The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You went out and bought one of those? That's a dual core with no hyper threading. In a gaming rig its not really worth the money spent to get less than a quad core because games are starting to require those now.
I've had this CPU for months. I bought it when it first came out last summer I think. I had replaced it temporarily with a 4690k but went back as the differences although noticeable weren't enough to warrant to cost at that time when I needed the money for something else.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've had this CPU for months. I bought it when it first came out last summer I think. I had replaced it temporarily with a 4690k but went back as the differences although noticeable weren't enough to warrant to cost at that time when I needed the money for something else.
U gonna regret not keepin that 4690k bro...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U gonna regret not keepin that 4690k bro...
I plan on copping it soon. I was tight on funds the day I bought it and ended up returning it the next day. There was an a few of the games I had but most of them barely played any better since my original setup was good enough. I probably will buy it again around the time GTA V launch.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Thinking about upgrading to an i5/gtx 970 from an AMD 6300/gtx 760. PC is starting to become my primary form of gaming since console releases have been pretty underwhelming so far.

I'm still a scrub when it comes to picking parts, any recommendations?

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Thinking about upgrading to an i5/gtx 970 from an AMD 6300/gtx 760. PC is starting to become my primary form of gaming since console releases have been pretty underwhelming so far.

I'm still a scrub when it comes to picking parts, any recommendations?

You still @ 1080p or na? That 760 can't be saturated @ 1080p yet

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
You still @ 1080p or na? That 760 can't be saturated @ 1080p yet
Yea I'm still at 1080p. Games that I mod, like Fallout, Skyrim, and probably GTA in the future, suffer from crashes my lack of VRAM and they all are more processor dependent so that's the reason for me wanting to hop over to Intel.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I am trying to build a simple laptop/notebook, to use for stuff like office and to run my tax software.. where can I find the stuff I need to build a laptop.....

I already have a desktop, but dont want to use that

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I am trying to build a simple laptop/notebook, to use for stuff like office and to run my tax software.. where can I find the stuff I need to build a laptop.....

I already have a desktop, but dont want to use that
Why don't you just buy a shytty netbook type laptop? Those things are cheap as shyt. Best buy has $200 laptops that will run office and turbo tax no problem. Building a laptop seems like a lot of work for just plain ol' office. You literally don't need anything to run that shyt. You can pretty much pick up the cheapest laptop and it'll run the office suite. Just don't buy a chromebook.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
On the laptop subject, I got a screw stripped in my laptop repairing and Ican't fix anymore shyt until I remove it. :sadcam:

Anyone know a decent method to remove? Rubberband isn't working. :yeshrug:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
On the laptop subject, I got a screw stripped in my laptop repairing and Ican't fix anymore shyt until I remove it. :sadcam:

Anyone know a decent method to remove? Rubberband isn't working. :yeshrug:

is the screw recessed or flush with the surface?
if not then try using pliers to turn it.

otherwise If you happen to have a drill and somedrill bits handy, drill a small hole in the center of the screw.
No need to drill too deep. The idea here is just to drill a small hole to allow your Phillips screw driver to seat deeper in the hole to help it catch better when you turn it.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yea I'm still at 1080p. Games that I mod, like Fallout, Skyrim, and probably GTA in the future, suffer from crashes my lack of VRAM and they all are more processor dependent so that's the reason for me wanting to hop over to Intel.

If you are gaming at 1080P then someting with 2GB or 3GB of VRAM should hold you over. Something between a 690 and a 760...and even that 760 is going to be sort of high end for 1080P gaming.

If you go up to the 770 or higher range at 1080P...you are sort of just throwing your money away because those cards are powerful enough to game at 2k or better (some games even in 4k)...

If you plan on gaming above 1080p then yeah you should get that 4GB 970 or 980...if you get it and you are going at 1080P it is just complete overkill and while you will be able to run damn near every game at all ultra everything...you won't be pushing your card very hard and thus won't be getting your money's worth...

I got some 780's because I game a 4k and 2k resolutions...but if I was still gaming at 1080p and had no desire to move beyond that resolution I would have copped some 690's and saved a ton of money.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Holy shyt brehs. I just walked into Bestbuy and saw a mechanical keyboard laying there. I decided to give this bytch a few strokes and instantly came. Purchased it right on the spot. I got the Ttesports Mechanical gaming keyboard. :ohlawd: Typing never felt so fukking good. (It's the Cherry MX Blues)
The sound effects is so good. :ohlawd: shyt has backlights and a fn key to control windows sounds and even a button to disable the windows key(Great for gaming.)

It only came out to $80 since I had $5 in bestbuy rewards.

:ohlawd:
This shyt is gonna increase my posting tremendously. :ohlawd:

IMG_20150117_180512.jpg

Damn breh I been trying not to blow some money on a good mechanical keyboard but post like this aren't helping at all:mjcry:

I use to come to this thread alot and I specifically stopped cause people started posting all these mechancial keyboards and I want one so bad but I don't really need one:mjcry:

Damn at the way it lights up shyt looks nice:mjcry:

I got some blue circular lights on my fans in my V1200 case and at night they spin in circles on the wall shyt looks so cool:mjcry:

And here you go showing me a keyboard with blue lights to go with it:mjcry:

I'm out of this thread for awhile less I open a amazon or newegg tab and then:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh I been trying not to blow some money on a good mechanical keyboard but post like this aren't helping at all:mjcry:

I use to come to this thread alot and I specifically stopped cause people started posting all these mechancial keyboards and I want one so bad but I don't really need one:mjcry:

Damn at the way it lights up shyt looks nice:mjcry:

I got some blue circular lights on my fans in my V1200 case and at night they spin in circles on the wall shyt looks so cool:mjcry:

And here you go showing me a keyboard with blue lights to go with it:mjcry:

I'm out of this thread for awhile less I open a amazon or newegg tab and then:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
I needed one badly. My keyboard was broken and I wanted something sturdy but this was above my budget but after using it I'm glad I have one. I contemplated bringing it work. :wow:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
If you are gaming at 1080P then someting with 2GB or 3GB of VRAM should hold you over. Something between a 690 and a 760...and even that 760 is going to be sort of high end for 1080P gaming.

If you go up to the 770 or higher range at 1080P...you are sort of just throwing your money away because those cards are powerful enough to game at 2k or better (some games even in 4k)...

If you plan on gaming above 1080p then yeah you should get that 4GB 970 or 980...if you get it and you are going at 1080P it is just complete overkill and while you will be able to run damn near every game at all ultra everything...you won't be pushing your card very hard and thus won't be getting your money's worth...

I got some 780's because I game a 4k and 2k resolutions...but if I was still gaming at 1080p and had no desire to move beyond that resolution I would have copped some 690's and saved a ton of money.
So maybe I should throw this AMD processor to the bushes for the 4690k then?

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

So maybe I should throw this AMD processor to the bushes for the 4690k then?