The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yall hard drives really out here dying this often tho ? :dahell:
my concern was it the mobo dies keeping the data. I'm kinda salty cause I got 16 GBs of Corsair Vengeance and the damn fan on the Hyper Evo 212 sits so far out on this mini-itx board that it was pushing the second stick of ram and I couldn't get it in. Now the fan is pushed up a bit on the heatsync to get everything to fit. The Bitfenix Prodigy is nice though was able to get in there and add the ram without having to take apart the whole PC.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell: expand on this please
the raid controller is the motherboard so when that no longer functions how could one keep the same array? If you plug those drives up to another system wouldn't that just consider it random data? With a Raid 5 array there's parity so all of the data isn't on one given drive the first x bits are on drive 1 the next x bits are on drive 2 and the xor table is used to create the parity bits on drive 3 so if one or 2 fails the data on drive 3 can be used to reconstruct the missing data.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
the raid controller is the motherboard so when that no longer functions how could one keep the same array? If you plug those drives up to another system wouldn't that just consider it random data? With a Raid 5 array there's parity so all of the data isn't on one given drive the first x bits are on drive 1 the next x bits are on drive 2 and the xor table is used to create the parity bits on drive 3 so if one or 2 fails the data on drive 3 can be used to reconstruct the missing data.
bruh.... WHAT?! :mindblown:

what does your motherboard got shyt to do with shyt for raid 5 ? :dahell:

I havnt set up significant RAID HD's in awhile, but I cant recall the motherboard ever playing a part in anything :dahell:

are you confusing your motherboard with BIOS ? :dahell: which in 2015 you shouldnt even need to use for RAID..

You can configure RAID through your operating system... your motherboard is not playing a part..

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Damn dual core is idling in the 70s on a stock cooler. I messed up bad somewhere. Didn't wanna have to buy an aftermarket cooler for it but I may.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Damn dual core is idling in the 70s on a stock cooler. I messed up bad somewhere. Didn't wanna have to buy an aftermarket cooler for it but I may.
something is definitely wrong with idling at 70c. I would take off the heat sink, clean it, re-apply thermal paste, and make sure it's on there tight

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Love my minotor
:banderas:

IMG_20150120_225113.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
something is definitely wrong with idling at 70c. I would take off the heat sink, clean it, re-apply thermal paste, and make sure it's on there tight
I cleaned off the Intel pre-applied paste and put on Arctic 5 silver. Went down to 35-40 idle temps. I guess I'll see how it handles in the summer.

Ended up buying one of these hard drives too
http://slickdeals.net/f/7606836-sea...internal-hard-drive-retail-kit-230-newegg?v=1
It was $209 after my Amex $20 off $200 at Newegg offer for a 6TB drive.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:mjlol: go waste money on $1000 CPUs that give you absolutely no gaming benefit whatsoever.

When was the last time I complained about something not meeting my expectations? I only complain about broken shyt. I tried getting help from you all, but aside from a few pc gamers on here, y'all are worthless. You barely see me in the pc thread anymore. I got my problems fixed thanks to the help of other forums. The pc thread really is useless now. It used to be helpful. Now people ask for help and get no responses. shyt fell off hard. I get help elsewhere now (where I should have in the first place).

I never complain about performance issues and I game in 3 monitors. It's always been about broken shyt. You pc gamers, no all mind you, get up in arms when somebody says something bad about pcs. I'm not the only one that saw problems in 2014 with high end shyt, but I'm the only one secure enough to speak about them. Some of you all are so scared of seeming weak against the "peasants". shyt's pathetic.

You're barely in the PC thread anyway. Why are you even talking to me. Still mad about our bs argument about metacritic? :mjcry:

Go run along now...

:ban:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Very impressive. It's hard to even consider that a midrange card though with that kind of performance and then overclocking ability.

128 bit bus is a bit dissapointing, but still very impressive.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Very impressive. It's hard to even consider that a midrange card though with that kind of performance and then overclocking ability.

128 bit bus is a bit dissapointing, but still very impressive.
well it being "midrange" really comes down to price, right?