The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol, I was the same way when I first got mine. "man, I need to... type... something"

I got reds though, so no click. just the sound when they bottom out. I know blues are supposed to be better for typing

you need to go play a fps with WASD
I don't even remember what the floor model of the keyboard I tested was using. I just started typing on it and immediately decided to get it. I didn't even have to think twice about. I'm looking online and some folks say the blues are too loud and I'm like :what:??? I LOVE the sounds of this shyt. My goodness typing feels like a damn joy now. I can definitely bust out those list wars with such ease now :ohlawd:. Plus the keyboard has backlights which is pretty handy at night.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't even remember what the floor model of the keyboard I tested was using. I just started typing on it and immediately decided to get it. I didn't even have to think twice about. I'm looking online and some folks say the blues are too loud and I'm like :what:??? I LOVE the sounds of this shyt. My goodness typing feels like a damn joy now. I can definitely bust out those list wars with such ease now :ohlawd:. Plus the keyboard has backlights which is pretty handy at night.
welcome to the club, breh :salute:

it was worth it, right? That clicky-clack life :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now just get a high dpi mouse and a nice 5.1 headset and the cypher will be complete
I've been using the Logitech G500s for a while now. I kind of am in need of a good wireless headset though... I usually use my PS Golds(I know they aren't real 5.1) but they are broken right now on the hinges so I pretty much use tape to hold them together which isn't really doing much.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've been using the Logitech G500s for a while now. I kind of am in need of a good wireless headset though... I usually use my PS Golds(I know they aren't real 5.1) but they are broken right now on the hinges so I pretty much use tape to hold them together which isn't really doing much.
I HIGHLEY recommend the astro a50 wireless 5.1s. You need dolby digital live though and optical out (your mobo might not have it, so you better check first [even my asus mobo didn't have it and I had to buy a sound card). shyt sounds so good and was well worth the money. shyt sounds so good :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I HIGHLEY recommend the astro a50 wireless 5.1s. You need dolby digital live though and optical out (your mobo might not have it, so you better check first [even my asus mobo didn't have it and I had to buy a sound card). shyt sounds so good and was well worth the money. shyt sounds so good :wow:
Ehh optical out?? I had a sound card in my PC I bought specifically for optical out usage but I've long gone away from that since upgrading my receiver so I can use HDMI out for A/V.

Anything else that doesn't require that?? I don't have the sound card installed anymore(It's still here though.) I also would prefer something a lil cheaper.. I don't do too much intense gaming nowadays so I don't really feel the need to splurge on a big headset. HONESTLY, right now I really want to dive into 32-40" 120HZ monitor to replace my TV. Either that or maybe a dual monitor setup :yeshrug:. At work everyone in my department is on some dual monitor shyt.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ehh optical out?? I had a sound card in my PC I bought specifically for optical out usage but I've long gone away from that since upgrading my receiver so I can use HDMI out for A/V.

Anything else that doesn't require that?? I don't have the sound card installed anymore(It's still here though.) I also would prefer something a lil cheaper.. I don't do too much intense gaming nowadays so I don't really feel the need to splurge on a big headset. HONESTLY, right now I really want to dive into 32-40" 120HZ monitor to replace my TV. Either that or maybe a dual monitor setup :yeshrug:. At work everyone in my department is on some dual monitor shyt.
Nah, I'm all astro all the way. I don't really have any other suggestions. People like Turtle Beach though I think (I think....) I dunno about those 120hz monitors breh. I was gonna get 3 of em with my new build, but I've heard some bad things about viewing angles (and I need that for 3 monitors).

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I have SteelSeries Siberia V2's. I like them a lot. they're big and fit all the way around your ear. plus they're very lightweight. great sound, bass, etc., but they're just stereo. the retractable mic also works good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA65022H4399

I got them cheaper though. shop around...

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
dual core? :umad:

Don't la...okay, laugh a little. But my PC in my music room (well, one of them - I have two) runs an E8800. Remember you could OC those things to hell and back. It's OCed to 4.3. Since it only runs music software and is a backup HTPC, it's more than enough. I had two, so I built an HTPC for the my parents w/the same processor.

GTAV running on a Q6600?

tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o1_250.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't la...okay, laugh a little. But my PC in my music room (well, one of them - I have two) runs an E8800. Remember you could OC those things to hell and back. It's OCed to 4.3. Since it only runs music software and is a backup HTPC, it's more than enough. I had two, so I built an HTPC for the my parents w/the same processor.

GTAV running on a Q6600?

tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o1_250.gif
My intel Pentium G3258 runs pretty much all my games fine. The only game that has an issue is Larry Dogs and Far Larry 4.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I wonder if GTA V just straight up won't run on a dual core, or if the performance just won't be good

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My intel Pentium G3258 runs pretty much all my games fine. The only game that has an issue is Larry Dogs and Far Larry 4.
You went out and bought one of those? That's a dual core with no hyper threading. In a gaming rig its not really worth the money spent to get less than a quad core because games are starting to require those now.