The show “Dave” on FX is the latest example of how black culture is treated like a joke

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
wait wait wait wait :mjlol:

You realize that Chris Brown was actually saying nikka in that song right? They didn’t ACTUALLY SWITCH BODIES, it was fake bruh. It wasn’t really Lil dikky in Chris Browns body saying nikka 20 times.

I know that dumbass. It was in poor taste and ties into dikky general annoyance that he can’t say nikka or get the “priviliges” that black rappers get. and CB dumb af for agreeing to that shyt

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You do know Taco is on the show right?

and Dave is not on FX. It's on the other channel they have, FXX. The only show worth a damn on FXX besides Dave is It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

EDIT: And Archer. Besides that, it's just a spot where they show movies and throwback Simpsons episodes

The FXX shows get tons of promo though it’s not like they’re treated like side projects.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good, it shows how talentless and garbage rap as become when cats can easily imitate it, and be more successful than the actual rappers who do that same garbage ass music

How many white rappers emulating Nas, Jay, or Snoop, or any real rapper with talent

this goes to show those trap beats are souless garbage ass music, the mumble rap shyt is garbage, the bands on deck style is trash, its so garbage even if this goofy white boy can do, and his shyt sound like they shyt so you can't hate on it if you like that garbage ass music

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The FXX shows get tons of promo though it’s not like they’re treated like side projects.
Doesn't change the fact that you still have to remember where the channel is.

Besides, if you think it's getting a lot of promo, keep in mind two things

1. it's getting really good reviews.

2. it's show catered to people like you and me, so we'll hear about it more. There are shows 10x bigger than Dave that we would have never heard of since it's not something we'd be drawn to.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't change the fact that you still have to remember where the channel is.

Besides, if you think it's getting a lot of promo, keep in mind two things

1. it's getting really good reviews.

2. it's show catered to people like you and me, so we'll hear about it more. There are shows 10x bigger than Dave that we would have never heard of since it's not something we'd be drawn to.

I feel what you saying, but even before the show debuted there was tons of billboards around LA, and FXX has been around for a minute they put Archer and It’s sunny there years ago so it’s already established. Its not really a “new” channel anymore

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I feel what you saying, but even before the show debuted there was tons of billboards around LA, and FXX has been around for a minute they put Archer and It’s sunny there years ago so it’s already established. Its not really a “new” channel anymore

I didn't even know FXX was a channel until two months ago (and I have it)

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Exactly what I’m talking about. Byron Allen can’t even get cable deals cuz he’s company is 100% black owned yet nikkas support shows starring racist cacs. And then nikkas will complain about racism later. fukk outta here. nikkas want reparations and real black politicians but at the same time wanna watch racist cacs who make fun of black culture on TV :dead:

Real shyt

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Lol man I wish I could see some of your guys Facebook pages to see how you really interact with your friends and family.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Here we have a cac who has been racist his entire career. A guy who said he only started rapping because it was the easiest way to jump start his (at the time) failing comedy career

this is a guy who said the n word a million times in that Chris Brown song

this is a guy who said stuff like:

A journalists opinion on him was: “constantly lamenting the fact that he is not Black while simultaneously celebrating the spoils of white privilege.”

even college students is STL know the deal:

University Students Condemn Jewish Rapper Lil dikky As ‘Known Racist’

Yet somehow, someway this guy has not only been able to build a rap career, he now gets to have is own show and who are the main people praising it? Charlamagne, Jemele Hill, Bun b etc. all the typical mainstream media blavity types. I see people on here praising the show.

this shyt is disgusting. There’s no standards for black culture and there’s no gatekeeping being done by black people in the industry. At least Eminem is a real rapper, this fakkit lil dikky is a failed comedian who used rap as a way to finesse a career.

people might listen to hip hop and follow its culture but nobody respects it, not even most black people. The ease of how cacs can come in the game and get mass support from other black people is astounding.
I watch Atlanta... I don't need a jewcac off-brand white version of said Black show so when everybody kept telling me to watch dave because it's like Atlanta I was perplexed. I love and watch Atlanta already.

cacs gon cac.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
The problem was and as always been the vicinity to a check and/or fame..even if the motivation is crystal clear and a detriment to how we as black people are percieved, you will find a black person that is about a dollar way more then he/she is about their square and cacs have been taking advantage of this since they called us cattle.The divide and conquer strategy is unbeaten and creating stereotypes is a failsafe way to keep the mechanisms that have us looking like idiots with a couple dollars.You can blame this cac as much as you want but the fact that he had a plan and stuck to it with little or no regard to perpetuating negative stereotypes is on the black people around him that co sign his moves.I have no issue with dude but i will not support his career in any way shape or form and i like him as a novel rapper( like Weird Al) but his pockets will not be lined by me or anyone i know.

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
black people, collectively, are cowards.

nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah Nat Turner, Harriet Tubman, Mlk jr, Malolm x Rosa Parks and numerous other civil rights icons and former slaves were cowards. :camby:
I'm tired of people on Thecoli painting that fukking narrative about blacks being cowards when in reality the majority of people Black, white, Asian , etc ain't about that action.