The Queen's Gambit (Limited Series)(Netflix) - Anya Taylor-Joy the Gawdess

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It was dope show. :ehh:
But i cant help but feel some type of way about how the whole thing was portrayed. Because some people were somehow led into thinking it was based on a true story (dont know how) when it's not.
Still dope ass show, tho. Finished it in 2+ days :manny:

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lead chick is cute to me in an odd way.

:patrice:

Yea she is attractive in a classic 1960s cac kind of way. Her look in this series reminded me of the other time piece UK flick she was in. I think emma its called. Only saw the previews.

she looks time displaced like if we look her up today she should be a 70 year old upper east side cat lady

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yea she is attractive in a classic 1960s cac kind of way. Her look in this series reminded me of the other time piece UK flick she was in. I think emma its called. Only saw the previews.

she looks time displaced like if we look her up today she should be a 70 year old upper east side cat lady
I want her to have her natural hair and play a latina soon

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It was dope show. :ehh:
But i cant help but feel some type of way about how the whole thing was portrayed. Because some people were somehow led into thinking it was based on a true story (dont know how) when it's not.
Still dope ass show, tho. Finished it in 2+ days :manny:
I thought it was based on a real story simply because it’s a period piece. Also because the way it starts is how a lot of biographies start.
Then the fact that chess is so irrelevant to the average folk this could have been true, the characters were all flawed in a way that felt too real.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
This show was ok. As a chess player I wanted to see the game more.. I feel like there was some flaws but all in all it was 7.5/8-10

my girl thought it was ok too

The best parts are when she was younger learning and asking questions. It felt as the show went on, the camera kept lingering on the actress making duck face lips at the camera more than anything else.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This shyt was boring. Cacs hyped this joint
giphy.gif

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Yoooo
He followed her career

:mjcry:

He probably clipped out every article about her thinking where the hell my $10 :ufdup:

I would have liked to see a scene with the 2 of them again though after she made it. Mr. Shaibel was basically the closest thing to a father figure in her life. At least she gave him a shout out in the final ep.

:to:

I binged this shyt in 2 days brehs. It's so easy to watch...i liked the first half of the season better than the second half though but it was still really good.

And act like the Russians aren't contesting the win when she stared at the ceiling like that during the match...you know they tearing that place apart looking for clues in the ceilings :mjlol:

Anyways I made a chess.com account and lost 4 out of 6 games played. I'm done :mjgrin:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The best parts are when she was younger learning and asking questions. It felt as the show went on, the camera kept lingering on the actress making duck face lips at the camera more than anything else.
the best episode was the first one. when she was a little girl. they should of made the whole series about the little girl and the janitor instead