s like a jump stop