The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, it's very disturbing. They are basically saying that if the government doesn't save us we are all going to die. That's about the most bytch assed mentality I have ever heard. Meanwhile these immigrants setting up shop in our neighborhoods and sending their kids to college to be engineers and doctors off our dollar. Toney and Yvette are a part of the Black failure class just looking to be saved...

They don't think breh.. Totally brainwashed..

How can you let "data" tell you black people net value is $1? :mindblown:

Then they say the average american has $0 in savings, yet people go to dealerships putting down $3000 or more on new cars..

So we got the money, we just do stupid shyt with it.. And when you say that, you're victim blaming..:mindblown:

Its like being responsible is frowned upon..

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
I give Ghana credit, they know people are just lost, so they made up this "year of return" nonsense. Before Yvette & tone said anything about it, i didn't like it. How you gonna tell me to come to a place that sold me to the point they had a whole building made for it, but not give me something in return for giving you my dollar now that you are struggling?

We are a lost people. These stars talking about that's home, but don't want to acknowledge it was home who made our lives fukked up, and our ancestors had it WAY worse then us. If I support Ghana in this, I feel like I'm shytting on my ancestors for some false dream, they are rolling in their graves

Don't get me wrong, my anger isn't towards the citizens of Ghana, but whoever is in power, chances are they got some of that wealth from slavery, so fukk them! Until you offer me something for what you created, you can eat a dikk. If I can hate the powers in America, I can hate the powers in West Africa who did business with them.

This..../thread

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My nikka, I doubt you even travel out the state.

But DO YOU.

You just wanna argue so you substituted another African nation just to attempt to make some stupid fukking point.

DO. YOU.

You got it.

The point is Roland is probably getting kick back from the president of Ghana to promote tourism there..

Its called advertising.. It happens quite a bit..

Catch up..

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Ghana and the year of return is a great marketing scheme by the Board of Tourism. They earned their salary and then some. Fall for it if you want.
It was a marketing slogan for tourism. If it came from a country without documented overtures towards Blacks in the diaspora, it could be written of as just that by skeptics.

History of Gold Coast/ Ghana says different though, much different.
1bfcfdc840458d5717cdc79201fde9de.jpg

Nkrumah%20with%20Dr.King.jpg

eyes2rereleasefinal-malcafrica-20071220-sm1.jpg

7819748209013_1642398381657.jpg

603856.jpg

and these are the tip of the iceberg and featuring ties to Americans, they've made ties and had cultural,economic, and academic exchanges with other Blacks from other parts of the diaspora since BEFORE their independence.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They don't think breh.. Totally brainwashed..

How can you let "data" tell you black people net value is $1? :mindblown:

Then they say the average american has $0 in savings, yet people go to dealerships putting down $3000 or more on new cars..

So we got the money, we just do stupid shyt with it.. And when you say that, you're victim blaming..:mindblown:

Its like being responsible is frowned upon..
No clicks,views,money in promoting acountability.
Gotta have a bogeyman to direct your followers' energy towards.

Notice how coli-famous yters falling into dissaray occured RIGHT around the time Kamala Harris becomes a non factor and drops out of the race.

Not a coincidence.

..and on cue...the yters turn each other into the bogeyman

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The point is Roland is probably getting kick back from the president of Ghana to promote tourism there..

Its called advertising.. It happens quite a bit..

Catch up..
Of course it was a fluff interview, but it was to talk about an unprecedented tourist campaign.

I'll let talk about aid work if you want :hubie:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
The numbers say different.

When analyzed together, reported turnout by age, race and Hispanic-origin differed in 2016 as well. In comparison to 2012, the younger non-Hispanic white population between the ages of 18 to 29 and between the ages of 30 to 44 reported higher turnout in 2016. Meanwhile, for the non-Hispanic black population, turnout rates decreased in 2016 for every age group. For other race non-Hispanic and Hispanic populations of any race, voting rates between 2012 and 2016 were not statistically different for any age groups.

Voter Turnout for Non-Hispanic Black Population Declines

I wonder how the 2018 midterms numbers looked.

My theory on low turnout is, they don't hear anyone speaking to their issues and or don't believe voting will change anything. A lot of people were enthused about Obama in 2008. The economy improved for the wealthy but most folks didn't see the impact in their own lives. 8 years later, a lot of people who voted for Obama stayed home for HIllary.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I wonder how the 2018 midterms numbers looked.

My theory on low turnout is, they don't hear anyone speaking to their issues and or don't believe voting will change anything. A lot of people were enthused about Obama in 2008. The economy improved for the wealthy but most folks didn't see the impact in their own lives. 8 years later, a lot of people who voted for Obama stayed home for HIllary.

Your theories may be correct, and will be reflected in the projected low turnout rate in 2020 with no viable Black candidate (unless Booker surges). Not that people think younger voters are stupid. Political operatives study trends, and despite what the internet would have us think....many young Black people are not going to vote or register to vote.

the figures for the last midterm elections are here.....and are more optimistic...compared to the previous midterm

Behind the 2018 U.S. Midterm Election Turnout

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Your theories may be correct, and will be reflected in the projected low turnout rate in 2020 with no viable Black candidate (unless Booker surges). Not that people think younger voters are stupid. Political operatives study trends, and despite what the internet would have us think....many young Black people are not going to vote or register to vote.

the figures for the last midterm elections are here.....and are more optimistic...compared to the previous midterm

Behind the 2018 U.S. Midterm Election Turnout

Interesting numbers. Turnout increased to stop Trump lol.

Voter turnout went up more in some groups than others from 2014 to 2018:

• Among 18- to 29-year-olds, voter turnout went from 20 percent in 2014 to 36 percent in 2018, the largest percentage point increase for any age group — a 79 percent jump

behind-2018-united-states-midterm-election-turnout-table-1.jpg

I just think it is so lazy of status quo defenders, Boomers and Dem shills like Roland to always blame the non voters while rarely putting the blame where it should be. On the parties and the candidates.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.