The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They'll never nuke africa :martin:Africa is rich in resources & a
big ass continent.... Meanwhile a lil bum state like mississippi :mjlol:.....:mjgrin:Nuke it in a heart beat..

africa-resources.jpg

resource-africa-map.jpg

true_size_of_africa_v3-da3dd38e.jpg

:usure:Cacs know the value of africa breh:francis:

:mindblown: do you have any idea how nukes work ? Radiological fallout ? Water / Wind contamination ?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Wait that your inane counter? Ridiclous. Not only that IF black were to annex Mississippi(why only MS and not GA), why the hell would the USA nuke a country right close to it where radiation would spread???:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

And at MINIMUM the USA would be on thin ice globally. The USA would waste all of this because a nation is "black." By your silly logic the USA should have been nuked the Caribbean///

@MansaMusa silly argument like these ruin threads like these.

Discussion is dumb. I can't even African-Americans having complete sovereignty over American territory without the collapse of the American state. In lieu of that, limited political sovereignty is possible via migration. Sorry you have to deal with such strange arguments, @KidStranglehold

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
since when were you African american:patrice:

I'm not African-American, but if you looked at a particular post earlier in the thread - I explained why I'm so invested in this issue. To summarize, all Black people in the diaspora are tied to the success/failures of African-Americans. Also, I share ancestry with African-Americans. Finally, I have African-American relatives.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunately too many blacks have been left by the wayside to have respectable recruitment/membership. Just look at BLM to get a good precursor of who would join this new political party. Those that have always participated in politics/elections are already registered in not just practice but mindset.

Black people are either rich and republican...middle class and democrat...poor and non political and/or democrat. You would have to finesse all those groups into one solid voting bloc.

But don't let me deter you. It's just interesting to me, for such a simple solution why has this never been in acted?

Oh and BTW when you get your party started, hold to your principals...you don't need to include any other racial groups or gender based groups in a party aimed at helping black people. They don't include you in any of their platforms its disrespectful that they EXPECT black people to extend courtesies to their constituents.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
A black political party would be no more accountable to black people than any other entity claiming to represent black interests. Lobbyists, organizations like the NAACP & BLM, and yes, this theoretical black political party, all need money to operate, and by extension are subject to the same problems of accountability. So unless you can explain how this political party could exist and grow without financial support I'm not seeing how it would be any different.

Black political problems really come down to 3 things. One we are too thirsty for some charismatic speakers and leaders to cajole us into getting organized. Latinos, Jews, LGBT all get shyt done without political parties or their own versions of MLK. Two we waste too much fukking time talking about what we wish we could do instead of making the most of what we can do. I.e. you want a black political party, but either don't realize or intentionally dismiss the political leverage we aren't utilizing now. And three we don't have any kind of collective agenda. Lot of bad ideas floating around. nikkas still talking about reparations :comeon: We need to do like the Jews. nikkas play too much. Too much chatty chatty not enough action.

Financial support would exist but it would mostly be garnered through supporters and small-donors. It's possible to have a viable political party that way. Recent successes with this model since 2008 have proven its worth.

I have a critique of your second paragraph ready - what if African-Americans in the Democratic Party have already reached the limitations of leverage that they can exercise within that party? If so, what then? That is perhaps why the two-party duopoly in the US isn't working for Black people.

The party can be a vehicle for a "collective agenda" of sorts. Also, we can't do like the Jews. We are visibly different than White people and can't blend in.
:francis:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Unfortunately too many blacks have been left by the wayside to have respectable recruitment/membership. Just look at BLM to get a good precursor of who would join this new political party. Those that have always participated in politics/elections are already registered in not just practice but mindset.

Black people are either rich and republican...middle class and democrat...poor and non political and/or democrat. You would have to finesse all those groups into one solid voting bloc.

But don't let me deter you. It's just interesting to me, for such a simple solution why has this never been in acted?

Oh and BTW when you get your party started, hold to your principals...you don't need to include any other racial groups or gender based groups in a party aimed at helping black people. They don't include you in any of their platforms its disrespectful that they EXPECT black people to extend courtesies to their constituents.

I appreciate your comments. As to why it's never been enacted, the closest we've come to such a movement was in the 1970s and the US government did its best to destroy Black political groups which operated outside of acceptable paradigms. In addition, high-watermarks of Black political autonomy (1870s, arguably the 1970s and now?) saw us unite with white majoritarian parties for limited gains which haven't solved fundamental issues for Black people.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah those rich assAsian Americans owning the beautyshops and laundromats and nails salons have some of my favorite political parties in the game right now :troll:

The rich ass Arabs owning the gas stations and bodegas...cant wait to vote for their political party on Tuesday :troll:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Financial support would exist but it would mostly be garnered through supporters and small-donors. It's possible to have a viable political party that way. Recent successes with this model since 2008 have proven its worth.

I have a critique of your second paragraph ready - what if African-Americans in the Democratic Party have already reached the limitations of leverage that they can exercise within that party? If so, what then? That is perhaps why the two-party duopoly in the US isn't working for Black people.

The party can be a vehicle for a "collective agenda" of sorts. Also, we can't do like the Jews. We are visibly different than White people and can't blend in.
:francis:
Obama's biggest donations came from big banks and the like... which is why he bailed them out and didn't prosecute any of them.

Prove to me that African Americans have reached the limitations of leverage they can exercise. Judging by our calls for "reparation studies" I'm gonna guess that's a hell to the no.

Jews don't even have a political party and they get shyt done. So why do we need one?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Oh yeah those rich assAsian Americans owning the beautyshops and laundromats and nails salons have some of my favorite political parties in the game right now :troll:

The rich ass Arabs owning the gas stations and bodegas...cant wait to vote for their political party on Tuesday :troll:

You can't protect economic gains without political guardianship.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

And this is why I made my statements. You will never have an organization that will "save blacks" because black people in general do not put black first. you can merely have an organization that just happens to be run by people who are black but are standing on a united basis. You can't really use Race and Ethnicity as that basis because you will allow in too many "different opinions" which will pretty much lead to nothing ever getting done i.e BLM.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate your comments. As to why it's never been enacted, the closest we've come to such a movement was in the 1970s and the US government did its best to destroy Black political groups which operated outside of acceptable paradigms. In addition, high-watermarks of Black political autonomy (1870s, arguably the 1970s and now?) saw us unite with white majoritarian parties for limited gains which haven't solved fundamental issues for Black people.
Every political party has a candidate they want to endorse. Who would you endorse to lead this new black political party?

Somebody that ALL black people can rally behind, respect, who will be non compromising? I would suggest Umar Johnson (smart, experienced, moral, strong leadership skills), or crazy as it sounds Dame Dash(born leader, fighter, strong business mind, respected in the community).

Please don't propose someone who has already been getting them political bags dropped off. If the person isn't prepared to die for his people (like Deeray and the rest of the CAC life matter sellouts, just get paid and run).

You should do your hw and see what you need to get started.

I want a repatriation program back to Africa as well as dual citizenship added to the referrendum.
Add that to the list and the 2020 election this party could be on the ballot.