The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The new nvidia drivers make Far Cry 4 run REALLY well. I'm getting damn near 60fps on ultra at 5760x1080. The Fur looks weird though :patrice:

Maybe this wasn't an ubishyt release after all :patrice:

Do I play this or Dragon Age? :patrice:

One's really long, and the other can be beaten quickly. Hmmmm :patrice:

But all I really wanna play is AC:Unity right now (you always want what you can't have) :to:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well, I take it back, Far Cry 4 has Watch Dogs stutter. You gotta put the textures on medium people are saying :stopitslime: (edit: Yup only medium gets rid of the stutter)

This is watch dogs all over again it seems. The stuttering is especially bad when driving.

This is the last time I buy a ubisoft title on pc.

Now I got ghosting in the game. I can't tell if it's my gpus or the game. shyt is weird. (edit: it only happens when changing settings...it's fine if I don't change anything. Must be some game error or my gpus are fukking up like usual, Who knows? :snoop:)

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
DA:I is honestly a hot mess on PC. performance is spotty. I got it running at 60fps most of the time, but there's dips, stutters, etc. the cut-scenes were locked to 30fps, even though they're in-engine. a command line parameter (-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60) gets them up to 60fps, but it looks like the animations are still running at 30fps

mouse/kb controls are pretty bad. sad to say that you're probably best off playing the new bioware rpg with a controller. also for some reason I can't bind anything to my mouse's thumb buttons

and yo... why is it fukkin hammertime on my cpu in the menu screen? :mindblown:

LnsxBC2.jpg

the gpu is at 2%, so it's obviously a pre-rendered scene. wtf is the cpu doing? I didn't get a screenshot, but I've seen all four cores at 100% in the menu screen :wtf:

game is good otherwise though. hopefully it gets better with some patches

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
DA:I is honestly a hot mess on PC. performance is spotty. I got it running at 60fps most of the time, but there's dips, stutters, etc. the cut-scenes were locked to 30fps, even though they're in-engine. a command line parameter (-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60) gets them up to 60fps, but it looks like the animations are still running at 30fps

mouse/kb controls are pretty bad. sad to say that you're probably best off playing the new bioware rpg with a controller. also for some reason I can't bind anything to my mouse's thumb buttons

LnsxBC2.jpg

the gpu is at 2%, so it's obviously a pre-rendered scene. wtf is the cpu doing? I didn't get a screenshot, but I've seen all four cores at 100% in the menu screen :wtf:

Between this and Far Cry 4, it's been a bad pc day.

Here's total biscuit on Far Cry 4 talking about the stuttering (and he's on 980 sli)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Wow not only is Far Cry 4 fukked up, but people are shytting on DA:I. Absolutely shytting on it :wow:

I played it for a while last night and it didn't seem too bad, but the controls were fukked up. Maybe I need to play it more to see why everybody hates it.

What a fukk up of a week :damn:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copped a Lenovo i7 w/ 8gb RAM :ohlawd:

What games should someone who missed pretty much the last decade of PC gaming get? Mainly into sports but I'll pickup games like GTA/Just Cause

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

LnsxBC2.jpg

My issue was mainly with the dips, plus the fact that my game doesn't want to decide if my clearly male Rogue Elf is a woman or not in conversation(there are times when the game will play the audio files for people referring to me as male and female at the same time), the physics(nikkas lean against walls...then INTO the walls, or they stand ON tables instead of behind them), the kb/m sucking absolute dikk and not mapping mouse 4/5 buttons(plugging up my Xbox 1 controller makes it so godly), and the fact Vivienne won't let me hit.

Although I can't really complain about the dips and such...I'm playing on a 270x :dead:. Been running at 60 on high but will have drops in towns where it's NPC heavy. 970 coming soon brehs :mjcry:

Clark Kent

New Year, New Me
Daps
Reppin
Metropolis

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I only had one major :mjcry: moment in DA:I when I loaded a save and my characters legs were like 90% of his body...paused it and came back and it was fine...

Far Cry...:mjcry:...can't even play it at 4k...:mjcry:..15 - 22 FPS with everythin on medium:mjcry:

Dropped it to 2k and can get 45 - 65 FPS now...

Was so disgusted I just turned it off...

Just bought these 780's earlier this year and they already been beat down...:mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I only had one major :mjcry: moment in DA:I when I loaded a save and my characters legs were like 90% of his body...paused it and came back and it was fine...

Far Cry...:mjcry:...can't even play it at 4k...:mjcry:..15 - 22 FPS with everythin on medium:mjcry:

Dropped it to 2k and can get 45 - 65 FPS now...

Was so disgusted I just turned it off...

Just bought these 780's earlier this year and they already been beat down...:mjcry:
Far Cry is fukked up. You should be able to get 60fps on 2k with 780 sli. I can get 60fps on ultra (minus the stuttering problem) with 780ti sli. If you don't have the new drivers get them. The dramatically improve performance. The stuttering is still there though, so you gotta put textures on medium (but everybody is having that problem)

Side note: How did you get your 4k monitor down to 2k (which I'm assuming is 1440p)? I was gonna buy a 4K monitor at Fry's for around $500, but the only 2 options were 1080p and 4K. There was no 1440p option. This was with every 4k monitor they had. Even the one that said 4k2k :wtf: Was Fry's shyt just fukked up, or can 4K monitors only do 1080p and 4k?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Brehs, I've been researching 8gb 980s for a bit now. Things aren't looking good. People talking like it's a purely marketing gimmick, that a 256 bit memory bus can't properly handle 8gb.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2379408/8gb-gtx-970-replace-4gb-version.html

But the cards are supposed to come out real soon:

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/11/03/nvidia-readying-geforce-gtx-980-8gb-imminent-release/

We may not be saved with 8gb cards after all, unless AMD keeps up their better memory bus and releases new 8gb cards. With the consoles having up to 8gb vram, we need these 8gb cards, but things aren't looking good.

AMD may be the way to go.

It's all a waiting game now I guess. But why does the 980 have such a low memory bus?

edit:

:banderas:

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Far Cry is fukked up. You should be able to get 60fps on 2k with 780 sli. I can get 60fps on ultra (minus the stuttering problem) with 780ti sli. If you don't have the new drivers get them. The dramatically improve performance. The stuttering is still there though, so you gotta put textures on medium (but everybody is having that problem)

Side note: How did you get your 4k monitor down to 2k (which I'm assuming is 1440p)? I was gonna buy a 4K monitor at Fry's for around $500, but the only 2 options were 1080p and 4K. There was no 1440p option. This was with every 4k monitor they had. Even the one that said 4k2k :wtf: Was Fry's shyt just fukked up, or can 4K monitors only do 1080p and 4k?

I believe I posted the model number in another thread, but I got my monitor from one of the graphics departments at my job. They have these really high end dell monitors that they get about every year and a half and they were about to toss them out and I was able to use a "buy back" option at my job to get it....for a grand...

Even though the price is high when it comes to 4k I will only mess with a Dell monitor...when I first started researching 4k monitors I ran across some Nvidia thread where some people had bought some brand of 4k monitor, used the display port...and the resolution actually ended up being 2k :dahellwhat:...been to scared to even research any non Dell 4k monitor since then.

The particular monitor I have allows for 2k (yeah 1440p), but I can't vouch for the others...