The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
well it being "midrange" really comes down to price, right?
I always look at mid-range cards in terms of performance. Any card that can max out all games at 1080P is a high end card to me.

An argument can be made that a high end card needs to max out 1440P, but the majority of gamers aren't on those monitors just yet. I consider those enthusiast cards.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I always look at mid-range cards in terms of performance. Any card that can max out all games at 1080P is a high end card to me.

An argument can be made that a high end card needs to max out 1440P, but the majority of gamers aren't on those monitors just yet. I consider those enthusiast cards.
yeah, but then where do the 970, 980, and whatever comes next (Titan 2, big maxwell, 990) fit? it seems kinda dismissive of all these tiers to just say the 960 is "high end" and everything better is "enthusiast"

plus my 780 can't "max out all games at 1080P", and I doubt this card can either. 'most' games maybe, but there are exceptions, and those will be what everyone brings up...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:dahell: why did you bring this in here?

And what did I say that was wrong or "ban" worthy?

And why are you trying to start shyt with me? I always say you're a helpful poster and even nominated you for poster of the year. Why are you feeling insecure all of the sudden? The post wasn't directed at you

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
the 'ban' thing is a joke

but look at all the shyt you said just to respond to that '86 dude. shyt was uncalled for
why? I specifically didn't say "all pc gamers in the thread"

Why are you feeling insecure? I always say you're a good poster and even nominated you for poster of the year. It wasn't directed at you or the other good posters in this thread. It should be pretty clear who that was directed at.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
why? I specifically didn't say "all pc gamers in the thread"

Why are you feeling insecure? I always say you're a good poster and even nominated you for poster of the year. It wasn't directed at you or the other good people in this thread. It should be pretty clear who that was directed at.
among other things, you called this thread "useless"

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
among other things, you called this thread "useless"
I called it practically useless when looking for help. Is that not an accurate statement? I've seen countless people get little to no help on here, me included. I've helped people in the past and I know you have too, but very few others help out at all. Why did what I say make you so upset? It's been pretty clear the "major" posters in this thread have beef with me. This is nothing new. Why are you trying to start shyt with me? Why do you have the need to defend everything pc, no matter what? You're more than your pc, you don't have to cape every time somebody says something about pc gaming that you don't like.

Here I thought we were on neutral terms. I guess I gotta go add you to a list of people to avoid now too, just because they can't handle another opinion :mjcry:. Come on Daze, I thought you were better than this. Can't a man have an opinion?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I called it practically useless when looking for help. Is that not an accurate statement? I've seen countless people get little to no help on here, me included. I've helped people in the past and I know you have too, but very few others help out at all. Why did what I say make you so upset? It's been pretty clear the "major" posters in this thread have beef with me. This is nothing new. Why are you trying to start shyt with me? Why do you have the need to defend everything pc, no matter what? You're more than your pc, you don't have to cape every time somebody says something about pc gaming that you don't like.

Here I thought we were on neutral terms. I guess I gotta go add you to a list of people to avoid now too, just because they can't handle another opinion :mjcry:. Come on Daze, I thought you were better than this. Can't a man have an opinion?
we're just some regular folks discussing PC's and PC games. no one here is obligated to 'help'. but never the less I do think people here do try to help each other for the most part

all this shyt ain't that serious and if you really feel you got "beef" and need to put people on a list, I think you need to check yourself

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
we're just some regular folks discussing PC's and PC games. no one here is obligated to 'help'. but never the less I do think people here do try to help each other for the most part

all this shyt ain't that serious and if you really feel you got "beef" and need to put people on a list, I think you need to check yourself
Breh, I think it's the other way around. You brought in a simple conversation I had with 86 because you felt offended. What part of the game is that? You got offended at a comment I made to another person. You take this way too seriously.

I'm not spending hours arguing with people anymore because they simply don't like that fact that I brought up bad pc ports last year. Do you remember that shyt? It was tiresome. I have to have a "list" of people to ignore or I'm just gonna waste my time beefing with them. I even had a poster following me around trying to argue with me in multiple threads for no reason. People were making fake ciggavelli accounts. Come on breh, you can't turn a blind eye to that. Some of y'all really do take pc life, or forum life or whatever, way too seriously. I used to like the pc thread, and I hope to again in the future, but right now it's not suiting my needs. I still like a lot of posters on here though. It's just that the vocal posters seems to have beef with me (and you have to be a fool to not see that), so the thread isn't really working out for me (and that's why I don't post in it as much).

Like I said I thought we were cool. I dunno why you tried to start shyt with me for no reason. The conversation wasn't even with you. Why, breh?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Breh, I think it's the other way around. You brought in a simple conversation I had with 86 because you felt offended. What part of the game is that? You got offended at a comment I made to another person. You take this way too seriously.
the comment you made to one person included "y'all are worthless" and "The pc thread really is useless now". maybe I do take that personally when I have more worthless posts than anyone else in the useless PC thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@winb83 you never answered them raid questions, what does your motherboard have to do with anything? Did you not know you can set up RAID through your operating system now ? im legit curious

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
the comment you made to one person included "y'all are worthless" and "The pc thread really is useless now". maybe I do take that personally when I have more worthless posts than anyone else in the useless PC thread

hes over here calling us worthless but in the same span we just help/helping @winb83 set up like 10 terabytes of hard drives through RAID :skip:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't know why you took that personally. You're a regular on this forum. I thought you and the other posters I don't have beef with would realize who I'm talking to. I even said "not all mind you." It wasn't directed at you. I think I have the 3rd most posts in here myself. I used to love this thread. shyt changes. Hopefully it changes back again. We'll see.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Goddamn I am messing with this Xbox one and can spot the pixelation across the room :huhldup:

I REALLY like the snap feature though

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
hes over here calling us worthless but in the same span we just help/helping @winb83 set up like 10 terabytes of hard drives through RAID :skip:
I don't know how many other posters come in here asking for basic info and then all you hear are crickets. It is what it is. But like Daze said this isn't a troubleshooting forum, so whatever. I get help elsewhere. no problems anymore for me. Maybe I was expecting too much from this thread