The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
New or used?

Better wipe those harddrives..............:usure:

used

it has Win 8 with a password

I see the previous owners email address on the screen I should email him for the password
jkG23RRnz0NF4_e.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
so how do I go about logging into the pc?

I want to see whats in there before I install a fresh OS

Win 8 with no guest account
Create a Linux Bootable os on a USB. You can boot that up during startup and bypass all windows security and look through the files but you never know if he's got Trojans or worse on there so it's good to start fresh.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Create a Linux Bootable os on a USB. You can boot that up during startup and bypass all windows security and look through the files but you never know if he's got Trojans or worse on there so it's good to start fresh.

I bought a computer one time and they guy had like 500 movies on it and complete seasons of series and I saved all that ish before starting fresh

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
My mans gave me a laptop that he wants set back to factory settings

its his wife's brother's joint that she let him have

I don't know if its ducktales or not and nor do I care...

I previously restored his wife's laptop (which was virtually unusable with hundreds of viruses) back to factory settings without a password by simply simply hitting "enter" during the system restore where they ask for username and password (which was on a dell)

This one I'm working on now is an Acer but hitting enter when they ask for the pw doesn't work on this one.

How do i go about setting it to factory settings without a pw brehs?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
My mans gave me a laptop that he wants set back to factory settings

its his wife's brother's joint that she let him have

I don't know if its ducktales or not and nor do I care...

I previously restored his wife's laptop (which was virtually unusable with hundreds of viruses) back to factory settings without a password by simply simply hitting "enter" during the system restore where they ask for username and password (which was on a dell)

This one I'm working on now is an Acer but hitting enter when they ask for the pw doesn't work on this one.

How do i go about setting it to factory settings without a pw brehs?

do you have a windows disk?
if so, put it in and reboot.
go to bios before windows starts and change the boot sequence so that it boots from the cd rather than the hard drive.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
go to bios before windows starts and change the boot sequence so that it boots from the cd rather than the hard drive.
no disc, no nada...

homie just gave me the laptop asked me to restore it to factory settings then bounced

theres no way to do that?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, manufacturers added a hidden partion on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.

To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps. It worked for me, and should work for you.

ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.

1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.

3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.

4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.

7) Click Next to Start recovery.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/242195-44-restore-acer-laptop-factory-settings

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you really do buy everything :wow:

did you get the i5?
I got the base model i3 at Walmart with a gift card so it cost $500. I was gonna sell off my old desktop and just use it as a HTPC but its a tad on the slow side. Instead just bought this mobo off eBay for $110
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77I_DELUXE/

It's far cheaper to use the parts of my old 3570K build than it is to spend $500 on an Alpha then $50 on extra memory then $250+ on a better processor and I spent $99 on a 2TB laptop hard drive I can't take back cause I broke the enclosure on it. Probably will go in the PS4 when I return this Alpha.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
Last edited: