The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
lazy devs, amiright?

all we can say is they haven't released an updated driver for those games. that doesn't mean they didn't "attempt" to fix them
Daze take off the cape for a second. You saw the release notes; only 2 fukking games were included in the update. That's bad for any driver release. Nvidia has known about the issues since day one on Far Cry and Dragon Age. People, including me have told them exactly what is wrong with the game in sli, and they did nothing. It's unacceptable. Their forums have big threads with pics and detailed explanations. shyt is just plain unacceptable. I don't know how you can say it's not. How long have these games been out? shyt, I'm sick and tired of waiting, but it's all I can do at this point. Maybe Nvidia will fix it, but maybe not. Who knows at this point.

"But people don't play console ports on pc."

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Daze take off the cape for a second. You saw the release notes; only 2 fukking games were included in the update. That's bad for any driver release. Nvidia has known about the issues since day one on Far Cry and Dragon Age. People, including me have told them exactly what is wrong with the game in sli, and they did nothing. It's unacceptable. Their forums have big threads with pics and detailed explanations. shyt is just plain unacceptable. I don't know how you can say it's not. How long have these games been out? shyt, I'm sick and tired of waiting, but it's all I can do at this point. Maybe Nvidia will fix it, but maybe not. Who knows at this point.

"But people don't play console ports on pc."
how do you know they've done "nothing"?

maybe the issues are proving to be difficult to fix

edit: the issues could also be on the game's end, and/or something they have to work together (game devs and nvidia) on to fix. when they dropped that first Dragon Age update, they said they have at least two more updates on the way

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
how do you know they've done "nothing"?

maybe the issues are proving to be difficult to fix

edit: the issues could also be on the game's end, and/or something they have to work together (game devs and nvidia) on to fix. when they dropped that first Dragon Age update, they said they have at least two more updates on the way
As you mentioned to me previously in the DAI thread, sli will likely have to be fixed by nvidia. I happen to agree with you there. I'm hoping the new updates do something, but we'll see. Do you know when the next DAI patch is supposed to come out? It's been a while since the last one.

I just find it a bit mindblowing that sli is such a low priority for nvidia or the developers (whoever is to blame). I can understand three monitor shyt being a low priority (very few people have that), but sli is fairly common in the enthusiast world. The funny thing is, both games actually run in 3 monitors out of the box, which was pretty nice, but then they fukk up the sli shyt? It makes no sense to me. :mindblown:

I'll just keep on waiting. I got "peasant" games to play anyway. This little pc break is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I figured the shyt would be fixed by now, but I was wrong. I couldn't even play the shyt correctly, even if I wanted to (yes, I could play in one monitor with one gpu, but I'd rather wait for the full experience I want to enjoy the game in).

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
As you mentioned to me previously in the DAI thread, sli will likely have to be fixed by nvidia. I happen to agree with you there. I'm hoping the new updates do something, but we'll see. Do you know when the next DAI patch is supposed to come out? It's been a while since the last one.

I just find it a bit mindblowing that sli is such a low priority for nvidia or the developers (whoever is to blame). I can understand three monitor shyt being a low priority (very few people have that), but sli is fairly common in the enthusiast world. The funny thing is, both games actually run in 3 monitors out of the box, which was pretty nice, but then they fukk up the sli shyt? It makes no sense to me. :mindblown:

I'll just keep on waiting. I got "peasant" games to play anyway. This little pc break is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I figured the shyt would be fixed by now, but I was wrong. I couldn't even play the shyt correctly, even if I wanted to (yes, I could play in one monitor with one gpu, but I'd rather wait for the full experience I want to enjoy the game in).
no idea when the next DAI path is due. looking at this thread, everyone's just talking about Divinty OS :heh:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521697-pc-community-concerns/page-352

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The big sli thread is on the nvidia forums

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...quisition-major-issues-on-nvidia-hardware-/1/

I gotta play divinity. I bought that shyt but haven't touched it yet. That turn based shyt is a turnoff, but I hear such good things
the white fog persists :wow: that's such a weird issue

you should check out Divinity. turn based is the proper way to play an rpg IMO. that way it all comes down to stats, like in D&D

...but maybe I'm just bias cause I suck at Dark Souls and any other game that comes down to mastering the timing of a 'parry' :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its been so nice to move away from the cable company's DVR and have the DVR on my PC instead. I've already recorded over 800GBs worth of content in a bit over a month and a half. The cable company's DVR would be running out of space. I can just move all those recordings to NAS storage and have unlimited space.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
came home all drunk NYE and ordered those PBT keycaps :drunk:

they should be here tomorrow :win:

PC gaming :mjcry:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Not even a peep about some 8GB 980's...or at least something above 4GB?

These dudes had better announce SOMETHING before the witcher 3 comes out...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not even a peep about some 8GB 980's...or at least something above 4GB?

These dudes had better announce SOMETHING before the witcher 3 comes out...
I think they're waiting on AMD to announce the 390xs first.

If we go by the 700s, it'll still be a while before we see 8gb 980s. The Titan 2 will probably come out before that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think they're waiting on AMD to announce the 390xs first.

If we go by the 700s, it'll still be a while before we see 8gb 980s. The Titan 2 will probably come out before that.
we're already off course "if we go by the 700s". 'last gen' the Titan released first, then the 780, and then finally the 780ti. along with that is the fact they never made a 6gb 780ti. plus how they pushed out the "Titan Z" and not a 790

really the oddball in the situation was their decision to name that GK110 chip the "Titan" and not the "GTX 7xx"

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
we're already off course "if we go by the 700s". 'last gen' the Titan released first, then the 780, and then finally the 780ti. along with that is the fact they never made a 6gb 780ti. plus how they pushed out the "Titan Z" and not a 790

really the oddball in the situation was their decision to name that GK110 chip the "Titan" and not the "GTX 7xx"
The titan black was before the 780ti though right? (I could be remembering that wrong though) And those 6gb 780s were like a year after the og ones. I don't know if we'll see a 980ti this year. We never saw a 680ti.

If we go by the rumors though, the titan 2 and 390x should be coming this year. They also said the 8gb 980s would come out in December and we all know how that went. I think nvidia is waiting on AMD though. I think we can be fairly certain about that.

My guess is the 390x will be 6gb and liquid cooled like the 295x2. The Titan 2 will probably be 8gb. Then they'll release a 980ti that will be a 4gb version of the titan 2. Then we'll see 8gb 980s. That is just my guess though. If AMD really blows away the 980 with the 390x, then nvidia may take drastic matters and release things differently.

we just need AMD to do something. The 390x will come out this year, but will it be next month or will it be June? I really hope it's sooner rather than later. Everything is riding on that in my opinion. Nvidia is not gonna release anything right now to cannibalize their 980, when it's still the best gpu on the market at the moment.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The titan black was before the 780ti though right? And those 6gb 780s were like a year after the og ones. I don't know if we'll see a 980ti this year. We never saw a 680ti.

If we go by the rumors though, the titan 2 and 390x should be coming this year. They also said the 8gb 980s would come out in December and we all know how that went. I think nvidia is waiting on AMD though. I think we can be fairly certain about that.

My guess is the 390x will be 6gb and liquid cooled like the 295x2. The Titan 2 will probably be 8gb. Then they'll release a 980ti that will be a 4gb version of the titan 2. Then we'll see 8gb 980s. That is just my guess though. If AMD really blows away the 980 with the 390x, then nvidia may take drastic matters and release things differently.

we just need AMD to do something. The 390x will come out this year, but will it be next month or will it be June? I really hope it's sooner rather than later. Everything is riding on that in my opinion. Nvidia is not gonna release anything right now to cannibalize their 980, when it's still the best gpu on the market at the moment.
the 780ti released 3 months before the Titan Black (11/07/2013 vs 02/18/2014)

who said 8gb 980s would come out in December?

it's kind of an evolution of ideas. the Titan was released as being a 'consumer version' of their ~$4000 Tesla cards. that was their departure from calling it the "GTX 7xx"... but that kinda went out the window when they released the GTX 780 also using a GK110 chip. now they're stuck making these rather arbitrary distinctions between the 780, 780ti, Titan, and Titan Black. the obvious distinction was 6gb being unique to the Titan cards, but the 6gb 780 is a curve-ball there

the Titan-Z costing 50% more than two Titan Blacks was also kind of weird. it's all like one grand experiment to see what people are willing to pay depending on how a product is marketed

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
the 780ti released 3 months before the Titan Black (11/07/2013 vs 02/18/2014)

who said 8gb 980s would come out in December?

it's kind of an evolution of ideas. the Titan was released as being a 'consumer version' of their ~$4000 Tesla cards. that was their departure from calling it the "GTX 7xx"... but that kinda went out the window when they released the GTX 780 also using a GK110 chip. now they're stuck making these rather arbitrary distinctions between the 780, 780ti, Titan, and Titan Black. the obvious distinction was 6gb being unique to the Titan cards, but the 6gb 780 is a curve-ball there

the Titan-Z costing 50% more than two Titan Blacks was also kind of weird. it's all like one grand experiment to see what people are willing to pay depending on how a product is marketed
Yeah, it really is one big experiment. That Titan-z was waaaaaaaaay overpriced. It was for suckers. This titan line has really thrown a wrench in shyt.

The 8gb 980s coming out in December was just a rumor I saw several places. Here for example:

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/11/03/nvidia-readying-geforce-gtx-980-8gb-imminent-release/

Since AMD released those 8gb 290xs, people we're assuming nvidia would respond. Unfortunately, they haven't yet.