The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)(Netflix) - Anya Taylor-Joy the Gawdess

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished the show last night and overall it was :obama:. Agreed that Anya Taylor Joy mostly carries it, but the supporting cast around her is solid. The child actor who plays her was great casting as well, reminded me of Dark and how well they cast the younger counterpart.

C/S on the cinematography/production design being on point. Beth's overall look and her red hair immediately make her stand out, in addition to mostly being surrounded by men in a world of chess.

I did like the fact they didn't go exposition heavy with explaining all the nuances of the game, and as someone who knows nothing about chess you can become invested with how the games were filmed and facial expressions. All the comparisons of it playing out like a sports movie were on point, with the finale being really satisfying with how some events come together :ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
^ The show probably had an effect but let's not act as if this is also not a consequence of people being bored to shyt due to Covid. I read an article just this week that instrument sales were through the roof because with all that spare Covid time everybody and their mothers has started taking up music. :russ:

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Mr. Shaibel acting like a bytch.
full

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I finally finished it.

When she got to Benny’s place and that nig living like a rat.

I didn’t love the final ep. Wasn’t bad, but I felt like the series was going down the road of her making a choice about what chess would cost but went a simpler redemptive arc.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This show start losing me everytime they start talkin bout chess.
I dont know the 1st thing bout that shyt so it might as well be in Russian with no subtitles:skip:
The chess parts were the most interesting part of the show for me. Loved it. I can understand how it could be wack if you don’t know how to play. Go learn ASAP