The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://i.imgur.com/sclkkyd.png

so i assume 100 is too high for the max on the cpu? do i need to buy a new cpu fan?
:damn:

you got a stock heatsink? does it look like this?

2327814742_7a860fdfe1_m.jpg

:scusthov:

real talk, something is wrong, and that's approaching the temp where your computer will just shut down. blow some compressed air through your heatsink. make sure that shyt is nice and clean. I had a stock heatsink in my last build, and I had to blow the dust out every couple months to keep temps in check

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have a stock heatsink. i already cleaned out my cpu last week and everything looked fine. guess ill open it up again. i dont recall it ever shutting down on its own

edit: ok it just went up to 100 again and the fan went off so its def the cpu. should i just replace the heatsink?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i have a stock heatsink. i already cleaned out my cpu last week and everything looked fine. guess ill open it up again. i dont recall it ever shutting down on its own

edit: ok it just went up to 100 again and the fan went off so its def the cpu. should i just replace the heatsink?
the fan turned off?

edit: and what are you doing that's using 100% of your cpu?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fan turned off?

edit: and what are you doing that's using 100% of your cpu?
No I meant it got loud.

I have no idea it seems to happen randomly even when the computers supposedly idle and not being used

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No I meant it got loud.

I have no idea it seems to happen randomly even when the computers supposedly idle and not being used
not to just jump in, but you need to get this fixed asap. You're killing your cpu

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No I meant it got loud.

it seems there's something hammering on your cpu. you can use the task manager to see what program it is

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
yes, obviously. :stopitslime:
there's probably nothing wrong with the fan though. it wouldn't be making all that noise if it wasn't working. the stock heatsink should be fine for an non-overclocked i5 (as long as it's not filthy). it might need some cleaning (or even a reseating), but I think his issues are elsewhere

I don't know what would be using 100% of a quad-core cpu while 'idle'. that sounds like some "you better run malwarebytes" type shyt :merchant:

or make sure your PC isn't running prime95 on startup :heh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
there's probably nothing wrong with the fan though. it wouldn't be making all that noise if it wasn't working. the stock heatsink should be fine for an non-overclocked i5 (as long as it's not filthy). it might need some cleaning (or even a reseating), but I think his issues are elsewhere

I don't know what would be using 100% of a quad-core cpu while 'idle'. that sounds like some "you better run malwarebytes" type shyt :merchant:

or make sure your PC isn't running prime95 on startup :heh:
shyt shouldn't be hitting 100c though no matter what. I guess unless the fan is super dirty

edit: or you're right, it might need to be reseated

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Whats a good UPS to get for a gaming PC?

Would a 330 Watts / 550 VA be good enough?