The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear I can't fukking stand fixing computers for certain people. :snoop:

This dumb cac bytch is sitting here trying to do her own thing when she doesn't have a fukking clue what she's doing. :mad:

I'm this close to banging on this bytch. I can't fukking stand clueless 50 year old women trying to talk over me. :snoop:

Your fukking anti virus is suddenly disabled?? :ohhh: Lemme guess it's a fukking infection bytch. Let me see it. Stop fukking....:snoop:

*exhales*

Last edited:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
fukk man. my pc has been down over a month. told myself i was gonna get back on it but since i bought my ps4, i just been spending more time on that.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
got a question on CPU's. is there any real difference between i5's and i7's right now? Is it worth paying extra for the i7 over the high end i5?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
got a question on CPU's. is there any real difference between i5's and i7's right now? Is it worth paying extra for the i7 over the high end i5?

For gaming? No. There's non gaming tasks where you'd see a bigger difference (media, compression, rendering, so on).

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
For gaming? No. There's non gaming tasks where you'd see a bigger difference (media, compression, rendering, so on).

my daily tasks would be gaming,downloading, streaming and unzipping large files/transferring large files.

i5 would be the best option then? if so, which version?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
my daily tasks would be gaming,downloading, streaming and unzipping large files/transferring large files.

Transferring large files benefits most from an ssd over a hdd

How large are these zip files anyway?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

If you're compressing and transferring on a regular basis I'd shoot for the i7. If you don't OC get the 4790 non K (I'm assuming your CPU socket is LGA1150). Non K also has the Intel GPU on die so if you video card shyts (or you don't have a discrete one) that's a neat little bonus to keep you running.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Comcast was on my ass again, attacking my VPN and finally crippling service to my computer (2mbps). I noticed my laptop and phone were fast as fukk though. I changed my MAC address and voila!, shyt is back to normal :heh:

fukking comcast. They are my most hated company right now. I pay all this money for them to cripple my shyt? Damn :damn:

BTW it's so easy to change your MAC address. Combined with a VPN, I'm virtually anonymous. I never knew it was this easy. :dead:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
these PCB keycaps :ahh:

they definitely feel and sound much more 'solid' than the ABS keycaps. the texture is nice as well

edit: now that I've started down this road of 'keyboard customization', I'm thinking of switching out my cherry mx red switches for the arrow keys, and some other keys, for cherry blues... :patrice:

PC Gaming :mjcry:

edit2: just looked it up, and changing the switches would involve soldering. fukk all that. I just wanted some clicky arrow keys...

Last edited:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Comcast was on my ass again, attacking my VPN and finally crippling service to my computer (2mbps). I noticed my laptop and phone were fast as fukk though. I changed my MAC address and voila!, shyt is back to normal :heh:

fukking comcast. They are my most hated company right now. I pay all this money for them to cripple my shyt? Damn :damn:

BTW it's so easy to change your MAC address. Combined with a VPN, I'm virtually anonymous. I never knew it was this easy. :dead:

I had no complains about Comcast(besides their prices) till recently when my shyt started randomly disconnecting

I call them and they dont know whats up, send a person over and of course its working fine when they drop by

Verizon told me FIOS is now available and Im going with them at the end of the month

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I had no complains about Comcast(besides their prices) till recently when my shyt started randomly disconnecting

I call them and they dont know whats up, send a person over and of course its working fine when they drop by

Verizon told me FIOS is now available and Im going with them at the end of the month
That's exactly what they're doing with me. I'm convinced they're spying on me as well. I'm seriously thinking of going to verizon too if this shyt keeps going on. They are seriously out of hand. I can't believe them. Worst fukking company ever.

I gotta use a VPN to not get throttled, which they literally attack, and now I gotta change my MAC address every so often so I can get shyt back to normal. They are a piece of shyt company. :pacspit:

:mindblown: at how draconian they are being. It's out of this world.