The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I believe I posted the model number in another thread, but I got my monitor from one of the graphics departments at my job. They have these really high end dell monitors that they get about every year and a half and they were about to toss them out and I was able to use a "buy back" option at my job to get it....for a grand...

Even though the price is high when it comes to 4k I will only mess with a Dell monitor...when I first started researching 4k monitors I ran across some Nvidia thread where some people had bought some brand of 4k monitor, used the display port...and the resolution actually ended up being 2k :dahellwhat:...been to scared to even research any non Dell 4k monitor since then.

The particular monitor I have allows for 2k (yeah 1440p), but I can't vouch for the others...
All the frys ones were Tn models anyway, but a few got good reviews so I was tempted. But with these next gen games I need that 2k option. I guess I'll just wait it out. I Probably should spend the money on 8gb gpus when they come out instead. 4k is crazy right now (shyt, 3k is hard on ultra with some of these games <cough> ACU <cough> Plus I may need to replace shyt on my rig if I get more freezes :to:)

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I only had one major :mjcry: moment in DA:I when I loaded a save and my characters legs were like 90% of his body...paused it and came back and it was fine...

Far Cry...:mjcry:...can't even play it at 4k...:mjcry:..15 - 22 FPS with everythin on medium:mjcry:

Dropped it to 2k and can get 45 - 65 FPS now...

Was so disgusted I just turned it off...

Just bought these 780's earlier this year and they already been beat down...:mjcry:
You can't lock in 60 FPS with two 780s in 2k???? :mindblown:

Yvge

Rookie
Daps
Post pics of desktop brehs. Just started to dabble in rain meter and can use pointers.

This is my setup. Pretty simple.:smugdraper:

99dnpk.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I dont know if anyone ever had this issue before...but for some reason...when in google search when I tried to search certain things the browser started flickering...and it was only specific searches...I closed my browser..pulled it back up..no more flickering...shyt was the strangest thing...

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm thinking my graphics card died. I can plug up my HDMI and DVI to the motherboard outputs when I unplug the graphics card and my pc outputs correctly. When I plug my card back in and try to use it, I get a black screen. I've tried this on all three PCI-E slots on the motherboard and the same thing. The fan spins though and it acts as if it is working as normal, but I don't get a picture. Help is greatly appreciated.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Which one of you work retail,

mqdefault.jpg

Intel Retail Edge Deal

LL

Approved Retail Chains

Members must be employed at the time of all aspects of participation in the Program (or parts thereof) at a physical retail location or online sales/call center at an approved retail chain. Members at a Deactivated Retail Chain (see below) are not eligible. The list of Approved Retail Chains and Call Centers is:

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
AMERICAN
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
AT&T
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (CANADA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (USA)
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CDW CALL CENTERS
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
CYBERPOWER
DATAVISION
DELL
DELL - MDM
DELL EXPERIENCE CENTER
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FAMSA
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
FUTURE SHOP
GATEWAY
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HP
HP-HHO
HP-SMB
HSN
IBUYPOWER
INSIGHT
INSIGHT CALL CENTERS
INTREX
J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LENOVO
LENOVO HQ
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MARKETSTAR – SONY
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEWEGG
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PC VILLAGE
PCM
PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
PURCHASING POWER
QVC
RADIOSHACK
RAKUTEN.COM
RENT-A-CENTER
ROGERS
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SHAW CABLE
SONY
SONY FACTORY OUTLET
STAPLES
STAPLES CANADA, INC
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
TELUS
THE SOURCE
TigerDirect.com Call Center
TigerDirect.com Retail Store
T-MOBILE
TOSHIBA
VIZIO
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)

A Retail Chain or individual location may be disqualified and removed from the Program due to chain or store closure or if they become incompatible with the Program as determined by the Sponsor.

Once a determination of disqualification has been made, members of the store or chain will be sent an e-mail, providing a 30 day notice of deactivation of the chain or location and all member accounts registered to that chain or location.

During this 30-day period, Members may continue to participate in the Program, including Account access and participation in Drawings, Live Events, Purchase Programs and the Online Store (“Rewards”). Participation in Rewards is still subject to all stated Terms and Conditions including employment verification and any eligibility limitations for specific retail chains.

Any Rewards transactions will be rendered inadmissible once the Member account has been deactivated.

If a member has obtained employment at another eligible retail chain or location, they will need to update their account with the correct information within the 30 day period to keep their account active.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Which one of you work retail,

mqdefault.jpg

Intel Retail Edge Deal

LL

Approved Retail Chains

Members must be employed at the time of all aspects of participation in the Program (or parts thereof) at a physical retail location or online sales/call center at an approved retail chain. Members at a Deactivated Retail Chain (see below) are not eligible. The list of Approved Retail Chains and Call Centers is:

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
AMERICAN
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
AT&T
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (CANADA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (USA)
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CDW CALL CENTERS
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
CYBERPOWER
DATAVISION
DELL
DELL - MDM
DELL EXPERIENCE CENTER
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FAMSA
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
FUTURE SHOP
GATEWAY
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HP
HP-HHO
HP-SMB
HSN
IBUYPOWER
INSIGHT
INSIGHT CALL CENTERS
INTREX
J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LENOVO
LENOVO HQ
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MARKETSTAR – SONY
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEWEGG
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PC VILLAGE
PCM
PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
PURCHASING POWER
QVC
RADIOSHACK
RAKUTEN.COM
RENT-A-CENTER
ROGERS
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SHAW CABLE
SONY
SONY FACTORY OUTLET
STAPLES
STAPLES CANADA, INC
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
TELUS
THE SOURCE
TigerDirect.com Call Center
TigerDirect.com Retail Store
T-MOBILE
TOSHIBA
VIZIO
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)

A Retail Chain or individual location may be disqualified and removed from the Program due to chain or store closure or if they become incompatible with the Program as determined by the Sponsor.

Once a determination of disqualification has been made, members of the store or chain will be sent an e-mail, providing a 30 day notice of deactivation of the chain or location and all member accounts registered to that chain or location.

During this 30-day period, Members may continue to participate in the Program, including Account access and participation in Drawings, Live Events, Purchase Programs and the Online Store (“Rewards”). Participation in Rewards is still subject to all stated Terms and Conditions including employment verification and any eligibility limitations for specific retail chains.

Any Rewards transactions will be rendered inadmissible once the Member account has been deactivated.

If a member has obtained employment at another eligible retail chain or location, they will need to update their account with the correct information within the 30 day period to keep their account active.
I know someone who works at Walmart, how can I eat?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh, I am very tempted to get the 5930K for you and give you a nice "discount" off of retail :youngsabo:

How would we know what "tier" he will be eligible for? I am going to contact him soon about this shyt.
How much would you sell that 5930k for? That's a damn good deal. I wish I knew somebody in retail myself.