The show “Dave” on FX is the latest example of how black culture is treated like a joke

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I mean the show is cool on it's own merits but the dude playing Gata...unless he's content not being more famous, I hope he get's tons of work/opportunity from his performances on the show, he's awesome.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yeah you probably won’t have as many white fans talking that militant shyt but there’s still cacs who’ll
listen regardless. Pac was popping shyt about cacs and they still listened to his shyt :yeshrug:

The best way to filter CACs out of it, is to push pro-black content. A lot of CACs hated that, and only began to like HIP HOP when NWA started to get fame. It made them feel "easier" when the pro black content was taken out.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
tyler had numerous shows
redman was in numerous films

Yeah but they’re both talented and are a lot this rap shyt. I’m not even a Tyler fan but he not a failed actor who started making parody raps to get on. People like Tyler and red man deserve shows they built their popularity through making good music because they love this shyt. dikky just making fun of black culture for profit

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This thread is pure dap city. OP is an example of not knowing how to form an argument and all the posters so far are evidence that people no longer work on their critical thinking skills.

How can you post a thread about "Dave" from FX being an example of rap culture not being taken seriously and yet not post any examples from the actual show? Have you actually seen the show? The show could actually be highlighting issues rappers go thru and what not yet you out here using 6-year-old quotes in his old interviews and a song where he doesn't even say the N word, Chris Brown does. Your examples are trash when you probably have better evidence from the actual show.

And all the posters here don't even question the statements neither it's just a bunch of white people destroying rap and it's black people faults!

"He only did rap because he wasn't good at comedy... and he said this!"

nikka i don't give a fukk :mjlol::mjlol: imagine being mad at that

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He'll be exec VP of an urban music department at a major label soon, just watch.

This is a perfect time to make my point again about culture vultures. Every white person in hip hop is not a culture vulture. Eminem, who grew up in poverty in Detroit, fully immersed in hip hop culture, who loves the art of rap...is not a culture vulture. A culture vulture is someone who exploits, often temporarily, something and uses it as a stepping stone to their true intentions. Iggy Azalea, a failed pop star/model from Australia who started rapping to get into the music industry...is a culture vulture. And yes, Lil dikky who used rap to catapult his shytty comedy and acting dreams is a culture vulture. The thing about culture vultures is that they don't hide it - they tell you who they are. Both are on record shytting on rap music and discussing their plans to move on.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really wanna know how someone like Redman doesn't get this chance, but dikky does?

Or hell, an Odd Future type?

Outkast/Goodie mobb affiliate?

He got this chance cuz he's white and jewish, n this ish is like fire in my throat.

Redman was a little late to the party. A 25 year old Red would be lit on social media. But he still got a tv show on Fox and a movie

Odd future had loiter squad

Andre 3000 has/had a whole acting career. He played Jimi Hendrix in the biopic

But as far as Lil dikky dude got YouTube videos with over 100 million views. That "save that money" song was on national tv commercials, I thought it was a fetty wap song. It's not like he just came out of nowhere

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
definite "black culture?"

And be careful what you wanna defend :usure:

Shut the fukk up curry cac:camby:

This thread is pure dap city. OP is an example of not knowing how to form an argument and all the posters so far are evidence that people no longer work on their critical thinking skills.

How can you post a thread about "Dave" from FX being an example of rap culture not being taken seriously and yet not post any examples from the actual show? Have you actually seen the show? The show could actually be highlighting issues rappers go thru and what not yet you out here using 6-year-old quotes in his old interviews and a song where he doesn't even say the N word, Chris Brown does. Your examples are trash when you probably have better evidence from the actual show.

And all the posters here don't even question the statements neither it's just a bunch of white people destroying rap and it's black people faults!

"He only did rap because he wasn't good at comedy... and he said this!"

nikka i don't give a fukk :mjlol::mjlol: imagine being mad at that

Shut the fukk up cac :camby:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
He'll be exec VP of an urban music department at a major label soon, just watch.

This is a perfect time to make my point again about culture vultures. Every white person in hip hop is not a culture vulture. Eminem, who grew up in poverty in Detroit, fully immersed in hip hop culture, who loves the art of rap...is not a culture vulture. A culture vulture is someone who exploits, often temporarily, something and uses it as a stepping stone to their true intentions. Iggy Azalea, a failed pop star/model from Australia who started rapping to get into the music industry...is a culture vulture. And yes, Lil dikky who used rap to catapult his shytty comedy and acting dreams is a culture vulture. The thing about culture vultures is that they don't hide it - they tell you who they are. Both are on record shytting on rap music and discussing their plans to move on.

Fax and my concerns are guys like dikky getting widespread support from black people online and in mainstream media and features from black artists:scust: