The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep I think you are right someone with an online business model similar to amazon with deep pockets that doesn't mind taking losses for a few years could take them out though.

It wouldn't be an amazon model at all... at least not the software aspect of it

It's the security/server load/ui for this sh!t unless you gonna start using some Golum/Ethereum decentralized
network where players can buy games second hand and developers willing to release there too... That's one
Goliath sized leap because It would have to be profitable for them since dev costs are f*cking insane.

Support capitalism brehs. :mjgrin:

:francis:

Puxa vida :snoop:

Eu preciso ricos ... eu gosto de capitalism especialmente acqui

How else am I supposed to buy land in Bahia ? :wtb:

Digital sales of games are rising every year. GameStop has been scrambling to keep up. It's one of the reasons why they've gotten more aggressive with their preorder sales.

True...we will see how this plays out

:mjlol: blockbuster said the same thing

You're right but loading a game vs a movie in terms of server load is a pretty big hurdle for now:pachaha:

How?

In every other field physical based media is dying.

You can get more for your used games on eBay or Craiglist

You're right. I agree :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Don't see self driving cars being a regular thing for another 20 years

Either way teenagers cant make money doing uber, and unskilled workers probably lack the access to capital that would be needed to do uber 100% and with their being less and less jobs (meaning less spending on recreational activities) for them who will they even be driving around?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe cause I'm grown but I dont give a fukk about designer clothes and shyt anymore. I've got enough classics in the closet for damn near any occasion. I spend money on travel, nights out with the wife and home electronics and shyt. Havent been inside a mall in about a year now.

Well without the wife you'd have more cash for designer clothes :stylin:

Get Married Brehs :cheers:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I almost hate that their books are so much cheaper than my local book stores. I give the local spots 20% leeway in order to support and Amazon still beats them out more times than not.

Used to work at a book store. shyt was sad. Amazon doesn't have to pay for stores and land or millions of workers to staff the stores. Amazon also operates at razor thin margins. They made $74 billion in 2014 but, only made $273 million in profit. You can't compete with someone that's willing to sell shyt so cheap they have a 0.05% profit margin or no earnings at all in the hopes of gaining market share and forcing everyone else out. Many book publishers (Hachette being the biggest one) hate him (Bezos) because he's put pressure on them to lower prices to fit into the Amazon price model.

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
those were the days :lawd:

hell the mall was where teenagers would go to holla at new hoes. I know that's what I was on back then. didn't give a fukk about the shopping. just hang out in the food court and hopefully try to come up :takedat:
Yep.

nikkaz either took the bus, or they folks dropped them off at the mall:banderas:

Y'all got a gang of malls in Chicago/Chicago land.:wow:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wouldn't be an amazon model at all... at least not the software aspect of it

It's the security/server load/ui for this sh!t unless you gonna start using some Golum/Ethereum decentralized
network where players can buy games second hand and developers willing to release there too... That's one
Goliath sized leap because It would have to be profitable for them since dev costs are f*cking insane.

Puxa vida :snoop:

Eu preciso ricos ... eu gosto de capitalism especialmente acqui

How else am I supposed to buy land in Bahia ? :wtb:

True...we will see how this plays out

You're right but loading a game vs a movie in terms of server load is a pretty big hurdle for now:pachaha:

You're right. I agree :yeshrug:
I think you are over analyzing what I'm saying by Amazon model I mean not caring about making a profit that's all I'm saying lol.