The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How do I test out a pcie slot to know if it's bad or not? I can't really find anything online. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I will find out more tonight hopefully

I have sent a message out to my friend to see what's up
I see it needs an X99 board. I guess my LGA 2011 socket is dead :mjcry:

Still, if the price is right, it might be worth it (I'd give it some serious consideration). That's a good cpu. Keep me updated. Thanks.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Those prices of those CPU's brehs :merchant:

Might have to look into this and see if I still got a couple connects that can help a breh out. :whoo:

Of course that means I gotta get a new mobo since I'm AMD'd out.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Those prices of those CPU's brehs :merchant:

Might have to look into this and see if I still got a couple connects that can help a breh out. :whoo:

Of course that means I gotta get a new mobo since I'm AMD'd out.
and if you get the X99 mobo that means new, very expensive ram too. :mjcry:

edit: Scratch that. I see prices have fallen on DDR4 ram since release (still expensive though...)

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
I had an issue with my htpc booting up to no signal, removed one of the ram sticks out of what seems to be a defecteive slot on my mobo and it seemed to resolve the issue.

The ram slot seems to to be damaged as I cant reseat the stick back in, Guess I have to rock 4 gigs of ram as opposed to 8, im assuming there isnt a way to fix a dimm slot unless getting a new mobo all together?

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had an issue with my htpc booting up to no signal, removed one of the ram sticks out of what seems to be a defecteive slot on my mobo and it seemed to resolve the issue.

The ram slot seems to to be damaged as I cant reseat the stick back in, Guess I have to rock 4 gigs of ram as opposed to 8, im assuming there isnt a way to fix a dimm slot unless getting a new mobo all together?
You're better off getting a new mobo all together. The process of even trying to fix the pins might mess up your whole board all together

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you only have two slots?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Sad update @2gunsup and @Ciggavelli

His brother just told me he quit Walmart like 2 weeks ago :to:

No tech thanksgiving for us :to:
nooooooo_elf.gif