The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
What kind of clothes?

:steviej:
Regular clothes.

I like to wear dresses most of the time but they're making dresses with mostly floral or scandalous everyday dresses. Can we get a sundress with out the titty part out please or lace.

The shirts are god awful and they aren't creative but they cost $20 a piece :beli:

Honestly I look for stuff with color and creativity. I never understood how white store likes banana republic and Chico e.g. Sell plain apparel can get people to pay $70 for shirt I seen a Walmart :skip:

Last edited:

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
Time to get in and eat off e commerce, before the bubble bursts.....
Maybe the pendulum is gonna eventually swing back or everything will just implode in on itself, and have to reset..
Guess we'll just have to wait and see
:francis:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I've said this many times.

A store like JCPenney is half the size of a high school with dozens of employees and it's dead for 80% of the week. No way are they profitable .

Even tiny shops in the mall are empty even on weekends.

JC Penney, Kohls, Belk, stores like that are profitable still. But not thoe level they used to be obviosuly....almost nobody is except for Walmart/Target. I know this b/c I work corporate retail.

JCP, Kohls, Belk keep their costs low on making their clothes, other items, so they can run things on "Sale" all the time and still be profitable. A dress shirt may costs them $5-7 to make...but they sell it regular price for $30, and on sale for $15-20. That's still a 300% profit on sale.

That's why I'll never buy Jordans or other stuff like that again.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Maybe cause I'm grown but I dont give a fukk about designer clothes and shyt anymore. I've got enough classics in the closet for damn near any occasion. I spend money on travel, nights out with the wife and home electronics and shyt. Havent been inside a mall in about a year now.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
it's because u have 60,70 year old CEO's who have no idea about change and think they still have their own 60 and 70 year old client base

u have to make your stores on some arnold 6 day and total recall shyt with gadgets and robots in them and better technology

well, that's partially true. But they still do have part of that client base b/c many 50+ age ppl are still partial to physical stores and they're the ones with the most money overall, b/c they're older. They still need products

But you gotta be able to appeal to them as well as the 30+ internet shopping ages

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Gamestop you up next fukkboy
D0sewyX.gif

This gif gets me everytime:russ:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Expound on this thought. What huge effect will it have?
The idea of competition. Amazon is appearing competitive now, but as the marketplace shrinks those advantages will disappear just as the competition. When you're the only game in town, you will charge any and everything, and there will not be any repercussions.

The idea of the free market is a myth. It's why you take the hit and go to competition. You're saving more now, but you're going to pay for it later. Much more.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Maybe cause I'm grown but I dont give a fukk about designer clothes and shyt anymore. I've got enough classics in the closet for damn near any occasion. I spend money on travel, nights out with the wife and home electronics and shyt. Havent been inside a mall in about a year now.
You're a terrible consumer. You sound like you have good credit.

Businesses love poor people. And if they're single :shaq: