The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)(Netflix) - Anya Taylor-Joy the Gawdess

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Great show. I've had trouble explaining to people exactly why it's good, but it is good. ATJ is obviously the thing that sells the show, plus dope cinematography and the addiction-obsession story is relatable.

I still have 2 eps left.
Scott frank breh. He was involved with Minority Report and Logan. Plus out of sight. Lifetime pass

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Chess films are usually dope so I ended up binge watching this in 2 days.

Good show but yeah, they went a little too hollywood-y at strange times. I was mostly fine with it up until the last ep, the "gang gets back together" troupe was unnecessarily out of nowhere. They could've built it up instead of a surprise that felt like a jump-the-shark moment.

I mean
the Russians have Grand Masters going over Beth's moves and the americans have 1 good player (Benny), a decent one and bunch of jobbers trying to help Harmon in a last ditch effort that came out left field. Have her meet other strong players or Benny prepare all week with that crew instead of one long ass phone call :russ:

And Beth getting friendzoned by the gay dude was weird as fukk :dead:

Overall, I liked the chess parts the most, those big matches felt important every single time.

Last edited: