The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well updating the drivers did nothing. Still freezing (at least in ACU). Goddamnit. I don't know what to do. I did a deep scan on my hard drives and no problems there. I updated every possible driver to the latest version. I have no idea what to do to fix my computer. shyt's just absurd. I spend thousands on this shyt and it just constantly breaks. I guess we'll see what happens next week with far cry 4 and dragon age (as I already bought those games), but if I get freezes with that shyt I think I'm calling it quits. I'm gonna take the loss. shyt's just not worth it anymore. If Frys can fix it great, if not, I'll just chalk it up to a poor purchasing decision. PC gaming isn't worth it if I have to constantly deal with this bullshyt.

As a plus, if my shyt doesn't get fixed, none of you will have to hear me bytch in this thread anymore :heh: (I will join the dark "peasant" side though :ufdup:)

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm about fed up with pc issues. My shyt is just freezing up left and right. I don't know if I'm built for this anymore. Seriously

I might just become console only. It seems like every week my shyt fukks up. I've almost had enough. shyt's not worth it. :to:
Breh, I just went through a 5 month process of replacing my broken board, video card, PSU and CPU. :mjcry:
I've been struggling since June to get all my shyt fixed :mjcry:
I don't even have a console, so that's 5 months without a single game :mjcry:
I finally get all my parts right last week :blessed: started it up and it went into an infinite Windows loop :mjcry:
I had to go out and buy a $100 external drive, then use Command Prompt to xcopy my entire C: drive over and reinstall Windows :mjcry:
After all this I log in and see my outdated Steam Library :patrice: I ended up playing Binary Domain until 4 in the morning :mjcry:
Be a PC gamer, brehs :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh, I just went through a 5 month process of replacing my broken board, video card, PSU and CPU. :mjcry:
I've been struggling since June to get all my shyt fixed :mjcry:
I don't even have a console, so that's 5 months without a single game :mjcry:
I finally get all my parts right last week :blessed: started it up and it went into an infinite Windows loop :mjcry:
I had to go out and buy a $100 external drive, then use Command Prompt to xcopy my entire C: drive over and reinstall Windows :mjcry:
After all this I log in and see my outdated Steam Library :patrice: I ended up playing Binary Domain until 4 in the morning :mjcry:
:mjcry: Maybe the "peasants" are right, maybe this pc shyt just isn't worth it. :mjcry:

After I updated all my drivers now afterburner is fukked up :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My GPUs are fukked up now too. Somehow the fans broke. I'm hitting 90c now after only a little bit of gaming (I got afterburner to work again). Before the absolute max would be 83c (which is what it should be with a 780ti. Goddamnit. Will nothing work right? :what::dwillhuh:

I guess I gotta RMA that shyt now. Apparently ASUS is terrible with that too. Goddamnit, I'm so sick and tired of this shyt. :snoop:

:why::to::mjcry:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
My GPUs are fukked up now too. Somehow the fans broke. I'm hitting 90c now after only a little bit of gaming (I got afterburner to work again). Before the absolute max would be 83c (which is what it should be with a 780ti. Goddamnit. Will nothing work right? :what::dwillhuh:

I guess I gotta RMA that shyt now. Apparently ASUS is terrible with that too. Goddamnit, I'm so sick and tired of this shyt. :snoop:

damn...good luck breh.

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA

:to: I feel your pain breh gpu rma's are the worse, never had to deal with Asus I tend to stick with evga products. Hope everything works out for you, if not just replace the gpu cooling yourself.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Breh...you REALLY need to take it easy with this PC shyt man.

I worry about you sometimes :w0w2:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh...you REALLY need to take it easy with this PC shyt man.

I worry about you sometimes :w0w2:
I think I need to give it up. It's causing more stress in my life than it's worth. Seriously.

Side note: I turned my fans to 100% and I've been running furmark for 20 minutes and my highest temp is 85c. I don't think I can RMA the card anymore. No artifacts either. After updating those drivers shyt just got all fukked up with the card fan curves I guess. I dunno why.

Either way, I dunno what to do now. I'm demoralized. I really might call it quits. Seriously.

Time to take up some other hobby or consoles only. shyt is too just to much sometimes :mjcry:

But I loved my 3 monitors :to:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Well updating the drivers did nothing. Still freezing (at least in ACU). Goddamnit. I don't know what to do. I did a deep scan on my hard drives and no problems there. I updated every possible driver to the latest version. I have no idea what to do to fix my computer. shyt's just absurd. I spend thousands on this shyt and it just constantly breaks. I guess we'll see what happens next week with far cry 4 and dragon age (as I already bought those games), but if I get freezes with that shyt I think I'm calling it quits. I'm gonna take the loss. shyt's just not worth it anymore. If Frys can fix it great, if not, I'll just chalk it up to a poor purchasing decision. PC gaming isn't worth it if I have to constantly deal with this bullshyt.

As a plus, if my shyt doesn't get fixed, none of you will have to hear me bytch in this thread anymore :heh: (I will join the dark "peasant" side though :ufdup:)
Coming from where u coming from I really have a hard time seeing how u gonna just accept what the consoles give u at this point...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I need to give it up. It's causing more stress in my life than it's worth. Seriously.

Side note: I turned my fans to 100% and I've been running furmark for 20 minutes and my highest temp is 85c. I don't think I can RMA the card anymore. No artifacts either. After updating those drivers shyt just got all fukked up with the card fan curves I guess. I dunno why.

Either way, I dunno what to do now. I'm demoralized. I really might call it quits. Seriously.

Time to take up some other hobby or consoles only. shyt is too just to much sometimes :mjcry:

But I loved my 3 monitors :to:
I think it's your setup breh. I've had my fair share of problems but most of the time it was relegated to a specific game or just something caused by me tinkering with the games files. I've always heard horror stories of PC gamers with Sli/3 way GPU setups. Isn't there a single GPU that's powerful enough to run your games across three monitors?? Your problems obviously seem like a setup problem.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Coming from where u coming from I really have a hard time seeing how u gonna just accept what the consoles give u at this point...
He won't accept it.

He will go back to the lab and come up with a monster that is able to run on 100 4K monitors at 60fps by next year :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think it's your setup breh. I've had my fair share of problems but most of the time it was relegated to a specific game or just something caused by me tinkering with the games files. I've always heard horror stories of PC gamers with Sli/3 way GPU setups. Isn't there a single GPU that's powerful enough to run your games across three monitors?? Your problems obviously seem like a setup problem.
There isn't a single card that can do that. Unless we go with the titan-z or 295x2 (both $1500). But those really aren't single cards. They're single card dual gpus. There's not much I can do at this point but have 2 cards.

If I'm stuck on one monitor, I'd rather be on a console :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I know, but I dunno what to do. Just buy 2 980s? What if I still have the crashes/freezes? I feel lost as to what to do next. :mjcry: