The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
whats the deal with mechanical keyboards? I have a thin ass Logitech model that makes absolutely no noise when you type whats the advantage of a mechanical model?
The feel, the precision, longer throws (if that's the right word) for accuracy, being able to press more than 5 keys at a time. But the feel is the biggest thing :noah: They feel so good

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
whats the deal with mechanical keyboards? I have a thin ass Logitech model that makes absolutely no noise when you type whats the advantage of a mechanical model?
they're better cause they make more noise :birdman:

but for real, it's mostly about the 'feel' when you press the keys

my kb has cherry mx red switches. which is a linear non-clicky switch

Last edited:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
The feel, the precision, longer throws (if that's the right word) for accuracy, being able to press more than 5 keys at a time. But the feel is the biggest thing :noah: They feel so good

they're better cause they make more noise :birdman:

but for real, it's mostly about the 'feel' when you press the keys

my kb has cherry mx red switches. which is a linear non-clicky switch

I like the rubbery feel of mine
jZCToCepnhhy1_e.jpg

I assume there was more than the way it feels with the whole mechanical keyboard fad

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Mechanical keyboards are a waste of money to me. I rather spend it on better hardware when starting a new build.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I like the rubbery feel of mine
jZCToCepnhhy1_e.jpg

I assume there was more than the way it feels with the whole mechanical keyboard fad
Go to Fry's or micro center and just try it out. You'll be amazed at how different it feels. It feels satisfying to use. I love typing on mine for work too. shyt really just feels much better than rubber keyboards.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Mechanical keyboards are a waste of money to me. I rather spend it on better hardware when starting a new build.
Speaking of hardware, where's your $400 pc at? Do you have all the parts yet? Is it performing as you expected?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it might not be the first thing you buy, but at some point you might want a nice input device. similar to buying a nice mouse

I mean no one wants to be stuck with...

tumblr_mcgskwKUcP1rrufxdo1_500.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
it might not be the first thing you buy, but at some point you might want a nice input device. similar to buying a nice mouse

I mean no one wants to be stuck with...

tumblr_mcgskwKUcP1rrufxdo1_500.jpg
I gotta agree. Mechanical keyboards might seem like a luxury, but they're worth it. You need a high precision mouse and a nice mechanical keyboard to have the full setup (along with a nice headset too).

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Speaking of hardware, where's your $400 pc at? Do you have all the parts yet? Is it performing as you expected?
It's already up and running, but I really haven't put it through a stress test yet

Played some 2K15...Man that game sucks.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I gotta agree. Mechanical keyboards might seem like a luxury, but they're worth it. You need a high precision mouse and a nice mechanical keyboard to have the full setup (along with a nice headset too).

Yup. When I built my PC I knew I was gonna need accessories so I bought piece by piece for cheap. I thought I was the man when I copped my tenkeyless. That click clack life so real. Then I got some X11's just for basic gaming hearing...felt better. Was really delving into the PC shyt.

Then I copped a G402 mouse and was like :krs::krs::krs: Really felt like a PC gamer. My CSGO and BF4 game picked up massively.

Just got some Astro A40's tho($100 on Cyber Monday) and the sound is just :whew::wow::wow::banderas:(compared to the Turtle Beach X11's)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yup. When I built my PC I knew I was gonna need accessories so I bought piece by piece for cheap. I thought I was the man when I copped my tenkeyless. That click clack life so real. Then I got some X11's just for basic gaming hearing...felt better. Was really delving into the PC shyt.

Then I copped a G402 mouse and was like :krs::krs::krs: Really felt like a PC gamer. My CSGO and BF4 game picked up massively.

Just got some Astro A40's tho($100 on Cyber Monday) and the sound is just :whew::wow::wow::banderas:(compared to the Turtle Beach X11's)
I have the Astro A50s (the wireless version). The sounds is amazing breh. Hopefully your mobo or soundcard supports dolby digital live. If so, turn that encoder on, shyt sounds even better. (you obviously gotta be optical of course, but I'm sure you're already doing that) That bass :wow:

I also support getting the highest dpi mouse possible. I'm all about that fast mouse life. People can't even use my computer cuz the mouse is so fast :dead:

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
This Steam Auction is ruining the price of cards. Just bought like 50 booster packs for $0.60 :dead: