The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yeah cuz voting democrat makes u rich. Why the fukk do ppl think politics=wealth. India is the largest democracy and they are poor as fukk.

No cac, democrats support policies,that enable poor trash of all kind,to actually make a life for themselves.

Downtrodden cacs vote republican because white suprmacy is the most powerful opiate in the world

Montez

Superstar
Daps
White people vote on their insecurities.

Frank's basic story was that the white working class was abandoning the Democratic Party. It was doing so, Frank argued, because Republicans had offered persuasive cultural arguments: They campaigned about abortion, guns, religion, same-sex marriage, and other cultural touchstones that worried conservative, poorer whites in rural states like Kansas. This convinced these white voters that culture was more important than their dire economic circumstances (on which Democrats offered more favorable policies), and so they voted Republican.

But then, Frank further argued, Republicans governed with a bait and switch. Though they'd offered culture, they delivered a conservative economic agenda, cutting taxes on the wealthy, undoing business regulations, and undermining the social safety net in ways that actually hurt these working-class white voters. The economic agenda always took precedence, and the culture war would have to wait for a more favorable time.

What’s the Matter With Kansas? aptly describes the 2016 election — but was written in 2004

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No cac, democrats support policies,that enable poor trash of all kind,to actually make a life for themselves.

Downtrodden cacs vote republican because white suprmacy is the most powerful opiate in the world
Their poor isn't our poor. Their poor is like our mid tier middle class. Their poor still has inheritance, someone who is like the 1st cousin who owns some real shyt. They can sent their kids to school and even with debt, still find away to pull together a shyt load of assets and opportunities not available to our poor. We are not the same poor. Maybe if they were, they would see shyt like how Roland sees it. He thinks welfare and thinks how Black people are with welfare. These are the not the same.

Last edited:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Their poor isn't our poor. Their poor is like our mid tier middle class. Their poor still has inheritance, someone who is like the 1st cousin who owns some real shyt. They can sent their kids to school and even with debt, still find away to pull together a shyt load of assets and opportunities not available to our poor. We are not the same poor. Maybe if we were, they would see shyt like how Roland sees it. He thinks welfare and thinks how Black people are with welfare. These are the not the same.

Naw their poor is our poor or worse. You're forgetting about the toothless welfare receiving fools. They barely have a shack to live in or a ran down double wide but will inherently vote republican. They constantly vote against their own interest in the name of white power. They'll live off scraps and donations but talk down to a minority living better than them solely because they're white.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Naw their poor is our poor or worse. You're forgetting about the toothless welfare receiving fools. They barely have a shack to live in or a ran down double wide but will inherently vote republican. They constantly vote against their own interest in the name of white power. They'll live off scraps and donations but talk down to a minority living better than them solely because they're white.
I actually lived in the country around those type of folks for over 15 years. Those type of poor folks are MUCH better off than our poor folks and it's not even close. Sandy Darity data is the facts and with my own eyes, I know they are much better off. shyt, my family personally employed a lot of them over the last 30 years.

I also been to a lot of cities in poor towns all across the South. The whole if a white person got a cold, Black people got pneumonia is true as fukk. You live in DC, yall always underestimated how much others have because you see the raw numbers not understanding cost of living is far cheaper in the poor areas and benefits are tremendous to those who are white.

From my personal experience, Blacks who are poor in the country areas and got a job even a shyt one is better off than poor people in the cities but having a job is hard af for Black people in general.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That's why they vote for these folks.

They convince these ppl and added the fact that how folks treat blacks (even blacks with something) keeps these ppl voting this way.

Simple

The white supremacists in the country ain't that dumb. I been around them all. They getting shyt, it's all a game. They just playing their part

The difference between me and you guys is you listen to the white media. I look at the data and I've had a lot more experience with these types.

This idea that they are down trodden is just not true. Even in the worse conditions I've seen them in right now due to opioid and other hard drugs, they still have a lot of jobs and they are still in good situations for the most part.

The hype of their demise is at the level of hyperbole as the mute of our demise as a collective.

Last edited:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I actually lived in the country around those type of folks for over 15 years. Those type of poor folks are MUCH better off than our poor folks and it's not even close. Sandy Darity data is the facts and with my own eyes, I know they are much better off. shyt, my family personally employed a lot of them over the last 30 years.

I also been to a lot of cities in poor towns all across the South. The whole if a white person got a cold, Black people got pneumonia is true as fukk. You live in DC, yall always underestimated how much others have because you see the raw numbers not understanding cost of living is far cheaper in the poor areas and benefits are tremendous to those who are white.

From my personal experience, Blacks who are poor in the country areas and got a job even a shyt one is better off than poor people in the cities but having a job is hard af for Black people in general.

Please don't generalize me based on where I live. I may live/grew up in DC but I also have family in the other parts of the country and I travel as well. I'm not ignorant to the world. I'm not saying those people you're talking about don't exist. I know they exist. I'm trying to figure out how what I said came off as whites don't have privilege. We all know whites, even the poorest of the poor have privilege but there's also a level of poor white people without wealth of any kind. No health insurance, no education, no teeth and no jobs. I'm not talking about those with jobs and or basic living conditions etc. That's a given.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yeah cuz voting democrat makes u rich. Why the fukk do ppl think politics=wealth. India is the largest democracy and they are poor as fukk.

India's democracy is only 68 years old and prior to that they lived under British colonial rule which affected generational wealth for hundreds of millions of them. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Please don't generalize me based on where I live. I may live/grew up in DC but I also have family in the other parts of the country and I travel as well. I'm not ignorant to the world. I'm not saying those people you're talking about don't exist. I know they exist. I'm trying to figure out how what I said came off as whites don't have privilege. We all know whites, even the poorest of the poor have privilege but there's also a level of poor white people without wealth of any kind. No health insurance, no education, no teeth and no jobs. I'm not talking about those with jobs and or basic living conditions etc. That's a given.
If you are talking about toothless cacs, you don't know poor white people. That's not a knock to you but if you were around these types, you wouldn't think for one minute these people are dumb. They all have access and that is the 100% difference between them and Black folks. How many of them do you see at job fairs? Their welfare ain't even the same. They be having a whole man in the house, able to get welfare and get all types of benefits just not able to Black people. We are not playing the same ballgame

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

:yeshrug: You are correct here.

Black poverty is far worse than white poverty.

There shyt is still very bad though, its just to testament to how much worse many blacks have it