The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)(Netflix) - Anya Taylor-Joy the Gawdess

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
the best episode was the first one. when she was a little girl. they should of made the whole series about the little girl and the janitor instead
Hell nah

her working these dudes while being an addict was the best parts of the show

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
I'm fascinated by these prodigies. She plays chess in her head when shes sleeping. I wonder if one can train their brain to do some shyt like that?

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finished this with wifey yesterday, really liked most of it, loved some of it and was meh on other stuff:

Loved:

- Aesthetics (except for the final episode) were on point. They did a great job with the costumes and the sets.
- Acting, they all did their thing.

Liked:

- Music was good (not great).
- Dialogue was good.
- Story was good.

Meh:

- Final episode was by far the weakest episode, in basically all categories.
- The visuals for Russia were really poor, it makes sense that this would be more difficult to recreate.
- Jolene

- It went very Hollywood; not just her beating breh but her friends all ganging up to help her made 0 sense outside of Benny and MAYBE Beltik. The journalists all parting to reveal Townes etc it was all just too convenient. If she would've woke up at the end and it turned out that this was a fever dream from her drugs/alcohol it would've made a lot of sense.

Overall, a lot of fun :ehh:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Just re-watching this in between the NFL

I know it's been mentioned probably a hundred times, but the fashion in this series is on point like a MF :pachaha:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The little girl did a fantastic job.

watching the show and looking at how prodigy-like she was in chess reinforced to me that albeit she worked/studied hard, she had natural born talent in chess. Just my opinion