The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait for the sales at Macy's :blessed:
They're practically already giving shyt away
Don't get too excited, one closed around here and the sales weren't much different compared to what they have going on now or at any outlet. They just offer sales on the retail price, not sales on top of discounts, kinda sucks

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I went into Sears the other day there were more employees than customers.

And they were even selling groceries now :heh:

after working in retail my entire teenage and college life, I HATED going to malls. And most clothing stores in general unless I really need to buy clothes.

That said, the mall was a cool place to be for generations of teens. A social gathering. A place to meet girls or see what other ppl are wearing, etc. So it sucks that it's slowly going away.

Also, i hate buying clothes online just b/c every size doesnt fit the same. And hassle to return in that situation.
I've said this many times.

A store like JCPenney is half the size of a high school with dozens of employees and it's dead for 80% of the week. No way are they profitable .

Even tiny shops in the mall are empty even on weekends.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
The other day I was watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High and thought...wow, the mall really was the place to be.

:flabbynsick:
It really was.

Walk thru the mall wit your homie, stop at Baskin & the Robin's, get a chocolate shake, 2 straws, then stop by Sam goody and pick up some CDs

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It really was.

Walk thru the mall wit your homie, stop at Baskin & the Robin's, get a chocolate shake, 2 straws, then stop by Sam goody and pick up some CDs

those were the days :lawd:

hell the mall was where teenagers would go to holla at new hoes. I know that's what I was on back then. didn't give a fukk about the shopping. just hang out in the food court and hopefully try to come up :takedat:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The internet killed everything .........
syddakidjamaicanroots.png

You should hear hear their music. Hell, Syd's (hoodie) solo is dope as hell