The show “Dave” on FX is the latest example of how black culture is treated like a joke

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Thanks for making this thread. I saw his show by mistake and he’s just a microcosm of how these CACs operate.

He and others like Post Malone have used our culture with little to no respect for it. Lil dikky is such an annoying CAC. But what annoys me is the system that has allowed him to exploit it. He’s like @Sccit but with the success.

Black artists are rarely allowed to be three dimensional (if ever) especially in the realms of hip hop. Do you think a black artist would’ve been able to thrive with the same personality and character as Lil dikky? No, we either have to be stereotyped as thugs or conscious.

And now this clown has his own TV show. Again, it’s endemic how we’ve been pushed out of our own culture and these CACs continue to profit from it.

Yeah, I was legit pissed that this white dude who's a joke rapper, somehow got his own show on Fx?

Bypassing ALL THESE OTHER RAPPERS, to hand the ability to make stacks of money to this hobbit looking goofy.
There's been other goofy black rappers, where was this opportunity for them?

White privilege is a effing bytch.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This thread is pretty timely because the season finale of the show touches on the OP's concerns.

Honestly I just made this thread cuz I was on IG and on my explore page I see a post from Char praising the show and then I see Jemele in the comments like omg this is my favorite show ever and Bun B and a whole bunch of other black folks with blue checks talking about it’s the best show ever. I didn’t know there was a finale or whatever

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Honestly I just made this thread cuz I was on IG and on my explore page I see a post from Char praising the show and then I see Jemele in the comments like omg this is my favorite show ever and Bun B and a whole bunch of other black folks with blue checks talking about it’s the best show ever. I didn’t know there was a finale or whatever

I really wanna know how someone like Redman doesn't get this chance, but dikky does?

Or hell, an Odd Future type?

Outkast/Goodie mobb affiliate?

He got this chance cuz he's white and jewish, n this ish is like fire in my throat.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
black people, collectively, are cowards.

nothing more, nothing less.
That's little far man. I'd say we're hypocritical and try to make certain nuances that affect our community determine what "blackness" is.

shyt has always been a dangerous slope, same dude's cracking on Dave ( I hate the show) are quick to call a dude who isn't making music about trappin, fukking nikkas hoes, or claiming gangs "soft", "corny", or "lame". Nikkas even go as far to call another black man CAC or feminine if he isn't portraying that image. shyt is an agenda on it's own cuz most of us aren't heavy trappers, most of us aren't shooters.

But they okay with a white dude making funny rhymes because he can put words together. smh

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really wanna know how someone like Redman doesn't get this chance, but dikky does?

Or hell, an Odd Future type?

Outkast/Goodie mobb affiliate?

He got this chance cuz he's white and jewish, n this ish is like fire in my throat.

honestly

they would ruin it

there’s no way they would let them do whatever

they would try to add some gay shyt

make it corny etc

and it would never get past a pilot

which is good

anyways what’s the verdict on the show

I never got around to watching it

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the saddest part about this all, is that when we as black people speak up about this bullshyt, it's always some c00n ready to come out the woodwork and play the contrarian.

"Its just entertainment, stop hating and get this money. So what of you have to c00n for money? Get clout and get these hoes!"

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We need a renaissance, we need a cultural one and religious one, and an enlightening one

I think it should start with the streets, away from blavity blacks who meme the culture for acceptance

Look at how people react about erasing Public Enemy from Hip Hop History......that all you need to know.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
honestly

they would ruin it

there’s no way they would let them do whatever

they would try to add some gay shyt

make it corny etc

and it would never get past a pilot

which is good

I don't care, as long as someone from the culture is benefiting from the culture, rather than a comedic vulture doing it.

I was legit angry when I saw the promo.

Dudes in hip hop for a week in gets the chance to make real bread?

Look at Lakeith Stanfield.

Dude had a part in a small movie, then got on Atlanta n his career started running like Usain Bolt.

Now this hobbit gets the same chance, just cuz he's white.

Check back in a year or two.

Gonna have this hobbit on all the magazines at your local pharmacy counters, GQ, Rolling Stone, etc.

Won't touch a mike or studio booth again.

Used the culture as a whore, got his nut n moved on to greener pastures.

Damm I'm hot on this.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
That's little far man. I'd say we're hypocritical and try to make certain nuances that affect our community determine what "blackness" is.

shyt has always been a dangerous slope, same dude's cracking on Dave ( I hate the show) are quick to call a dude who isn't making music about trappin, fukking nikkas hoes, or claiming gangs "soft", "corny", or "lame". Nikkas even go as far to call another black man CAC or feminine if he isn't portraying that image. shyt is an agenda on it's own cuz most of us aren't heavy trappers, most of us aren't shooters.

But they okay with a white dude making funny rhymes because he can put words together. smh
i mean none of that applies to me. i encourage black people to be true to themselves, rather than cultural stereotypes given to them by cacs.

also i don't know anyone racially aware enough to talk about cacs monetizing our culture, who also encourage black people to be ignorant. that's just not true.

enough has happened to black people in america with no reproach. therefore black people collectively are cowards. this is basic logic. i include myself in the ranks of black folk.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the problem, We've seen plenty of rappers rap about drugs, alcohol, guns and come to find out it wasn't their reality. It's clear that they stripped rap of its true essence, and made it into simplistic bullshyt.

Smh. Did you read what I said? Its not so much of the rappers fault but the listeners actually.

And what is raps "true essence" though because its not much different now than what it was back in the day. Rappers been getting gunned down since the park jams in the bronx from the start. Rappers been making braggadocio raps from the start. Theres been street guys that turned to rap to get out of their situation. What's happen now is nothing new and happened back then too. It's that as rap broke down more doors getting popular especially considering that it's the have nots that created it and ultimately it took over the world, that it became a problem.