The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He comports himself relatively well, but he got tripped up a few times. Past 3 years, actual conservatives have had to go into public hiding because of Trump. So in public forums, we've seen scab Republicans and conservatives. Hustlers and people reading from scripts.
Compared to them, he at least comes across like he believes 60% of what he says.The other 40% is just towing the Party line.

He got tripped up about voting no to certifying the election and his stated justification about future support for Trump for president.

Freshman congressman. Used to dealing with state and local press. Walking into the lion's den. His appearance looks better than what is was because we're used to seeing outright buffoons defending that side of the aisle.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
he was shook cause he knew he couldn't explain why he voted for that shyt
He wasn't shook, but.......I wish they had a split screen of when he said "Yes, I would vote for Trump"...and they immediately ran this photo.

byron-donalds-trump-01.jpeg

He lost his cool for a second. He said "oh, go ahead and put the picture up"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He wasn't shook, but.......I wish they had a split screen of when he said "Yes, I would vote for Trump"...and they immediately ran this photo.

byron-donalds-trump-01.jpeg

He lost his cool for a second. He said "oh, go ahead and put the picture up"
This was arguably the most fair debate Roland has had in a minute.

Just straight facts :wow:

Dude caught the " :francis: " face when Roland brought that Trump shyt up :russ: :ufdup:

"This you?" :usure:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Eh..you can disagree with his voting record and you can disagree with his justifications on why he voted the way he did but he was actually surprisingly articulate and at least gave somewhat coherent responses to Roland's question. There was no 'gotcha' moments really and you can tell early on that Roland realized, although was in fundamental disagreement, that he could at least hold his own. Even Roland agreed with him in the end regarding his stances on education.
Thanks for this post. Otherwise I wouldn't have watched the vid , and assumed he had another guest who was just there to be a punching bag.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're exaggerating.

Look, I'm one of the biggest supporters of Roland on this site. I'm also pretty objective. Roland did not have him shook in any way, shape, or form.
He held his own. Roland didn't even let him finish his points because he was articulating himself well enough. You may disagree with his points but he had his justification for why he voted the way he did, something other black republicans who have been on Roland's show, did not have. He doesn't come off as a dumb black republican like others. Misguided assuredly. Probably discontented with the Democratic Party and their response to black issues and sought an alternative avenue. Still misguided to me considering the party he joined.

When I first heard that the CBC denied him membership, I initially applauded them. But after seeing this interview and the responses from the panel, they did not give good enough justifications as to why he shouldn't join the caucus. And I'm a fan of Malveaux, but their responses were all emotional based and not legitimate arguments, at least not good enough for me.
nah thats bullshyt. This is arguably one of the most fair interviews Roland has given and i'll even admit he railroads conservatives.

he was just listing straight facts.

You could tell the gimmick was him pretending to be calm when Roland posted that pic of him and Trump. BYRON REGRETS THAT shyt NOW. :francis:

Byron played himself on his own record. Stand by it bruh. You made your bed, stay there.

Being calm doesn't mean he's any less irrational in his positions.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Thanks for this post. Otherwise I wouldn't have watched the vid , and assumed he had another guest who was just there to be a punching bag.
OK. Well watch it. Theres a period where Roland lists like a dozen bills and he voted against ALL of them.

The entire Congressional Black Caucus (as imperfect as they are) makes it clear on issues they clearly vote for and you got this dude who voted against EVERYTHING. How is this dude better than any other republican?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
OK. Well watch it. Theres a period where Roland lists like a dozen bills and he voted against ALL of them.

The entire Congressional Black Caucus (as imperfect as they are) makes it clear on issues they clearly vote for and you got this dude who voted against EVERYTHING. How is this dude better than any other republican?
I watched the entire exchange. Youtube flagged the link you put up and tried to semi block me from viewing it, so I saw the extracted segment video.

This guy was a better guest than the scabs they've been forced to put on the past few years. I called them out for having the little college freshman on there recently.
And as a member of Congress, his opinion and vote MATTERS in the big picture.

You can tell be has some media experience, but still green in terms of national media. And the rare national Black media outlets.

I'm old enough to remember JC Watts, so I'm somewhat familiar with the talking points and stances of Republican congressmen. They haven't changed much since his time.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
seat at the table babble....

Being a black conservative isn't a death sentence in politics anymore, as crime goes up and the community goes down more black folks are going to turn to the right or just not deal with it all together.

Roland looked weak propping up all these seat at the table bills that do little.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
seat at the table babble....

Being a black conservative isn't a death sentence in politics anymore, as crime goes up and the community goes down more black folks are going to turn to the right or just not deal with it all together.

Roland looked weak propping up all these seat at the table bills that do little.
Why was he voting against bills to help black people?