The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
whats their to debate. Its as clear as asking whats a Jamaican or whats a haitian or Trinidadian

AA is someone that stems from the lineage of african men and women linked to American slavery. Not just any black person born in america. This group makes up the bulk of blacks in this country, I honestly don't see how anyone can be confused on this

I think the confusion mainly comes diasporan blacks who were born and raised in this country and identify with AA culture
Are these people AA : Obama , Stokely Carmichael , Malcolm x, Michael k Williams drake, Kerry Washington, asap ferg?
Who? Maybe they cant go home for whatever reason but what minority group doesn't have a home nation other than AA?

Stateless nation - Wikipedia

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Youre correct however IRL it's more complicated
How many AAs see themselves as AA first American second ? What about mixed ppl? Subsets like Creoles?secong gen immigrants ? There's no consensus on these questions because there has been no widespread AA nationalism movt
The simple fact We can debate about what an AA is is telling

We'll never have true consensus on something like ethnicity. As I stated at the start of the thread, let's not get bogged down in ideological purity or anything relating to that. It's a major distraction to the cause of Black political autonomy in the US.

Hence, why the left in the U.S. and Britain can't really accomplish much. They're stuck on definitions and not on action.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Are these people AA : Obama , Stokely Carmichael , Malcolm x, Michael k Williams drake, Kerry Washington, asap ferg?

Stateless nation - Wikipedia
people like Malcolm x and Kerry Washington are only half Caribbean. They have ties to AA lineage and subscribe to aa culture. The others would not be AA

ps-Why is Malcolm x always brought up wit this topic. Dudes mother was only half Caribbean. His father was full blown AA meaning breh was only 1/4 anyway

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
people like Malcolm x and Kerry Washington are only half Caribbean. They have ties to AA lineage and subscribe to aa culture. The others would not be AA

ps-Why is Malcolm x always brought up wit this topic. Dudes mother was only half Caribbean. His father was full blown AA meaning breh was only 1/4 anyway
His mother is fromGrenada that's 1/2

Why is Obama referred to as The first AA president by both white and black folk ? Similarly why were Shirley Chisholm and Colin Powell referred to as such

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Youre correct however IRL it's more complicated
How many AAs see themselves as AA first American second ? What about mixed ppl? Subsets like Creoles?secong gen immigrants ? There's no consensus on these questions because there has been no widespread AA nationalism movt
The simple fact We can debate about what an AA is is telling
1.creoles, the Gullah, various na/aa groups are all under the AA umbrella
2.there have been several AA nationalist movements since the early 1900's
3.second generations adopt the culture of their parents

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
His mother is fromGrenada that's 1/2

Why is Obama referred to as The first AA president by both white and black folk ? Similarly why were Shirley Chisholm and Colin Powell referred to as such
his mother was also half white I believe
I agree that the actual usage of the word in this sense, as it pertains to Obama,colin powell is incorrect

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:

nikka don't flip me a Wikipedia page when I asked you a direct question. There is like 50 different examples on that page I'm not that fukking gullible to just accept whatever is posted to be factually comparable.
This would take days to get to get a full understanding.

No beef, but i don't think you proved anything.
Just browse it . Some Examples would be Garifuna and Tuaregs