The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Now, a potential drawback would be if both sets of America's white elites (GOP and Democrats) decide to collaborate against us. I'm not sure how likely that would be given the increasing left-right polarization in the United States. :patrice:

:mjlol: @ if. They've been collaborating against us since 1619 breh :wow:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
And you wanna change the paradigm by doing what?, creating a new gimmick and taking a spot on the roster. You wanna change it you gotta be Vince McMahon, the parties and presidents are not Vince McMahon

A political party isn't a gimmick. It is a vehicle for ideas and power.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Scottish people are not a monolith. Sikhs aren't a monolith. Quebecois are not a monolith. And yet, they each have their own political parties.

History has shown that even when white elites share the same ideologies with Black people, we are still betrayed. Which is why we've had:
- the End of Reconstruction
- The Betrayal of Black people during the New Deal
- The War on Drugs
- Neoliberal triangulation during the 1990s etc. etc. etc.

Read the first post. Black people have distinct and unique circumstances which make their interests separate from the rest of American society. Moreover, the two party duopoly has no interested in rectifying our socio-economic inequality vis-a-vis the rest of our so-called American brothers and sisters.

None of those are races of people (I say this since the word Black is being used in this thread). The issue faced in America, is you have Black People or if we just want to focus on the ethnicity of AA, then AAs who simply do not view themselves as AA or Black first. Like I said, if the goal is to save "everyone" you will fail every time. Even using the Sikh example, those people are bound by their religious belief system, AAs are not bound by one common belief system, thus you will alienate people who fall under the AA umbrella. Like I said you can have a Political party run by people who happen to be AA or Black that have a Common ideal, but there will never be a political party for "AAs" or Black people as a whole.

Thats just my two cents, not here to debate anything.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
None of those are races of people (I say this since the word Black is being used in this thread). The issue faced in America, is you have Black People or if we just want to focus on the ethnicity of AA, then AAs who simply do not view themselves as AA or Black first. Like I said, if the goal is to save "everyone" you will fail every time. Even using the Sikh example, those people are bound by their religious belief system, AAs are not bound by one common belief system, thus you will alienate people who fall under the AA umbrella. Like I said you can have a Political party run by people who happen to be AA or Black that have a Common ideal, but there will never be a political party for "AAs" or Black people as a whole.

Thats just my two cents, not here to debate anything.

African-Americans are a unique ethnicity in the United States. Their shared cultural origins in the slave trade and historical experience (ie Jim Crow) make them not a race, but an ethnicity. Race-based slavery forged a unique people that's different from Ethiopian, Nigerian or Senegalese Americans in the US today. However, the optics of race in the US make those people feel anti-African American sentiment, although they're not African-American.

Regardless, your same argumentation against the combined political will of African-Americans being futile could easily have been used by a nihilist who didn't think the Civil Rights Movement could guarantee voting rights. As I stated in my OP (Did you even read it?) there are a few common ideals which would ideologically unify such a party.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
African-Americans are a unique ethnicity in the United States. Their shared cultural origins in the slave trade and historical experience (ie Jim Crow) make them not a race, but an ethnicity. Race-based slavery forged a unique people that's different from Ethiopian, Nigerian or Senegalese Americans in the US today. However, the optics of race in the US make those people feel anti-African American sentiment, although they're not African-American.

Regardless, your same argumentation against the combined political will of African-Americans being futile could easily have been used by a nihilist who didn't think the Civil Rights Movement could guarantee voting rights. As I stated in my OP (Did you even read it?) there are a few common ideals which would ideologically unify such a party.

If that's what you want to believe then more power to you.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
This is not unreasonable in an atmosphere that devoid of violence and corruption.
However, once you understand the buerocratic infrastructure you will realize that short of picking up a rock and bashing in a caucasion skull you will receive no gain.

Being the voting majority numerically means nothing whatsoever when the opposing minority (cacs) hold legislative control.
Do to gerrymanding (familiarize yourself) you can never outvote a minority that draws up the district lines.

Oh, and everyone that does not know what gerrymanding is but skipped this video explaining it... merely another part of the problem.
You can't even spoonfeed some people information.
Its a sickness.

I do wish any black political endeavor well... but I understand the landscape.

The government can at any time simply plant an agent aggitator in the party, declare it a terrorist group, then criminalize its membership.
The US and filthy israel hold numerous legitamate political parties (Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbolah, etc) to be terrorist groups.

The only justice an oppressed group will receive is by toppling its oppressor. A group that considers you second class cannot be reasoned with.
There are no places at the table for the help. This is by design.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
This is not unreasonable in an atmosphere that devoid of violence and corruption.
However, once you understand the buerocratic infrastructure you will realize that short of picking up a rock and bashing in a caucasion skull you will receive no gain.

Being the voting majority numerically means nothing whatsoever when the opposing minority (cacs) hold legislative control.
Do to gerrymanding (familiarize yourself) you can never outvote a minority that draws up the district lines.

Oh, and everyone that does not know what gerrymanding is but skipped this video explaining it... merely another part of the problem.
You can't even spoonfeed some people information.
Its a sickness.

I do wish any black political endeavor well... but I understand the landscape.

The government can at any time simply plant an agent aggitator in the party, declare it a terrorist group, then criminalize its membership.
The US and filthy israel hold numerous legitamate political parties (Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbolah, etc) to be terrorist groups.

The only justice an oppressed group will receive is by toppling its oppressor. A group that considers you second class cannot be reasoned with.
There are no places at the table for the help. This is by design.

Gerrymandering in the US is a filthy business. I hope that such a party works to end gerrymandering and implement more impartial electoral district bodies seen in countries like the UK and Canada. That being the eventual goal, presently we must seize electoral reins at the state-level to prevent the worse harms of gerrymandering happening to our people.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Money is the #1 issue

No money = no power/clout

Money is crucial. The eventual goal of the party, I think, should be to reduce the amount of money in politics. For the time being, grassroots fundraising is how we have to proceed in order to remain ethically and morally in good-standing. Thoughts?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I honestly think this idea could work if you push for more fairness in the political system.

If you make it more than a "Black" thing...since we all know how the devils work.

Politics is a dirty game...you gonna have to get dirty when it comes to legislation and take sides...as long as you make it known that the African American Party does not cosign or endorse candidates...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
"Our biggest political problem is that we give our votes away and demand nothing in return." - But we do. Democratic Congressmen John Conyers has demanded a study on reparations for over a decade but nothing gets done.
A study on reparations? A study? That's the best we can ask for? And we can't even get that :snoop:

Moreover, leverage can occur within a Black political party vehicle. For example, if a state legislature is 45% GOP and 40% Democratic, but the remainder is the African Freedom Congress, one party will successfully court us for votes.
Bruv much of white America HATES black people. If we present what we want as only beneficial to us, established groups will fight tooth and nail to block it. And we don't, and won't with this party, have the political + economic clout to go at it on our own. We have to be a lot more shrewd and behind the scenes. nikkas wanna be out and about with shyt way too much

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
A study on reparations? A study? That's the best we can ask for? And we can't even get that :snoop:

Bruv much of white America HATES black people. If we present what we want as only beneficial to us, established groups will fight tooth and nail to block it. And we don't, and won't with this party, have the political + economic clout to go at it on our own. We have to be a lot more shrewd and behind the scenes. nikkas wanna be out and about with shyt way too much

Precisely my point. Pro-Black activism is tepid at best within the Democratic Party.

Yes, they hate us. But we don't need to be docile and passive in the face of their hatred. We must fight back. Both openly and covertly. An African American political party would accompany covert means to achieve equality and freedom.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Increased connections with the African diaspora and African continent. Entice Black people to become the majority of states such as South Carolina, Mississippi and Georgia via migration.

Republicans would just tell any black Democrat to vote for your party.

As for the great migration back to the South, :laff: good luck
re: Republican actions - We need Black Democrats. Please expand this point.

re: Great migration south - the Rust Belt is slowly emptying. It's happening before our very eyes.
The jokes on YOU when its ALREADY happening! The state of GA is already receiving a large influx of blacks. And statistics shows that its getting blacker and blacker.
re: Republican actions - We need Black Democrats. Please expand this point.

re: Great migration south - the Rust Belt is slowly emptying. It's happening before our very eyes.
The jokes on YOU when its ALREADY happening! The state of GA is already receiving a large influx of blacks. And statistics shows that its getting blacker and blacker.
Electorally capture Black majority cities. Then, move up to the state legislature to further our goals and protect/enlarge the autonomy of cities. Black-run cities are under threat via Emergency Control or stripping away powers over water/electricity/airports etc. We must fight them on all fronts.

Use our leverage in the state legislature to further our goals.

RNALogoComp.gif

In terms of militarily science....Bad Idea :francis: Wanna kill millions of black folks at 1 time, gather them in 1 place & drop that atomic bomb....

We'll be nikkasaki breh:mjlol:

Better off just spread out or just doing the migration thing in 1 state :manny::yeshrug:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
RNALogoComp.gif

In terms of militarily science....Bad Idea :francis: Wanna kill millions of black folks at 1 time, gather them in 1 place & drop that atomic bomb....

We'll be nikkasaki breh:mjlol:

Better off just spread out or just doing the migration thing in 1 state :manny::yeshrug:

Ridiculous... And the worst counter argument to this idea in this thread.

Otherwise Africa would have been nuked. Better yet the Caribbean.