The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Advice please.

Which 970 shall I get ?

The Gigabyte I got and returned as its too loud
:beli:

Asus Strix is silent but slowest and overclocks the least

Galax black, very mixed reviews

Galax infinity, again very mixed reviews

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Advice please.

Which 970 shall I get ?

The Gigabyte I got and returned as its too loud

Asus Strix is silent but slowest and overclocks the least

Galax black, very mixed reviews

Galax infinity, again very mixed reviews
I think the MSI joint is supposed to be the quietest 970

I usually prefer EVGA cards :yeshrug:

edit: EVGA 970 SuperduperSuperClock :win:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Daze take off the cape for a second. You saw the release notes; only 2 fukking games were included in the update. That's bad for any driver release. Nvidia has known about the issues since day one on Far Cry and Dragon Age. People, including me have told them exactly what is wrong with the game in sli, and they did nothing. It's unacceptable. Their forums have big threads with pics and detailed explanations. shyt is just plain unacceptable. I don't know how you can say it's not. How long have these games been out? shyt, I'm sick and tired of waiting, but it's all I can do at this point. Maybe Nvidia will fix it, but maybe not. Who knows at this point.

"But people don't play console ports on pc."

where did I complain about anything? Daze and I are just talking about upcoming releases. Your reading comprehension really is poor. :camby:
I've never seen so much talk of driver updates in here.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've never seen so much talk of driver updates in here.
talking about pc issues in the pc thread? :ohhh: Wow, that's fukked up :camby:

And I was specifically asked about my pc shyt by fatboi. Get the fukk outta here breh :trash:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just messing with you breh
well, since you're bored, pick me out parts for the best $4k computer. I think I know what I want, but you've been doing this a long time. I want to see what you'd pick. Include everything

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I leave Dark Souls alone for a bout a month or so, and check it out and now I get a black screen. Verifying data integrity, making sure there's no conflicting programs or files in the root folder does nothing.

PC gaming brehs :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I leave Dark Souls alone for a bout a month or so, and check it out and now I get a black screen. Verifying data integrity, making sure there's no conflicting programs or files in the root folder does nothing.

PC gaming brehs :mjcry:
Nothing is wrong

*angry, emotional titan-graph*

You're just doing it wrong. You probably have viruses or some shyt. I've been doing this since I was 10. You just don't know shyt about pc gaming. Peasant :ufdup:

:troll:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Anybody think they could give me some insight?

I think maybe I had my PC on for too long. I had it on and accidentally running a game for like 2 days straight. My shyt crashed when playing Crysis 3 the other day and then crashed when playing DAI. Both were similar. Like, the game screen went black, and this screeching type of sound stayed in my speakers. I let my computer chill for a day or so and haven't had any issues since. Any clue what it may be? My shyts not that old. Built it a yr ago.

Im gonna try Crysis 3 here in a lil cause i like lookin at that pretty shyt. games pretty ass tho.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing is wrong

*angry, emotional titan-graph*

You're just doing it wrong. You probably have viruses or some shyt. I've been doing this since I was 10. You just don't know shyt about pc gaming. Peasant :ufdup:

:troll:
I know Dark Souls had an update for migrating to Steam but idk :manny:.

Guess I'll just play Bloodborne on PS4 :troll:.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I think maybe I had my PC on for too long. I had it on and accidentally running a game for like 2 days straight. My shyt crashed when playing Crysis 3 the other day and then crashed when playing DAI. Both were similar. Like, the game screen went black, and this screeching type of sound stayed in my speakers. I let my computer chill for a day or so and haven't had any issues since. Any clue what it may be? My shyts not that old. Built it a yr ago.

Im gonna try Crysis 3 here in a lil cause i like lookin at that pretty shyt. games pretty ass tho.
Check your temps. Your gpu might have overheated for being on for 2 days straight. If it was at 100% usage for 48 hours, I could see it getting pretty hot. Hopefully you didn't fukk up a gpu fan :lupe:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

both those games will push your system to it's limits. the screen going black sounds like the gpu, but who knows. monitor your temps and shyt to see if anything is getting too hot