The skyline/landscape of Texas looks like shyt

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
the ONLY US cities that have impressive skylines in the united states are NYC and Chicago. that's it.
I think Seattle has a nice skyline too.

Depends on what makes a skyline impressive to you.

If you only find the megacity look appealing than NYC and Chicago are the only big broad shoulder type of cities in America.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I really hate y’all urban planning nerds so much

@Remote lives in a rat infested box in NYC and couldn’t even dream of experiencing the elite urbanphile life propaganda he shills on this board

City living is for the birds. Loud, polluted and filled with the unstable. Give me car centric urban sprawl. My neighborhood is car centric as fukk and the best part: no bike phags clogging up the the main streets.

@Remote :pacspit:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
You right. Forgot to mention the deed restrictions.

I watch a lot of Urbanist/City-Centric content on YT, and they all crap on Houston. Not Just Bikes being the absolute worst. I'm not moving to effing Holland creh.

That said, heavy rains in Houston, regularly flood parts of the highway. I swear that Park Place off of I-45 becomes impassable under a light storm unless you're in a lifted truck. I know there's some spots off of 610 that get inundated.

And then there's climate change. Houston, New Orleans, and Miami are gonna continue to get massive hurricanes. Insurance companies will eventually pull out, like they're doing in Cali (wildfires) and Florida (Hurricanes)

I have a huge wish list of things that I'd want to see Houston change, but the math is still the math.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
that's disgusting. :scust:

I believe jacksonville is even worse at like 900 square miles.
As a Floridian.......

Jacksonville :hhh:

And yes it is big enough to fit Orlando,Miami,Tampa, and Ft.Lauderdale,San Francisco within its city boundaries. If you ever have the displeasure of going to what it calls a downtown try not to laugh

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really hate y’all urban planning nerds so much

@Remote lives in a rat infested box in NYC and couldn’t even dream of experiencing the elite urbanphile life propaganda he shills on this board

City living is for the birds. Loud, polluted and filled with the unstable. Give me car centric urban sprawl. My neighborhood is car centric as fukk and the best part: no bike phags clogging up the the main streets.

@Remote :pacspit:
I don't live in the city.

I'm sure your 2 mule town in Mississippi or whatever is calm and charming.
It's just objectively a dump.

:manny:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
The New Twin Towers Texas style

The 1,035-foot-tall Wilson Tower, set to begin construction this year, will be the tallest residential building in the US outside of New York City.
52773982629_bceda259b1_b.jpg
My city, Austin

aerial-view-of-downtown-austin-texas.jpg

Due in 2026 is a mixed-use high-rise called Waterline, designed by the New York firm Kohn Pedersen Fox. At 1,022 feet, the building qualifies as a “supertall,” one of just a handful of these spectacular skyscrapers in the US outside Chicago or New York City. When it’s finished, the project will rank as the tallest building in Texas. Designed like a stack of several different buildings, Waterline will stand out on a skyline that’s growing up faster than almost any other nationwide.

But it won’t stand alone. Groundbreaking is due this year on an even-taller supertall, the Wilson Tower. Wrapped in a dusky golden brise-soleil running the length of the building, the Wilson Tower will rise to 1,035 feet, looming like a giant harmonica over the live music capital of the world and setting a record both for the state and for any US residential high-rise outside New York City.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
the ONLY US cities that have impressive skylines in the united states are NYC and Chicago. that's it.
You my guy, but even in Texas, Dallas is pretty nice, ATL, Philly, Seattle, San Fran, Miami is amorphous, but NYC is amorphous if we being real; but it's still nice, hell even Pittsburgh is underrated. They're not Chicago, but they put some thought into it.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Lived in Houston my entire life and have visited cities spanning the entire globe, ours is bottom tier if you’re seeking for “pretty to look at, but it’s god tier for cost of living :umad:

I’ve got 4300sqft with my backyard being a literal golf course for $450k :heh:

Take my house and put it in any other major city it would cost multimillions.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You my guy, but even in Texas, Dallas is pretty nice, ATL, Philly, Seattle, San Fran, Miami is amorphous, but NYC is amorphous if we being real; but it's still nice, hell even Pittsburgh is underrated. They're not Chicago, but they put some thought into it.

dallas skyline is mid IMO. :yeshrug:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I watch a lot of Urbanist/City-Centric content on YT, and they all crap on Houston. Not Just Bikes being the absolute worst. I'm not moving to effing Holland creh.

That said, heavy rains in Houston, regularly flood parts of the highway. I swear that Park Place off of I-45 becomes impassable under a light storm unless you're in a lifted truck. I know there's some spots off of 610 that get inundated.

And then there's climate change. Houston, New Orleans, and Miami are gonna continue to get massive hurricanes. Insurance companies will eventually pull out, like they're doing in Cali (wildfires) and Florida (Hurricanes)

I have a huge wish list of things that I'd want to see Houston change, but the math is still the math.
Personally, I look at the “city” of Houston as everything inside loop 610. I do the same for Dallas. Everything inside loop 12 is the “city” of Dallas. Both are respectable sizes and have far more to offer than the rest of their metro areas. Everything outside of these two parts of these “cities” are typical suburbia and will remain so.

I was njb as well but citynerd actually gave Houston credit on