The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Mobo
GIGABYTE GA-H67MA-USB3-B3

CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K

hard drives
Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB
Western Digital WD Green WD20EADS 2TB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB

Ram
16GB Crucial

has a stock cpu fan and a Blu-Ray player

brand is ZT

has Win 8 with a passworded account

cant log in to see what video card it has

funny thing is I didnt know what pc it was since the case had no brand and no labels(besides the Windows one) but I saw an i7 sticker and felt I should take the risk

looks like I have another winner
New or used?

Better wipe those harddrives..............:usure:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You don't want the hybrid in your ps4. It won't help out and is slower. The hybrid is good for laptops with no ssd.

edit: scratch that, i just checked your links. they hybrid is actually faster. Maybe shoulda gone with that. The ssd caching probably won't help much though.

5400 is kinda slow, but it's what the ps4 has already, right? You shouldn't notice a difference

theyre different sizes dumb fukk

no wondered you needed Fry's to help build your computer

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
theyre different sizes dumb fukk

no wondered you needed Fry's to help build your computer
one's a solid state hybrid you idiot too. Get my name out of your mouth. You're worse than a bytch. You truly are a sad man-child.

And the speeds are different. You're a fukking moron. Nothing I said was wrong.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:dwillhuh:

Look at the links you fukking moron! They are different types of hdd and have different speeds. Or can you not read?

You're the most pathetic poster on this board :damn:

Mowgli asked why one was more expensive than the other despite both being the same hard drive capacity. Thats it. One is a 2.5" drive (usually more expensive), the other is a 3.5" inche drive (usually less expensive).

If you built computers, instead of pretending you do, you would know this :pachaha:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Mowgli asked why one was more expensive than the other despite both being the same hard drive capacity. Thats it. One is a 2.5" drive (usually more expensive), the other is a 3.5" inche drive (usually less expensive).

If you built computers, instead of pretending you do, you would know this :pachaha:
:dead: Completely ignoring everyting I wrote. I fukking build the previous 2 computers I owned. You're just an obsessed piece of shyt. It's becoming absurd now. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't this prime partying time. Shouldn't you be out making money?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:dead: Completely ignoring everyting I wrote. I fukking build the previous 2 computers I owned. You're just an obsessed piece of shyt. It's becoming absurd now. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't this prime partying time. Shouldn't you be out making money?
my days at the club are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.

So that means days like today I can spend my time promoting and pointing out your obvious horrible posts :ufdup:

how does it feel that you'll be last in voting by a land slide :umad:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
my days at the club are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.

So that means days like today I can spend my time promoting and pointing out your obvious horrible posts :ufdup:

how does it feel that you'll be last in voting by a land slide :umad:
How does it feel to be not nominated at all? :umad:

I've never seen such a pathetic poster on the coli. You got a problem breh.

And nothing was wrong with my post at all. There are multiple differences between the harddrives. Can't you fukking read? :mindblown:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How does it feel to be not nominated at all? :umad:

I've never seen such a pathetic poster on the coli. You got a problem breh.

And nothing was wrong with my post at all. There are multiple differences between the harddrives. Can't you fukking read?

maybe I shoulda voted for myself and then I woulda got nominated ? :laff:

Nothing wrong with your post ? ok lets point out some OBVIOUS horrible things with your post.

You don't want the hybrid in your ps4. It won't help out and is slower. The hybrid is good for laptops with no ssd.

edit: scratch that, i just checked your links. they hybrid is actually faster. Maybe shoulda gone with that. The ssd caching probably won't help much though.

5400 is kinda slow, but it's what the ps4 has already, right? You shouldn't notice a difference

The first line you type, you said the hybrid is slower, then the second line you said the hybrid is faster :mindblown: horrible part #1

horrible part #2: Judging hard drive speeds solely based off RPM.

not all RPM are created equal. You're like the person who thinks speed of a car is 100% reliant on horse power. Both hard drives transfer at 6 gb/s :laff: The hybrid will save and load faster not just because of its RPM, but also because of the SSD technology built into it.

@daze23 answered @Mowgli question very easily, the difference in the price is because of the size of the physical size of the hard drive(among a few other things, but 2.5 drives are made more for laptops and less produced than 3.5 drives for desktop). Because it was the only correct answer. You tried to put your 2 cents in to keep proving you know what you are talking about, but like always just continue to make yourself look more like a dumbass.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Nothing wrong with your post ? ok lets point out some OBVIOUS horrible things with your post.

The first line you type, you said the hybrid is slower, then the second line you said the hybrid is faster :mindblown: horrible part #1

not all RPM are created equal. You're like the person who thinks speed of a car is 100% reliant on horse power. Both hard drives transfer at 6 gb/s :laff: The hybrid will save and load faster not just because of its RPM, but also because of the SSD technology built into it.

@daze23 answered @Mowgli question very easily, the difference in the price is because of the size of the physical casing of the hard drive(among a few other things, but 2.5 drives are made more for laptops and less produced than 3.5 drives for desktop). Because it was the only correct answer. You tried to put your 2 cents in to keep proving you know what you are talking about, but like always just continue to make yourself look more like a dumbass.
Yeah, I corrected myself....in the exact same post. But I'm starting to see you can't read.

You're literally telling me a 5400 hdd is the same speed as a 7200? :dwillhuh:

How's the ssd caching gonna work in the ps4 without the software? :mindblown:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

@daze23 answered @Mowgli question very easily, the difference in the price is because of the size of the physical casing of the hard drive(among a few other things, but 2.5 drives are made more for laptops and less produced than 3.5 drives for desktop). Because it was the only correct answer. You tried to put your 2 cents in to keep proving you know what you are talking about, but like always just continue to make yourself look more like a dumbass.
So im not going to notice a difference is what you're saying. :leostare:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yeah, I corrected myself....in th exact same post. But I'm starting to see you can't read.

You're literally telling me a 5400 hdd is the same speed as a 7200? :dwillhuh:

How's the ssd caching gonna work in the ps4 without the software? :mindblown:

SOFTWARE FOR WHAT ? :mindblown:

bruh just get the fukk outta this thread :camby:

So im not going to notice a difference is what you're saying. :leostare:

this is for your PS4 right ? The 3.5" drive wont even fit inside a ps4 .. you'll need get a HDD enclosure and it'll sit outside the PS4. She probably bought the more expensive one because the rep told her the cheaper one wont fit in the PS4, which is 100% correct. There are ways around that though, which is what the enclosure is for.

But im sure @Ciggavelli , someone who owns a PS4 , had this little info just skip his mind when typing out that dumb ass response he posted earlier

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
SOFTWARE FOR WHAT ? :mindblown:

bruh just get the fukk outta this thread :camby:

this is for your PS4 right ? The 3.5" drive wont even fit inside a ps4 .. you'll need get a HDD enclosure and it'll sit outside the PS4. She probably bought the more expensive one because the rep told her the cheaper one wont fit in the PS4, which is 100% correct. There are ways around that though.
Ok I feel better. I didn't notice it said desktop. Retarded me. I don't even see a 2tb solid state laptop drive on amazon. I think ill snuggle tonight :whoo: