The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A political party is fine and dandy and a natural checkpoint in our progression...but more than anything we need a national homeland. Not a broad definition like Africa but a nation of our own. We are the only group of people on planet earth with no country of our own we can look to that retains our traditions, unmolested cultural practices, etc. That's why Jews snatched Palestine they were considering parts of Uganda at first. Blacks need to carve out a nation, populate it with African Americans and forever look to that country as an untapped representation of black America because nikkas here change with the wind. Whatever the crakkka green lights black people jump on it whether its music, fashion whatever. That doesn't happen to other racial groups because they look to their homeland for innovation, not outsiders.

Thats never going to happen. Liberia failed because you had a situation of Western Blacks going back to Africa and presenting Western Culture as superior and traditional African culture as being uncivilized. This created great tension and created a situation where Americo Liberians pretty much oppressed the indigenous people of the land, and refused to accept the cultures that predated them. The fact that Americo Liberians served as a proxy for American and Western intrest in general it was a recipe for destruction. Now the main issue with this was the Americo Liberians being puppets for the West and selling off the land to the highest bidders, but still West Culture was used to oppress the people who were already there. So with that historic example, what nation is going to give up land for AAs to make home? I think at the most we will have global partnerships amongst blacks who share a common ideal but I dont see the creation of some new nation ever happening.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats never going to happen. Liberia failed because you had a situation of Western Blacks going back to Africa and presenting Western Culture as superior and traditional African culture as being uncivilized. This created great tension and created a situation where Americo Liberians pretty much oppressed the indigenous people of the land, and refused to accept the cultures that predated them. The fact that Americo Liberians served as a proxy for American and Western intrest in general it was a recipe for destruction. Now the main issue with this was the Americo Liberians being puppets for the West and selling off the land to the highest bidders, but still West Culture was used to oppress the people who were already there. So with that historic example, what nation is going to give up land for AAs to make home? I think at the most we will have global partnerships amongst blacks who share a common ideal but I dont see the creation of some new nation ever happening.
I don't care give me a couple hundred thousand acres in Antarctica for all I care. The purpose is not to colonize and build an empire, but simply to maintain the culture and the people unmixed like every other nation on planet earth. The Chinese will always be Chinese because China is full of Chinese people. So on and so forth with every other nation. nikkas is out here marrying cacs, seeding up philipinos, just the whore of planet earth procreating with every nation under the sun. How the fukk can one maintain a culture when that culture has an open door policy with any and everybody? In 100 years...at this rate what will be left? Who will be left to deserve those reparations? An exile needs to take place in an effort to preserve our identity.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I'm not African-American, but if you looked at a particular post earlier in the thread - I explained why I'm so invested in this issue. To summarize, all Black people in the diaspora are tied to the success/failures of African-Americans. Also, I share ancestry with African-Americans. Finally, I have African-American relatives.
its just rather odd to address AA's as "us" or our". When your one,not AA and two not even from the same country:dead:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The difference between SA and America is in America you have Blacks who have bought into the system of White Supremacy due to the complex history of America. In SA Blacks were never robbed of their history so they knew exactly who they were and knew who the enemy was. In America Blacks have much more complex backgrounds which creates the complex situation.

Like I said I`m not here to argue or debate because I`m not in the business of changing minds and convincing people on what they need to do for themselves.

Not entirely true. Cape Coloureds (8.8 per cent of South Africa's population) owe their existence to white supremacy. They were a key demographic in the anti-Apartheid struggle. Moreover, the Apartheid system did its best to steep young African children in the idea that their ancestors were evil and villains compared to the "righteous" Boers.

Luckily, idea-changers like the ANC existed. And Steve Biko's Black Consciousness Movement, which taught Black people to reject the white monopoly on truth.

:francis:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
its just rather odd to address AA's as "us" or our". When your one,not AA and two not even from the same country:dead:

I see all people in the African diaspora as my relatives but I see your point. I think it's an odd critique given that Garvey was from Jamaica but do you. Do you think all non-African Americans can't refer to Black people while including themselves in that dynamic? Do you think Garvey was wrong?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't care give me a couple hundred thousand acres in Antarctica for all I care. The purpose is not to colonize and build an empire, but simply to maintain the culture and the people unmixed like every other nation on planet earth. The Chinese will always be Chinese because China is full of Chinese people. So on and so forth with every other nation. nikkas is out here marrying cacs, seeding up philipinos, just the whore of planet earth procreating with every nation under the sun. How the fukk can one maintain a culture when that culture has an open door policy with any and everybody? In 100 years...at this rate what will be left? Who will be left to deserve those reparations? An exile needs to take place in an effort to preserve our identity.

Blacks in the west are a product of Mixing and continue to mix with Africans from around the Disapora. So are you talking about AAs only procreating with other AAs to maintain AA culture or what?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I see all people in the African diaspora as my relatives but I see your point. I think it's an odd critique given that Garvey was from Jamaica but do you. Do you think all non-African Americans can't refer to Black people while including themselves in that dynamic? Do you think Garvey was wrong?

Referring to something as being for AAs and something as being for Blacks are not the same if you want to get technical. Black people are all grouped together in the US, but historically AAs are a distinct ethnic group. So to say something is for AAs only and to say something is for Black people only are not the same.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks in the west are a product of Mixing and continue to mix with Africans from around the Disapora. So are you talking about AAs only procreating with other AAs to maintain AA culture or what?
Of course. An African American embassy if not a country ran by, populated by and adjudicated by aa.

Like every other racial group on the planet is afforded. You think there aren't dire consequences by being a nation of people inside of a nation of people with no traditional homeland to turn to or return to?

That's why our culture is so easy to manipulate, its never been in our hands to control in the first place.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Referring to something as being for AAs and something as being for Blacks are not the same if you want to get technical. Black people are all grouped together in the US, but historically AAs are a distinct ethnic group. So to say something is for AAs only and to say something is for Black people only are not the same.

African-Americans are a distinct group (I described that in my opening post) but bear in mind that many recent African immigrants to the United States have folded into African-American culture or intermarried with them. Some of my American relatives are examples of that. Also, there's a certain flexibility with the terminology. Moreover, greater success in states like Florida requires coalitions with Black peoples from Haiti or Jamaica if not them being folded into a broader political definition of "African-American".

Furthermore, as African-American fertility rates slow down - increasing population growth for African-Americans will come from Black immigrants to the United States. Current African-American fertility rate is 1.88 which is below replacement (2.1) levels.

Finally, being bogged in ideological nonsense won't get us to where we need to be politically. If future African-American population growth relies on culturally assimilating Black Africans, Latinos/Anglos/Francophones etc. - then we (as Black people) need to be flexible.

@Poitier

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Of course. An African American embassy if not a country ran by, populated by and adjudicated by aa.

Like every other racial group on the planet is afforded. You think there aren't dire consequences by being a nation of people inside of a nation of people with no traditional homeland to turn to or return to?

That's why our culture is so easy to manipulate, its never been in our hands to control in the first place.

I`m just gonna say good luck with that and end on that note.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

Are we talking black people which is macro scale
Or are we talking AA which is a specific ethnicity. It all depends

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
African-Americans are a distinct group (I described that in my opening post) but bear in mind that many recent African immigrants to the United States have folded into African-American culture or intermarried with them. Some of my American relatives are examples of that. Also, there's a certain flexibility with the terminology. Moreover, greater success in states like Florida requires coalitions with Black peoples from Haiti or Jamaica if not them being folded into a broader political definition of "African-American".

Furthermore, as African-American fertility rates slow down - increasing population growth for African-Americans will come from Black immigrants to the United States. Current African-American fertility rate is 1.88 which is below replacement (2.1) levels.

Finally, being bogged in ideological nonsense won't get us to where we need to be politically. If future African-American population growth relies on culturally assimilating Black Africans, Latinos/Anglos/Francophones etc. - then we (as Black people) need to be flexible.

@Poitier

IMO there is African American History and then there is Black Culture when it comes to America. Due to blacks mixing, alot of the stuff we see is the end result of the mixing of cultures to create a new end product. Jamaicans in NYC are not African American yet had an instrumental role in the creation of things we enjoy in America that are considered part of Black Culture. Are you saying these people should disregard their Jamaican Heritage? These people do not have origins in the US South thus they are not African Americans what so ever yet, they are instrumental in helping create parts of modern Black American Culture.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Are we talking black people which is macro scale
Or are we talking AA which is a specific ethnicity. It all depends

Exactly, we keep using them interchangeably when they are not the same. If you want to make AAs the focus of something (which I have no problem with) that will take this entire convo in a different direction than if we are talking about Blacks who live in America.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
IMO there is African American History and then there is Black Culture when it comes to America. Due to blacks mixing, alot of the stuff we see is the end result of the mixing of cultures to create a new end product. Jamaicans in NYC are not African American yet had an instrumental role in the creation of things we enjoy in America that are considered part of Black Culture. Are you saying these people should disregard their Jamaican Heritage? These people do not have origins in the US South thus they are not African Americans what so ever yet, they are instrumental in helping create parts of modern Black American Culture.

These nuances were addressed in post #129. See my response.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Exactly, we keep using them interchangeably when they are not the same. If you want to make AAs the focus of something (which I have no problem with) that will take this entire convo in a different direction than if we are talking about Blacks who live in America.

AAs will be the focus but bear in mind the demographic transitions that I discussed in post #129, on top of other aspects of cultural assimilation which have made the definition of African-American far more nuanced than what it was in say, 1876.