The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The party must be exclusive. It's you're with our agenda or die. Eventually, it could be world wide. We mustn't fear being exclusive. The diaspora is very powerful.

Probably would happen simply because everyone hates black autonomy.

It could definitely be world-wide. A lot of political parties are part of international networks. For example, the Democrats are part of the "Progressive Alliance". We should form the African Liberation Network. We can promote political, economic and educational links with Africa and the diaspora. I have a few plans on this.

And! If they do team up against us, the only mitigating factor that could help us is taking over a state in terms of numbers. That could give us a shield, if we became the majority in South Carolina or Georgia.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Republicans would just tell any black Democrat to vote for your party.

As for the great migration back to the South, :laff: good luck

re: Republican actions - We need Black Democrats. Please expand this point.

re: Great migration south - the Rust Belt is slowly emptying. It's happening before our very eyes.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
As for the great migration back to the South, :laff: good luck

The jokes on YOU when its ALREADY happening! The state of GA is already receiving a large influx of blacks. And statistics shows that its getting blacker and blacker.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Realest thread I have seen probably ever :salute:

I support this idea if anything this election has shown the disgusting pandering both these parties do to secure our votes.But in reality could give two fukks about us.

No way in hell anyone already heavinly deep in the game can be apart of this.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Realest thread I have seen probably ever :salute:

I support this idea if anything this election has shown the disgusting pandering both these parties do to secure our votes.But in reality could give two fukks about us.

No way in he'll anyone already heavinly deep in the game can be apart of this.

I've felt so frustrated by this election, that I felt my positions were becoming contradictory towards Trump and Clinton. If that's the case, we should escape a paradigm - a two party duopoly which harms our political autonomy. The let down that Black people feel after Obama is evidence enough.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather the effort be put behind a Black Lobbying group, like AIPAC.
There are rather tremendous drawbacks for a Black political party, particularly in national elections, and the party essentially not existing in many states.
The Congressional Black Caucus needs more support and direction.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It could definitely be world-wide. A lot of political parties are part of international networks. For example, the Democrats are part of the "Progressive Alliance". We should form the African Liberation Network. We can promote political, economic and educational links with Africa and the diaspora. I have a few plans on this.

And! If they do team up against us, the only mitigating factor that could help us is taking over a state in terms of numbers. That could give us a shield, if we became the majority in South Carolina or Georgia.
"Liberation" can be a scary word, depending on what country you're in.
I can definitely get behind this. There are quite a few policy tanks in Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa that could certainly be a part of the alliance.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Only way this is would work is in major Black population centers...

You can say goodbye to winning any national election.

The party would have to be attached to an inclusive third party.

The Green Party already has a Black Caucus...

There's already a Pan African Political Party...

A lot of these things already exist, just nikkas don't use them because they are loyal to Democrats.

Also, in order for this an African American political party to have any sway, USA elections would have to be proportional...right now it is first past the post.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
"Liberation" can be a scary word, depending on what country you're in.
I can definitely get behind this. There are quite a few policy tanks in Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa that could certainly be a part of the alliance.

Optics, does matter. Freedom can be exchanged, I suppose, for liberation?