The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
AAs will be the focus but bear in mind the demographic transitions that I discussed in post #129, on top of other aspects of cultural assimilation which have made the definition of African-American far more nuanced than what it was in say, 1876.

All I can say is more power to you on that one.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
This is a good idea, if this got into someone's hands with the right amount of influence we could really start something

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How will an all black political party stand any chance of gaining votes outside of AA themselves? The point of running for office is to win, is it not?

I'm all for black people enjoying equality, but I'm not for appeasement. Just slapping a truckload of negroes in an office somewhere does not guarantee my vote.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
How will an all black political party stand any chance of gaining votes outside of AA themselves? The point of running for office is to win, is it not?

I'm all for black people enjoying equality, but I'm not for appeasement. Just slapping a truckload of negroes in an office somewhere does not guarantee my vote.

As I explained in my opening post, the point of the party is to create or maintain black spaces of political autonomy. This can occur on three levels:
- Municipal
- State-level
- In Congressional elections

The point is the party is to enact Black political interests or utilize leverage to push for legislation which will directly benefit us. Again, I ask you to re-examine the first page of the thread.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1820 if they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say no. If you asked an Irish Catholic person in 1916 if they thought they'd ever be free from British rule, they'd say maybe. If you asked an Irish person in 1920 if they'd form a Republic, they'd say yes.

The key to nationalism is the belief that their nation can achieve the goal of political autonomy. So yes, historically and presently mindset changing is crucial and can be done.
Comparing AA to Irish makes No sense I'm not sure you understand that AA is not a unified ethnic group or even recognized as everyone as an ethnic group . I suggest you make a thread asking the coli what AA us and see the debate and vitriol that is sure to follow
The key to Black people's nationalism is of course, the colour of our skin. Which is why Black nationalism has also worked in white supremacist states i.e. South Africa and the African National Congress. Black people have invented ideologies to match the source of our nationalism, see Frantz Fanon/Walter Rodney.
Phenotype is not another to untie anyone . Look at Nigeria
A political party is fine and dandy and a natural checkpoint in our progression...but more than anything we need a national homeland. Not a broad definition like Africa but a nation of our own. We are the only group of people on planet earth with no country of our own we can look to that retains our traditions, unmolested cultural practices, etc. That's why Jews snatched Palestine they were considering parts of Uganda at first. Blacks need to carve out a nation, populate it with African Americans and forever look to that country as an untapped representation of black America because nikkas here change with the wind. Whatever the crakkka green lights black people jump on it whether its music, fashion whatever. That doesn't happen to other racial groups because they look to their homeland for innovation, not outsiders.
i agree but there are many minority groups worldwide without there own countries not just AA

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Would it be liberal or conservative..
I'd personally prefer a conservative leaning Black political party..

What's odd is that if the Latinos go and forme their own party no one will object but wait till we try form one for ourselves.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Comparing AA to Irish makes No sense I'm not sure you understand that AA is not a unified ethnic group or even recognized as everyone as an ethnic group . I suggest you make a thread asking the coli what AA us and see the debate and vitriol that is sure to follow

i agree but there are many minority groups worldwide without there own countries not just AA

re: African-Americans

African-Americans, though an amalgamation of various African ethnic groups, have effectively become their own unique ethnic group. Their shared history, culture and language (ebonics) marks them as a new people on the world-stage. Of course, debates about the definition of what an 'African-American' is remain - it's quite clear that you are a distinct people. Bear in mind, what there is no ONE definition of an ethnic group. For example, are Alawites in Syria an ethnic group? Or Jews (given in mind Sephardic, Mizhraim, Ashkenazi and Beta Israel)?

If you are attempting that African-Americans are a race - I'd think you'd just hurt your case. Igbo and Yoruba are arguably from the same race, but they're different. Yoruba and African-Americans are arguably of the same race, but they're different groups.

re: Phenotype

What you're saying isn't clear here. Do you mind rephrasing your point?

re: Ethnic nationalism

A lot of significant ethnic minorities don't have their own countries, but look at what's happened to the Oromo, Igbo, Kurds, Maori, Hmong, Rwandan Tutsi before 1994 and Jews before 1948...
:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who? Maybe they cant go home for whatever reason but what minority group doesn't have a home nation other than AA?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
If you were to make a thread called What is an AA you'd have a 20pg debate
whats their to debate. Its as clear as asking whats a Jamaican or whats a haitian or Trinidadian

AA is someone that stems from the lineage of african men and women linked to American slavery. Not just any black person born in america. This group makes up the bulk of blacks in this country, I honestly don't see how anyone can be confused on this

I think the confusion mainly comes diasporan blacks who were born and raised in this country and identify with AA culture

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
re: African-Americans

African-Americans, though an amalgamation of various African ethnic groups, have effectively become their own unique ethnic group. Their shared history, culture and language (ebonics) marks them as a new people on the world-stage. Of course, debates about the definition of what an 'African-American' is remain - it's quite clear that you are a distinct people. Bear in mind, what there is no ONE definition of an ethnic group. For example, are Alawites in Syria an ethnic group? Or Jews (given in mind Sephardic, Mizhraim, Ashkenazi and Beta Israel)?

If you are attempting that African-Americans are a race - I'd think you'd just hurt your case. Igbo and Yoruba are arguably from the same race, but they're different. Yoruba and African-Americans are arguably of the same race, but they're different groups.

re: Phenotype

What you're saying isn't clear here. Do you mind rephrasing your point?

re: Ethnic nationalism

A lot of significant ethnic minorities don't have their own countries, but look at what's happened to the Oromo, Igbo, Kurds, Maori, Hmong, Rwandan Tutsi before 1994 and Jews before 1948...
:francis:
Youre correct however IRL it's more complicated
How many AAs see themselves as AA first American second ? What about mixed ppl? Subsets like Creoles?secong gen immigrants ? There's no consensus on these questions because there has been no widespread AA nationalism movt
The simple fact We can debate about what an AA is is telling