The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
But those jobs need to be beneficial and not hindrances to people's lives, which is what they are.

An entry-level job at McDonalds ain't getting you nowhere fam. Meritocracy is a farce.

But what about the 25 per hour construction jobs these undocumented guys get and hire there cousin, I've seen it first hand...

That has to stop one way or the other other:camby:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But what about the 25 per hour construction jobs these undocumented guys get and hire there cousin, I've seen it first hand...

YUP.

See, what happens is even once they get the jobs, they lock out blacks as the wages rise.

Theres a lawsuit in Chicago against a temp agency that would hire illegals over blacks, and even when the wages rose, they preferred to work with hispanics due to culture and favorability: Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics

This is another incident of the same thing in NJ: No 'ghetto people': How temp agencies allegedly hire based on race and gender

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
What makes you think that DACA opportunities will automatically go to black people? That's my point. You think WS will just hand these jobs over to black people? It's wishful thinking at best.

That's what affirmative action is for

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Amazing. Some brehs in here really think deporting 800k tax payers (some of which are black) is the secret key to turn the tide in building black wealth ?

Trust me, they receive more back in taxes then they pay, that 800k won't be missed
And yes it is A STEP ...in the right direction

It's not like that 800k has benefited AA's at all

YUP.

See, what happens is even once they get the jobs, they lock out blacks as the wages rise.

Theres a lawsuit in Chicago against a temp agency that would hire illegals over blacks, and even when the wages rose, they preferred to work with hispanics due to culture and favorability: Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics

This is another incident of the same thing in NJ: No 'ghetto people': How temp agencies allegedly hire based on race and gender

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX

You realize the government is aware these companies do this, correct?

And you also realize the benefits of hiring an illegal or a US Citizen right?

Please don't be this brand new.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
You realize the government is aware these companies do this, correct?

And you also realize the benefits of hiring an illegal or a US Citizen right?

Please don't be this brand new.

Yes...i do realize it...that's why they have to go....BECAUSE of the benefit of hiring illegals vs. American, they drive down wages, and extreme nephewtism once they gain any form of power.
Just because the government "allowed it doesn't make it okay"

Now the government is taking action against it and I'm really indifferent towards it because I've seen how my people have been disatvantaged.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Yes...i do realize it...that's why they have to go....BECAUSE of the benefit of hiring illegals vs. American, they drive down wages, and extreme nephewtism once they gain any form of power.
Just because the government "allowed it doesn't make it okay"

Now the government is taking action against it and I'm really indifferent towards it because I've seen how my people have been disatvantaged.

The government is not your friend bruh.

And them jobs ain't going back to us, if they are the wages and benefits ain't gonna be worth it.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you on that, but why doesnt president trump make the fine of hiring illegals waaaay more?

To deter companies from hiring them?

And you know what, I've worked with illegals and I've seen how they work. They work a lot harder than us Americans, and a lot faster.

I once went up to a group that stayed behind to finish the job instead of take their break....

I said yo yall doing too much, you know you gonna get paid the same as everybody else if you slow down, and not work as fast, and take your breaks. Your paycheck isnt going to change if you work that fast. Do you see that guy over there just opening one box every hour while you're doing 45? He is still getting paid the same as you.

The response they gave me was back in mexico they HAVE to work hard or risk losing their job which only pays them 1,000 pesos a week, which is the equivalent of $50 U.S. Dollars.

What they make here in a little over one day of minumum wage, they make over there in a whole week.

This shyt is a terrible standard to uphold, and I and many other Americans suffer because of that. I agree with you, I worked landscaping wit they ass and fuuuuuuuck that.

I damn near feinted and was throwing up on the bosses lawn smhhh.

shyt was hot and they kept wanting more speed. Thats their motto like, work fast (which can lead to a lot of innacurate work in the warehouses)

Here look, dig holes with this lil bitty spade shovel, like theees, *digs a hole in 5 seconds* see

It would take me like 2 minutes and i was dying after about the 3rd one and they let me blow the leafs :mjlol:

Im high my bad im rambling tho :russ:

Yo, I've seen great Mexican workers and I've hired Mexican workers and had horrible experiences with their lack luster work ethic....there no better then us or worse

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Be mad that blacks didnt work at McDonalds brehs in the 90s at that...

It was never their country, only California and Texas belonged to them, they lost the fight in Texas and sold Cali.

That's like confederates bragging about their old flag and way life.....when they lost the war...it was over and we ain't going back so that's neither here nor there.