The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
When nikkas ask me why AC4 is better all I got to do is post this gif...

ac4_slaying.gif

I don't even understand why they took the human shield out of unity...

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I take it back. fukk ACU :pacspit:

I got to a point in the game where no matter what I do my computer freezes and I have to hard reset. It's happened 4 times in a row now in the exact same spot. I even took off my cpu overclock thinking that might be it, but no. The game just freezes my computer at the exact same spot no matter what. The game is completely unplayable. :camby:

fukk Ubisoft :pacspit:

And here it thought I had it good. :mjcry: fukk this shyt :pacspit:

yesjacknicholson.gif

fukk Ubisoft and anybody that love em.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I really wanna play ACU (I like the game), so I'm trying to see if my freezing issue is related to something else (it probably isn't, but it's worth a try :manny:).

What would cause a game to freeze and then require a hard reset? It's happened on a few other games too in the past, but I chalked it up to an afterburner problem, cuz others had the same issue.

I'm currently checking my hard drive (which is taking forever cuz it's a 4tb) and I have the latest drivers. What else should I be checking?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
This is what I'm looking at:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cyberpowe...fault&beacon_version=1.0.0&findingMethod=p13n

it seems to be cheaper than diy PCs...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z8sfD3

This is a PC with the same specs EXCEPT the Videocard has 2GB of RAM and it has a wireless card.

The Wal-Mart PC won't list how fast the RAM is which is weird.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z8sfD3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z8sfD3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($86.47 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Toshiba Product Series:DT01ACA 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GT 610 2GB Video Card ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Diablotek DIAMOND ATX Mid Tower Case w/400W Power Supply ($27.99 @ Micro Center)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: 3M 78-6972-0104-0 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($46.63 @ Amazon)
Total: $486.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-15 20:30 EST-0500

Now all of this is just paying the base price. You can find better deals on better parts and probably get something better for cheaper.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
@daze23 you actually like Remember Me? Saw ur screen on Steam. Didn't know what would be creepier: Messaging you on Steam asking you about the game. Or mentioning my questioning of that thought here on the Coli and making it 3x as awkward. I went with the latter.

I fukked around with that game some recently. Pirated it, but I think I'm gonna buy it on sale. The combat isn't anything to write home about, but the memory sequences are really dope. I feel like Arkham Origins ripped it off some in how it had those dope ass detective scenes. Arkham Origins gets shytted on a lot for some reasons, but it has some really cool detective scenes.

It actually also had a dope mulitplayer.

:wow:

I'm about to re-install this bytch and get my NG+ on as long as get in some multiplayer. Lemme kno if u tryna be the Batman to my Robin :lupe:
Remember Me is cool. shyt definitely looks nice, and it uses a lot of cool cinematic (no30fps) effects and 'camera' angles. combat is kind of harsh with no 'counter' option. the sci-fi story is really good, and probably the best part of the game for me so far (I haven't finished it). just the idea of 'fiends' addicted to other people's memories :wow:

I'm also playing Shadowfall Dragonfall. the games kind of compliment each other with the whole 'cyberpunk' theme. SD is real good so far. at first I was turned off by the locked isometric view, and the heavy text dialog. but I gave it a second try, and the story really got me. again, it's some really good sci-fi. the music sounds like it's straight from Blade Runner or some shyt :ohlawd:

I don't even have Batman AO installed right now. I didn't even know it had multi. I didn't play that game for long. I felt like it was just boss fight after boss fight. I'll probably get back to it some day. but I know my time soon is gonna be with Dragon Age, and maybe Far Cry... Origin and Uplay :snoop:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Remember Me is cool. shyt definitely looks nice, and it uses a lot of cool cinematic (no30fps) effects and 'camera' angles. combat is kind of harsh with no 'counter' option. the sci-fi story is really good, and probably the best part of the game for me so far (I haven't finished it). just the idea of 'fiends' addicted to other people's memories :wow:

I'm also playing Shadowfall Dragonfall. the games kind of compliment each other with the whole 'cyberpunk' theme. SD is real good so far. at first I was turned off by the locked isometric view, and the heavy text dialog. but I gave it a second try, and the story really got me. again, it's some really good sci-fi. the music sounds like it's straight from Blade Runner or some shyt :ohlawd:

I don't even have Batman AO installed right now. I didn't even know it had multi. I didn't play that game for long. I felt like it was just boss fight after boss fight. I'll probably get back to it some day. but I know my time soon is gonna be with Dragon Age, and maybe Far Cry... Origin and Uplay :snoop:
Yeah. I'm either getting FC4 on PS4 or...well thats it. Or pirating, but I'd feel bad about it prolly since I loved 1 and 3. I can't fukk with Uplay tho breh. Its literally 3x as bad as Origin, and Origin is bad IMO. I've had so many goddamn stupid ass errors due to Uplay while trying to play SC: Blacklist and FC3 that I pretty much gave up on beating Blacklist because of it. I hate Uplay and its clunky ass pre schooler Mattel design. shyts constantly trying to download updates that I already have and shyt.

I just got a cheap keyboard and mouse made by cooler master for like 30 bucks. I've been using some cheapo logitech wireless shyt and its pretty much impossible to try kb/m with that shyt. But this kb/m feels pretty solid, despite the price. Good enough for me atm. I really just got it for Dragon Age. That shyt finna take over my lifeee :ahh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:dead:
No matter how often I come into this thread @Ciggavelli is always having some unfortunate issue with games on his PC.
I'm about fed up with pc issues. My shyt is just freezing up left and right. I don't know if I'm built for this anymore. Seriously

I might just become console only. It seems like every week my shyt fukks up. I've almost had enough. shyt's not worth it. :to:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm about fed up with pc issues. My shyt is just freezing up left and right. I don't know if I'm built for this anymore. Seriously

I might just become console only. It seems like every week my shyt fukks up. I've almost had enough. shyt's not worth it. :to:
is it only Unity doing it?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
is it only Unity doing it?
No other games are doing it now too and have in the past. It's just happening more frequently with Unity. It seems like a me issue, as everybody else is just having crashes. I'm having freezes where I have to hard reset. I dunno what's wrong

I just bought a $20 program to update all my drivers. If this doesn't work, I'm bringing it into Frys.

This rig has caused me nothing but problems. I'm pissed the fukk off

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The shyt I bought isn't even letting me download :snoop:

fukk this shyt

edit: It finally worked.

If I get one more freeze...............:stopitslime:

Last edited: