The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
yall wanna mimic other immigrant communities by incorporating their concepts of solidarity, which are backed by entire foreign nation states, but simultaneously shyt on the fact you have no foreign connections to help protect your interests in the USA :mindblown:

Pick a side, and make a coherent argument bruh.

Or maybe... one has nothing to do with the other?
Do you really think Ghana has any significant influence in US politics?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
theres all this talk about "new black media" by two dudes of which who literally won't show their faces and don't interview prominent black people around the world and in society or politics :francis:
Fair point. But now show how interviewing a president regarding to tourism has to do with reparations which is what all this nonsense(NOT reparations.:whoa:) between the Yvette/Tone clowns and the Tariq/Jason Black clowns.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
theres all this talk about "new black media" by two dudes of which who literally won't show their faces and don't interview prominent black people around the world and in society or politics :francis:
I think you're confused about what they mean when they see "new black media". It isn't some seperate black network of media. They are just trying to spread information and a message.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think you're confused about what they mean when they see "new black media". It isn't some seperate black network of media. They are just trying to spread information and a message.

exactly and if Old Black media was smart they would've ignored or embraced them. It would be nothing for Joy or Ronald to have Tariq on for an interview, Roland's on Youtube now and for some reason people throw money at some of them. Roland needs donations himself why not link with people shown to get Donations?

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Did Roland ask about the Chinese presence?

I do agree there are more important things to worry about than bickering. I'm one who can appreciate all of them.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Do you really think Ghana has any significant influence in US politics?
In the last year they've held significant sway over black tourism and sponsored congressional delegations

You tell me.

2019: Year of return for African Diaspora | Africa Renewal

Year of Return, Ghana 2019 - Wikipedia

Nana-Addo-And-Nancy-Pelosi-And-Inlan-Omar.jpg

BBC-story.jpg

5d4ae811c190e.image.jpg

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
by critiquing. thats it.

Roland can call up any member of congress (house or senate), any black academic PhD (not some self taught dude on YouTube), or any community leader (not some fool ranting about his Facebook group), or actual black business leaders (not people moving t-shirts).

Theres real movers and shakers out here and its time people start to realize that :francis:

None of these people is perfect but Roland has a literal highly produced show on par with The Young Turks with segments, guests, and a rotating panel of actual experts ... Its as close to a "black news channel" that actually exists :francis:

Oh, and Roland is EVERYWHERE. Dude will broadcast from different cities, countries, and events... none of these folks are doing that.

How is Roland the ONLY black media outlet at presidential debates????

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
OP,
You should have posted the shows Roland had recently addressing more relevant topics to make your point. Posting the meeting with the leader of Ghana just gives people an out to deliberately miss your point.

For all the times that the term "white supremacy" is used here, you'd think that people were serious and not just paying lipservice to fighting it. White supremacist ideal situation would probably be a bunch of uninformed Black adults taking cues and getting information from uninformed youtubers. People like that will never pose ANY threat them.

I don't put YC/AM in the same category with other yters beause they are educated and informed. I might disagree with their takes or methods but they are informed about issues.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I watch Rollies live show occasionally (mostly just to provide a counter to the DNC agenda Rollie is always promoting). I think Rollie means well but he and alot of his guest are stuck in the old 90's mode of politics.

Rollie and his panel got me triggered when they were bashing young black voters for the failure of Kamala's and Booker's campaigns. It's like they didn't understand younger voters don't care about the candidates skin color but their record and what policies do they have for black folks.