The skyline/landscape of Texas looks like shyt

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Chicago and nyc have the best skyline in the western hemisphere
Going out on a bad day to the Brooklyn Bridge park and staring at the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan city skyline while eating ice cream from that shop near the water…:mjcry::wow:

that last one is Manhattan Bridge but you get the point

Last edited:

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Houston the 4th biggest city in America and is on track to pass Chicago and become the 3rd biggest....

This is the Houston skyline :patrice:

default.jpg

Compare it to Chicago's skyline :wow:

dramatic-sunset-downtown-chicago.jpg

I don't care how big Houston gets......it will never be a big city like Chicago, LA or NYC
I agree.... Houston needs to adopt the Land use policies of Chicago and NYC. COL depends on density and Houston is way less dense than Chicago but COL has damn near caught with Chicago. Imagine being more populated than Chicago....the COL will be unbearably bad. This why I'm saving and cutting expenses to buy a house to live, fix, then rent in the future. Mortgages will be near Chicago levels in near future.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Will sunbelt sprawl towns ever be real cities is the question?

I'm thinking no unfortunately
No because the sunbelt cities and American suburbia is to car centric. You get them to not build development around the car and they will have a seizure. Until that mindset changes, sprawl will continue to happen.

Funny thing about Houston is that zero percent of the city is zoned for single family. So they can build more mixed use increasing the density as well as getting rid of another major sprawl friendly policy called parking minimums.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I agree.... Houston needs to adopt the Land use policies of Chicago and NYC. COL depends on density and Houston is way less dense than Chicago but COL has damn near caught with Chicago. Imagine being more populated than Chicago....the COL will be unbearably bad. This why I'm saving and cutting expenses to buy a house to live, fix, then rent in the future. Mortgages will be near Chicago levels in near future.
i would say it’s already higher in Houston because of the added addition of a vehicle. That’s basically the best way without viable options to get around a city with extra costs such as gas, maintenance, parking, etc. At least in Chicago you have options to get around other than a car.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing about Houston is that zero percent of the city is zoned for single family.

A lot of master planned communities and deed restrictions/land covenants (and a lot of those covenants were racial. Even when invalidated the neighborhoods were already built).

So private law, aka contracts, governs where public law aka zoning, does not.

This video gets into it

Add in stuff like
  • Minimum Parking Requirements
  • Minimum Set Backs
  • Minimum lot size (the old 5000 Sq FT is why the old neighborhoods have low density. The new 1400 sq ft is why there are those townhouses in EaDo)
Add in a "preference" for cars, and the road design and parking lot minimums just make it spread and spread and spread.

Houston is not this libertarian free for all that folks make it out to be.

Instead, like most of Texas, "freedom" is very much controlled by rich elites - oil men, cattle barons, and insurance companies. Even diverse Houston.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
A lot of master planned communities and deed restrictions/land covenants (and a lot of those covenants were racial. Even when invalidated the neighborhoods were already built).

So private law, aka contracts, governs where public law aka zoning, does not.

This video gets into it

Add in stuff like
  • Minimum Parking Requirements
  • Minimum Set Backs
  • Minimum lot size (the old 5000 Sq FT is why the old neighborhoods have low density. The new 1400 sq ft is why there are those townhouses in EaDo)
Add in a "preference" for cars, and the road design and parking lot minimums just make it spread and spread and spread.

Houston is not this libertarian free for all that folks make it out to be.

Instead, like most of Texas, "freedom" is very much controlled by rich elites - oil men, cattle barons, and insurance companies. Even diverse Houston.

You right. Forgot to mention the deed restrictions.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Houston the 4th biggest city in America and is on track to pass Chicago and become the 3rd biggest....

This is the Houston skyline :patrice:

default.jpg

Compare it to Chicago's skyline :wow:

dramatic-sunset-downtown-chicago.jpg

I don't care how big Houston gets......it will never be a big city like Chicago, LA or NYC

the ONLY US cities that have impressive skylines in the united states are NYC and Chicago. that's it.