The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There has to be someone who knows retail workers in here despite only being 6 figga IT brehs :to:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Couldn't stop myself from buying a Corsair 120 GB SSD for $28 this morning, (after rebate and tax). fukk Slickdeals, :sadcam:

120GB Corsair Force LS Series 2.5" Solid State Drive $25 w/ Google Wallet Checkout via Newegg Android App after $20 Rebate + Free Shipping
Newegg has 120GB Corsair Force LS Series 2.5" SATA III MLC Solid State Drive (CSSD-F120GBLS) for $59.99 - $20 rebate - $15 off Google Wallet Checkout via Newegg Android App (Details here) = $24.99. Shipping is free. Thanks TDMVP73

Deal Editor's Note: Head over to Storage Review for their review of this SSD.

Price Comparison: Our research indicates that the 120GB Corsair Force LS Series 2.5" Solid State Drive is $55 lower (69% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $80. - yuugotserved

Source

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Yall see anything on a 500GB let me know...

I'm down to 47 GB on this SSD...

Whole V map has been ported to IV...

10hnmtu.png

sou33t.png

330g194.png

:banderas:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Yall see anything on a 500GB let me know...

I'm down to 47 GB on this SSD...

Whole V map has been ported to IV...

:banderas:

Try disabling hibernation. It'll save you a gang of space depending on size of your drive. You can also change the size of your page file.

Turn Off or Shrink the Hibernation File:Applies to SSDs/HDDs
If you don't use hibernation mode, disabling it will save you several GB of disk space. If you do use hibernation mode, you can still shrink the hibernation file size. I say to do it at this point if you want to b/c it prevents extra writes as well. Also, hibernation is different than the normal sleep mode. However, it can allow you to have hybrid sleep when it is enabled.
  1. Open the Start Menu, in the search line, type CMD
  2. Right click CMD icon that comes up and choose "Run as administrator"
  3. Type powercfg -h off and press enter to delete it or type powercfg -h -size 50 and press enter to shrink it

Turn Off or Shrink Page file:Applies to SSDs/HDDs
If you shrink your page file most people recommend 512MB or 1024MB, the minimum for a dump file to be created is 400MB. I suggest that if you have 4GB of RAM or less or do heavy multitasking do not disable the page file just shrink it to a reasonable size because the rule of having page file equal to or set to 1.5x the amount of your RAM is outdated. Several programs use page file when enabled like VMWare, some games, graphics software, MS office, etc. Windows does use the page file if present and will only use it when it is efficient to do so. Page file is also read at boot to speed things up. Do not put the page file on a RAM disk, it is much better to have it on the SSD or HDD. (Why to have the page file on an SSD) (Why to not have page file on a RAM disk) (The Windows 7 Pagefile And Running Without One)
  1. Open the Start Menu
  2. Right click Computer
  3. Click Properties
  4. Click Advanced System Settings (it's on the left side)
  5. Under performance click Settings
  6. Go to the Advanced tab
  7. Under Virtual memory click Change
  8. Uncheck the "Automatically manage paging file" box at the top
  9. Select the C: drive
  10. Click "No paging file" or set the min and max
  11. Click "Set"
  12. Choose Yes for the dialog box
  13. Click OK
  14. Click OK

Source

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Origin sucks :snoop:

I had to rename the achievement.wav file to disable the achievement sound. why don't they just have an option to turn that annoying shyt off :mindblown:

llt23

All Star
Daps
copped the 750ti, upgraded from the 610. I think I just fukked around and went next gen for 120 dollars. Tomb Raider on high settings looking better than anything on my 360. This is supposedly a "budget" card, but im eating well right now brehs. :blessed:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
copped the 750ti, upgraded from the 610. I think I just fukked around and went next gen for 120 dollars. Tomb Raider on high settings looking better than anything on my 360. This is supposedly a "budget" card, but im eating well right now brehs. :blessed:
I would have gone for a R7 265 if you have a decent psu, but nice upgrade :obama:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I would have gone for a R7 265 if you have a decent psu, but nice upgrade :obama:

270x's can be found used for near $100 too. Mining done dropped the second hand market something fierce on that side. My brother is selling 6 270's, he'd be lucky to get $90 for each.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's that time. PC brehs, I'm going to build a new PC the budget is 1k :wow:

I've been out of the game for a while and I want to know what's good right now. I'm going Intel and I rolled with nVidia the last time I built a PC. @Ciggavelli where you at?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's that time. PC brehs, I'm going to build a new PC the budget is 1k :wow:

I've been out of the game for a while and I want to know what's good right now. I'm going Intel and I rolled with nVidia the last time I built a PC. @Ciggavelli where you at?
I'm not the best person to talk to right now, but you'll probably want to get nvidia gtx 970, an i5 (4690k probably), 8gb of ram, and a 250gb ssd. Shop around for a case, mobo and a psu, you'll be able to find shyt within budget.

I have my personal opinions about the state of pc gaming right now, but I think most will agree that those above components are what you need to game at 1080p at high/ultra

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm not the best person to talk to right now, but you'll probably want to get nvidia gtx 970, an i5 (4690k probably), 8gb of ram, and a 250gb ssd. Shop around for a case, mobo and a psu, you'll be able to find shyt within budget.

I have my personal opinions about the state of pc gaming right now, but I think most will agree that those above components are what you need to game at 1080p at high/ultra

Thanks, breh. I'll research the parts you listed. I'm gonna throw an hdd into the mix as well what's the reliable brand of a psu today? And how many watts should I be looking for?