The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I got a VPN cuz Comcast was throttling me, monitoring my activity, and blocking websites. Best $10 a month ever now. Look at these speeds :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Far Cry 4 runs like crap. Others are having this problem as well (except 980 people....it seems like all games are optimized for that but no other gpu :mjcry:). Waiting on new drivers. Right now the game is pretty unplayable.

People with 780tis 295x2, etc. are all having problems.

Looks like another ubishyt release for the time being. :snoop:

according to steam the sli profile comes out tomorrow. Let's hope it works

edit: Steam is all over how bad the game is running. What a mess.

At least no crashes :manny:

Clark Kent

New Year, New Me
Daps
Reppin
Metropolis
am i the only fakkit playing the new world of warcraft expansion? I've played WoW off and on since vanilla but this is some of the best leveling content ever. some really sick cut scenes and characters getting fleshed out.

How do people enjoy mmos though? :patrice: I could see it if you're playing with friends, but solo play? probably some of the most mind numbing, chore filled shyt you can do.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How do people enjoy mmos though? :patrice: I could see it if you're playing with friends, but solo play? probably some of the most mind numbing, chore filled shyt you can do.
I've been playing MMO's with the same group of friends (not real life, but i have met a couple of them in real life) for like 15 years breh. The quests in this new expansion are actually fun and interesting story wise. I play MMO's for PvP though. I used to be a gladiator frost mage in one of the older expansion packs before I quit. I just recently started playing again.

Clark Kent

New Year, New Me
Daps
Reppin
Metropolis
I've been playing MMO's with the same group of friends (not real life, but i have met a couple of them in real life) for like 15 years breh. The quests in this new expansion are actually fun and interesting story wise. I play MMO's for PvP though. I used to be a gladiator frost mage in one of the older expansion packs before I quit. I just recently started playing again.

I feel you on pvp but literally anything else in MMOs gets me to sleep faster than a J. Cole album.

All Star
Daps
Not sure, I haven't watched any yet, but I'd imagine they're really good. I can do 4k youtube easy

:patrice: Not all that familiar with proxies and VPN's outside of a generic definition. What's the catch? The speeds here are killing any plan my local ISP's offer.

Can I just purchase a cheap plan from my ISP and use a VPN, or would a VPN eat into their bandwidth as well?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:patrice: Not all that familiar with proxies and VPN's outside of a generic definition. What's the catch? The speeds here are killing any plan my local ISP's offer.

Can I just purchase a cheap plan from my ISP and use a VPN, or would a VPN eat into their bandwidth as well?
To be honest, I'm not really sure why my VPN upped my speed so much. I have the second highest comcast plan. I shouldn't be getting these numbers at all. I was getting 4mb/s and throttling, plus blocked websites before, but with this VPN I'm getting 10-12mb/s on the regular.

I use this VPN:

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

I did some research and it's the best cost/benefit ratio. It was highly recommended by various sites. Plus, it's only $6.95 a month (others are $10 a month)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I just turned my VPN off, and my speeds were literally cut by more than half. I have no idea why the VPN is working like this. I've never heard of this shyt before, and the site doesn't even advertise this as a feature. Either Comcast was throttling the fukk outta me and the VPN fixed that, or something else is up. I dunno. :yeshrug: