The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
can you please give me a detailed break down or a link...i don't want to deal with this shyt show.
Open the programs, right click on em in the task bar and select pin to task bar. Do this for your most used programs. Win 8.1 should start in desktop mode automatically anyway (it did for me at least). I touch metro maybe once a month, that's it. I pinned the control panel, task manager, steam, office suite, msi afterburner, and about 5 other comingly used programs. You really don't need a start button at all. You can download a third party app to bring it back though. I don't know what it's called, but a quick search should find it for you.

You can live without a start button. It just takes pinning.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Open the programs, right click on em in the task bar and select pin to task bar. Do this for your most used programs. Win 8.1 should start in desktop mode automatically anyway (it did for me at least). I touch metro maybe once a month, that's it. I pinned the control panel, task manager, steam, office suite, msi afterburner, and about 5 other comingly used programs. You really don't need a start button at all. You can download a third party app to bring it back though. I don't know what it's called, but a quick search should find it for you.

You can live without a start button. It just takes pinning.

thanks...i'll pass this info on to the female unit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bought a new motherboard on eBay. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE I was pleasantly surprised when I swapped mobos and my hard drive booted into Windows 8.1 just fine. Even switched out the drivers for me too. I guess it helped that they were both Z77 chipsets. Now when my Node 304 gets here the real fun begins and I can get that small ass board out of my full ATX case.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Bought a new motherboard on eBay. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE I was pleasantly surprised when I swapped mobos and my hard drive booted into Windows 8.1 just fine. Even switched out the drivers for me too. I guess it helped that they were both Z77 chipsets. Now when my Node 304 gets here the real fun begins and I can get that small ass board out of my full ATX case.

you didn't have to reinstall window with a new mobo?
all your files were there too?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My computer doesn't turn on now. It turns on briefly for a couple seconds, shuts down, turns on again then shuts down a min later, and cycles like that. I've tried different mobo and PSU and does the same thing so I think the cpu is fried. I'm going to try to see if I can get a warranty claim

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you didn't have to reinstall window with a new mobo?
all your files were there too?
No I didn't have to re-install. It ended up requesting I reactivate Windows today. I'm used to getting a blue screen if you switch out a major component like that.

My goal was to avoid the re-install because I have copy once DVR content recorded on the PC and a re-install means it becomes useless. I can still play everything with the new motherboard.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I been fukking around with this MGSV for a few days now...

nTPB6y1.gif

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Almost everything is exchangable with ease, it can just get messy if you jump from AMD to INTEL, but I would assume that even that is not that bad anymore.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
My computer doesn't turn on now. It turns on briefly for a couple seconds, shuts down, turns on again then shuts down a min later, and cycles like that. I've tried different mobo and PSU and does the same thing so I think the cpu is fried. I'm going to try to see if I can get a warranty claim
Maybe not fried, make sure the thermal paste is still good though and reapply some.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol:

:dead:

@Ciggavelli How your PC been running breh?? Mines been pretty problem free since the past month or so. Haven't had any issues lately :win:.
I haven't really been playing pc games recently. I'm catching up on consoles shyts. Just beat DK:TF. I'm gonna try Bayonetta again next.

They never fixed the games I want to play on pc (at least not in sli), so it's still a waiting game for me. I'm disappointed as fukk, but not surprised. Nvidia has been slipping with their drivers. They didn't even attempt to fix sli shyt in dragon age or far cry 4 in the latest driver. Didn't even attempt it :smh: shyt pisses me off. I'm really thinking about going AMD in the spring with my new build. If those 390xs are as good as the rumors, I think we'll see something special.

I just can't believe dragon age and fc4 weren't even touched by nvidia. fukking :pacspit: I dunno what they're doing. They used to be so good with the drivers. I'm glad I got console shyt to fall back on right now though. If not, I'd be more than pissed, or be forced to use one gpu and one monitor :scust:

This break from PCs is doing me well right now though. shyt was a constant battle. Stepping away has been good for me

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't really been playing pc games recently. I'm catching up on consoles shyts. Just beat DK:TF. I'm gonna try Bayonetta again next.

They never fixed the games I want to play on pc (at least not in sli), so it's still a waiting game for me. I'm disappointed as fukk, but not surprised. Nvidia has been slipping with their drivers. They didn't even attempt to fix sli shyt in dragon age or far cry 4 in the latest driver. Didn't even attempt it :smh: shyt pisses me off. I'm really thinking about going AMD in the spring with my new build. If those 390xs are as good as the rumors, I think we'll see something special.

I just can't believe dragon age and fc4 weren't even touched by nvidia. fukking :pacspit: I dunno what they're doing. They used to be so good with the drivers. I'm glad I got console shyt to fall back on right now though. If not, I'd be more than pissed, or be forced to use one gpu and one monitor :scust:

This break from PCs is doing me well right now though. shyt was a constant battle. Stepping away has been good for me
:patrice:
Over here with AMD, I last heard MGS:GZ was running like crap on AMD cards. :yeshrug:. Seems like it's a hit or miss these days.