The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I'm not the one trying to uphold the values of white supremacy thru policy.

Yeah because it's like I voted for Trump or can even vote for DACA.

Whatever fam. No one is saying you can't cape for em but stop trying to do mental gymnastics to get other people to do it.

Just like we telling them, #HYON and go out there and protest with them and stop this online dikk sucking.

It's not becoming for a Son of Sierra Leonne.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Yeah because it's like I voted for Trump or can even vote for DACA.

Whatever fam. No one is saying you can't cape for em but stop trying to do mental gymnastics to get other people to do it.

Just like we telling them, #HYON and go out there and protest with them and stop this online dikk sucking.

It's not becoming for a Son of Sierra Leonne.

Being silent is being complicit.

Don't be mad at me you're ideologically fickle

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
You're being obtuse because you have flimsy logic and lack of historical context

You just can't think outside the box. What perplexed you
Nah. You're correlating irrelevant shyt with the flimsiest of theories that ,even if right, are negligible at best, and sticking to it like it's blasphemous not to. The only thing that perplexes me is how you came to be a grown man and developed ideas like this. It could just be ,as I said, y'all will say anything if it's anonymous and on the internet/coli.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Yep, Black immigrants in other countries are treated like animals yet they want us to fight for illegals in a country our ancestors built for free:scust:

Get the fuk :camby:

You don't have to do shyt though breh. We not out here throwing rallies or protesting. Its mostly just opinion...That being the case....The question of why you feel so threatened has been posed so many times..yet you nikkas dont answer.

You say its not our fight yet you keep dipping your nose in it. Rather they stay or go its not going to make or break black people....lets get that fallacy that it will all the way the fukk outta here.

This is a argument of principalities and biased preferences. In addition to old fashionef prejudice and jealously. Yall see Mexicans as a threat. To what exactly I dont know..but you do. I live a life and work in a profession where I am not threatned by Hispanics.

We have a pretty prevalent Hispanic population in my city...but my neighborhood which is just below middle class is mostly black...So I in no way feel like Mexicans affect my life. More so because there are to many lanes for me to go down to survive.

Now if I worked low wage jobs...or lived in low wage areas that have high Mexican populations. Perhaps I would feel different. But likely I would just have more friends named Pedro

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Nah. You're correlating irrelevant shyt with the flimsiest of theories that ,even if right, are negligible at best, and sticking to it like it's blasphemous not to. The only thing that perplexes me is how you came to be a grown man and developed ideas like this. It could just be ,as I said, y'all will say anything if it's anonymous and on the internet/coli.

Have you read the reactions and responses of the people who oppose his belief? If you have then surely you know your name is pot...

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Again this is someone with a cac mentality.

You sound just like them cacs when they would bring up the Bill Cosby speech about what black people "need to do" in order to succeed.

I ain't bout no legality in regards to land that cacs stole from and colonized indigenous people. We been off that.

Yeah right we died and were treated like shyt to build this country. African immigrants are the most educated of immigrants and we represent such a small minority of Dreamers.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Lord god.

Reading this thread is slowly killing my brain cells :scust:

I can only still laugh at the AA folk who think some how this will benefit them, or why they should not be concerned about this :patrice:....

Yeah right we died and were treated like shyt to build this country. African immigrants are the most educated of immigrants and we represent such a small minority of Dreamers.

This is not true

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Yep, Black immigrants in other countries are treated like animals yet they want us to fight for illegals in a country our ancestors built for free:scust:

Get the fuk :camby:

Can someone answer me why such an advantageous policy like DREAMERS benefits such a small number of BLACK immigrants I. The first place :jbhmm:

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Lord god.

Reading this thread is slowly killing my brain cells :scust:

I can only still laugh at the AA folk who think some how this will benefit them, or why they should not be concerned about this :patrice:....

This is not true

:mjpls:
African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia

.Between the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and 2007, an estimated total of 0.8 to 0.9 million Africans immigrated to the United States, accounting for roughly 3.3% of all total U.S. immigrants during this period
African immigrants to the US are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.[23] According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.[24][25]

In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively.[26] According to the 2000 Census, the percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent.[24][25]

Of the African-born population in the US age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher,[27] compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.[28] Africans from Kenya (90.8 percent), Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher.

Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.[2]
Census: Foreign-born Africans Most Educated Immigrants in the U.S. at Tadias Magazine

US-based African immigrants more educated - University World News

US-based African immigrants more educated

Although the foreign-born population from Africa in the US is small relative to other foreign-born groups, a higher proportion of Africans are graduates than the overall foreign-born population and their numbers have grown rapidly over the past 40 years.

This was outlined in a US Census Bureau report, The foreign-born population from Africa: 2008-2012 . The report, based on American community surveys focusing on the foreign-born population from Africa, highlights its size, growth, geographic distribution and educational attainment.

It indicates that the African foreign-born population has grown from about 80,000 in 1970 to 1.6 million from 2008-12. The African foreign-born population accounts for 4% of the total US foreign-born population.

No single African country makes up a majority of these immigrants, although four countries – Nigeria, Ethiopia, Egypt and Ghana – comprise 41% of the total.

Educational attainment

The African foreign-born had a higher level of educational attainment than the total of those born overseas. The report said that 41% per¬cent of the African-born had a bachelor’s degree or higher in 2008-12, compared with 28% of the overall number.

“High levels of educational attain¬ment among the African-born are in part due to the large number of educated Africans who have chosen to emigrate and to many who come to the United States to pursue academic studies”, the report said.

Within the foreign-born population from Africa, educational attainment varied by place of birth. For example, 64% of Egyptian-born individuals were graduates as were 61% from Nigeria, 57% from South Africa, 47% from Kenya and 35% from Ghana. These were the countries with the highest proportion of Africans with bachelor’s and higher degrees.

Sub-Saharan African immigrants arrive with the most education but struggle with underemployment – FSRN

Sub-Saharan African immigrants arrive with the most education but struggle with underemployment
https://fsrn.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/20160601Nozizwe-EducatedImmigrants.mp3

"Do you know who the most educated immigrants coming to the U.S., who they are?” FSRN asks.

“I don’t, but I am willing to hazard a guess,” says Akili.

“Hazard.”

“South Koreans, Japanese and Africans.” he says with a tinge of hesitation. :mjpls:

Akili has spent more than four decades as a racial and social justice advocate, and even he paused when guessing which immigrants arrive in the United States with the highest level of education.

According to the Washington-based think tank, the Migration Policy Institute, immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa are among the best educated immigrants entering the U.S.

“I would say it is not a surprise,” says Emira Woods, an associate fellow for the Institute of Policy Studies. She says it’s not uncommon for highly-educated Africans and West Indians to come to America and seek better lives for their children.

“If you think about the level of the number of PhDs, clearly Nigerians top that list. You have also Eritreans, highly educated, that are coming to this country and, of course, from the Caribbean,” Woods points out. “Some are coming as medical professionals; some are coming as teachers, that are bringing their gifts and talents.”

But higher learning does not always translate to higher wages in the U.S. The Migration Policy Institute says well-educated African immigrants often earn substantially less than U.S.-born Americans with fewer years in school.

Liberian-born Charlene McGee, a public health educator based in Oregon, says she has seen evidence of that firsthand.

“I know a lot of people who are Liberians, actually Africans, who are very educated with lots of lived experience, but have been unable to find employment,” explains McGee. “And, as a result, that they end up experiencing different forms of inequities and disparities because they unfortunately, in a lot of instances, they have been forced to leave their country due to forced migration, and just have a difficult time here finding work to be able to provide adequately provide for their families.”

She says she knows African immigrants who came to the U.S. as doctors and lawyers who have difficulty finding work. That includes McGee’s own father, who came to the United States with one Master’s degree, and earned another one here, but has been underemployed for decades....