The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Whats a good UPS to get for a gaming PC?

Would a 330 Watts / 550 VA be good enough?

I've never used one, but I imagine you would want the wattage to match your PSU (or at least however much your PC needs under full load). 330w is pretty weak

but I really don't think it's something you're really gonna need for 'gaming', unless you lose power a lot. they only provide you with a few minutes of power. basically just enough to save your 'work' and shut your computer down properly

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Whats a good UPS to get for a gaming PC?

Would a 330 Watts / 550 VA be good enough?

So unless you live in a high brownout area...

And your PSU for your PC is really low quality...

And your Motherboard doesn't have any sort of power surge features...and most made after 2012 do...

And unless you are working on a bunch of stuff all the time that you absolutely must save...

Then getting a PSU for a PC nowadays isn't a necessity...

Technically your UPS needs to be able to handle the wattage your PC uses, not what the wattage for your power supply is...

To be safe you could just match it but UPS's can get insanely expensive the more you go up in wattage...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This war of mine?
It's "overwhelmingly positive" on steam. It looks pretty cool. It's on my wishlist. Might cop, but probably will wait for the Christmas sale. I got some nintendo games to play before then anyway :hamster:

and before you say it, I'm going to buy non triple A releases on pc still, so don't even go there :ufdup:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
These humble bundle deals are better than those steam sale ones earlier this month.

Shadow Warrior for $3.99. I think I'll take that :win:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's "overwhelmingly positive" on steam. It looks pretty cool. It's on my wishlist. Might cop, but probably will wait for the Christmas sale. I got some nintendo games to play before then anyway :hamster:

and before you say it, I'm going to buy non triple A releases on pc still, so don't even go there :ufdup:
Buying AAA games on consoles that run them worse? :wtf:

I'm done trying to understand your logic breh. A couple of years from now you will look at everything like wtf was I thinking? :wtf:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Buying AAA games on consoles that run them worse? :wtf:

I'm done trying to understand your logic breh. A couple of years from now you will look at everything like wtf was I thinking? :wtf:
Nah breh, the triple A games are the ones that are broken (at least the console ports that I like to play). These indies and smaller developers are the ones that are doing it right on the pc right now. Wreckfest is absolutely incredible from a technical standpoint and it's not even alpha yet. It's got 3 monitor support, sli support, no pop-in, and great graphics. What the fukk these big name developers are doing, I have no idea. It's absolutely mindblowing that a pre-alpha game is more polished than a released game :mindblown: These console ports are pieces of shyt. "but nobody plays console ports on pc" :comeon:

Like I said before, I probably won't even be missing out. What games are coming out in the next 3-6 months anyway? I'll buy witcher 3 on the pc cuz I know cd-projekt will do it right. These other developers, well, you know...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You going all out on that keyboard :ehh:

I love my mechanical too, so I feel ya :cheers:
I'm still considering my options. there's only one set of PBT keys that is made for backlit kb's. one issue with them is the backlighting only lights up the top of the number keys. you can kinda see it in this pic

MD-3625_20140922200754_e5ff1e8798ebe971.jpg

plus they're only available in black or white and I really wanted grey

PC Gaming :mjcry:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
whats the deal with mechanical keyboards? I have a thin ass Logitech model that makes absolutely no noise when you type whats the advantage of a mechanical model?