The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I almost hate that their books are so much cheaper than my local book stores. I give the local spots 20% leeway in order to support and Amazon still beats them out more times than not.

I see the same thing too.....Im 100% sure Amazon is deliberately underpricing just to put traditional book stores out of business

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gamestop you up next fukkboy
D0sewyX.gif

Keep dreaming... that's one industry that will keep expanding

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keep dreaming... that's one industry that will keep expanding
Yep I think you are right someone with an online business model similar to amazon with deep pockets that doesn't mind taking losses for a few years could take them out though.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Don't you wonder how many of these stores survive?

Mall rent is crazy high and for the most part malls are dead Monday to Friday

Online is th place to go, can have you products ship worldwide, all you need is a wharehouse and so much cheaper.

Only time I go to the mall is to get.my correct sizing for shoes or a suit, or to see what new dvds I may have missed downloading .

And meh Sears, Kmart, JC Penny Macy's never adapted.

Haven't seen a h&m or Zara closing, Walmart only closes when there threads of Unions

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
after working in retail my entire teenage and college life, I HATED going to malls. And most clothing stores in general unless I really need to buy clothes.

That said, the mall was a cool place to be for generations of teens. A social gathering. A place to meet girls or see what other ppl are wearing, etc. So it sucks that it's slowly going away.

Also, i hate buying clothes online just b/c every size doesnt fit the same. And hassle to return in that situation.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Don't you wonder how many of these stores survive?

Mall rent is crazy high and for the most part malls are dead Monday to Friday

Online is th place to go, can have you products ship worldwide, all you need is a wharehouse and so much cheaper.

Only time I go to the mall is to get.my correct sizing for shoes or a suit, or to see what new dvds I may have missed downloading .

And meh Sears, Kmart, JC Penny Macy's never adapted.

Haven't seen a h&m or Zara closing, Walmart only closes when there threads of Unions

I've said this many times.

A store like JCPenney is half the size of a high school with dozens of employees and it's dead for 80% of the week. No way are they profitable .

Even tiny shops in the mall are empty even on weekends.