The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Only way this is would work is in major Black population centers...

You can say goodbye to winning any national election.

The party would have to be attached to an inclusive third party.

The Green Party already has a Black Caucus...

There's already a Pan African Political Party...

A lot of these things already exist, just nikkas don't use them because they are loyal to Democrats.

Also, in order for this an African American political party to have any sway, USA elections would have to be proportional...right now it is first past the post.

I only expect the party to work in major Black population centers. As I noted in my opening post, we'll never win a national election. The point is to have a political party which is more attuned to African-American struggles than the current dynamic. Even the Green Party won't work for us (despite the good work of Ajamu Baraka). If the Green Party ever went mainstream, they would compromise on our issues.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I'd rather the effort be put behind a Black Lobbying group, like AIPAC.
There are rather tremendous drawbacks for a Black political party, particularly in national elections, and the party essentially not existing in many states.
The Congressional Black Caucus needs more support and direction.

A Black lobbying group is a big start, but I fear that its efforts would be limited if there wasn't a political vehicle well suited to its goals. Moreover, what do you think the goals of a Black think tank should be?

The CBC needs more support and direction. Some people on it, John Conyers for example, are trying to help but at the end of the day - they are Democrats.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There are already Black leftists in the US who are working towards this, "The Black is Back Coalition", Black Agenda Report news but they're small in number - though very organized. They also lack funding.

But how about WE on the "street level" make it more known to the laymen to make it known to them.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
But how about WE on the "street level" make it more known to the laymen to make it known to them.

Social media. We gotta talk about it on forums like The Locker Room (which is why I didn't post this in the Root). Speak to our friends and families about the merits of a African-American political party.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Social media. We gotta talk about it on forums like The Locker Room (which is why I didn't post this in the Root). Speak to our friends and families about the merits of a African-American political party.

Indeed. I thinking starting a hastag movement #blackautonomy.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have thought about this myself. It's a good idea, but it won't work. Democracies are a numbers game, and by that measure it would be hard to get anything done.

Black people can easily leverage our political power without forming a political party. Our biggest political problem is that we give our votes away and demand nothing in return. We need to stop doing that... make these politicians earn their votes.

We also need to lobby and enter into the whole political donation process. Unfortunately that is just the way it works. Don't get me wrong... the GOP draws a lot of support and power from white supremacists. But politicians are spineless. They will bend to whoever they can count on for financial support.

We also need to stop trying to be an island and leverage with other groups to push for common goals. For example black people get hurt by illegal immigration. We should be rallying against that. We are disproportionately affected by basic economic issues. Jobs get outsourced or automated we lose out way more than other groups. Education finances get cut it's usually going to hit our neighborhoods first. Infrastructure spending gets cut it's gonna hit our neighborhoods first. So we need to stop looking at everyone outside like our enemies. We want a lot of the same shyt as everyone else... it's a lot easier to get what you want when you have a lot more people demanding it. ESPECIALLY as African Americans. A lot of white Americans are resentful from the fake idea that we get shyt they don't. So to get what we want we have to present the shyt in a way where it benefits everybody. Keep shyt on the low.

I definitely agree that black people need to do a better job at leveraging our political strength. We are the ONLY group that doesn't do this. A politician can do the Nae Nae on a talk show and lock in our vote :snoop:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I'd rather the effort be put behind a Black Lobbying group, like AIPAC.
There are rather tremendous drawbacks for a Black political party, particularly in national elections, and the party essentially not existing in many states.
The Congressional Black Caucus needs more support and direction.
A lobbying group is definitely necessary but fukk CBC.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has the beginnings of a good idea but how will a black party win elections when black run zone are hazardous.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I have thought about this myself. It's a good idea, but it won't work. Democracies are a numbers game, and by that measure it would be hard to get anything done.

Black people can easily leverage our political power without forming a political party. Our biggest political problem is that we give our votes away and demand nothing in return. We need to stop doing that... make these politicians earn their votes.

We also need to lobby and enter into the whole political donation process. Unfortunately that is just the way it works. Don't get me wrong... the GOP draws a lot of support and power from white supremacists. But politicians are spineless. They will bend to whoever they can count on for financial support.

We also need to stop trying to be an island and leverage with other groups to push for common goals. For example black people get hurt by illegal immigration. We should be rallying against that. We are disproportionately affected by basic economic issues. Jobs get outsourced or automated we lose out way more than other groups. Education finances get cut it's usually going to hit our neighborhoods first. Infrastructure spending gets cut it's gonna hit our neighborhoods first. So we need to stop looking at everyone outside like our enemies. We want a lot of the same shyt as everyone else... it's a lot easier to get what you want when you have a lot more people demanding it. ESPECIALLY as African Americans. A lot of white Americans are resentful from the fake idea that we get shyt they don't. So to get what we want we have to present the shyt in a way where it benefits everybody. Keep shyt on the low.

I definitely agree that black people need to do a better job at leveraging our political strength. We are the ONLY group that doesn't do this. A politician can do the Nae Nae on a talk show and lock in our vote :snoop:

"Our biggest political problem is that we give our votes away and demand nothing in return." - But we do. Democratic Congressmen John Conyers has demanded a study on reparations for over a decade but nothing gets done.

Moreover, leverage can occur within a Black political party vehicle. For example, if a state legislature is 45% GOP and 40% Democratic, but the remainder is the African Freedom Congress, one party will successfully court us for votes.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I have to sit on this but what stops this party from being bought out?