The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
EA got offices out here in the Louisiana swamp? :dahell:

oh well, at least I know I won't be waiting for a code when the pre-load is available
Everything is going to get taxed sooner or later.

Valve is escaping that shyt for now, but it's inevitable :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-our-far-cry-4-review-is-delayed/

Right now, Far Cry 4 reviews are popping up all over the internet. It is, by all reports, a great game. Unfortunately, we can neither confirm or deny that assessment. More troubling, given the launch state of Assassin's Creed: Unity, is that we can't tell you how it performs on PC. The reason is simple: we haven't yet received code.

If you're getting a sense of deja vu, it's because exactly the same thing happened with Unity. For Far Cry 4, Ubisoft held a console review event; giving multi-platform outlets the chance to have their reviews in place for today's embargo. We, naturally, need to play the game on PC. Last night, we were informed that code wouldn't arrive until Tuesday, the date of the game's launch.

Ubisoft are, of course, free to restrict pre-release access to their game in whatever way they see fit. We aren't entitled to review code, and could still offer a judgement—albeit a less timely one—without. However, it's a disappointing development when it comes in the same week as Assassin's Creed: Unity's launch. That game has since caused Ubisoft's share price to drop as much as 12.8%, and yesterday its more spectacular bugs caught the attention of the BBC.

In that news post, a Ubisoft spokesperson clarified the way the company was approaching reviews. "The nature of games themselves and the way they are being reviewed is changing, as evidenced by games like Assassin's Creed Unity, Destiny and The Crew—games that have significant online components," she said.

"Having the online elements available and having populated worlds is essential to creating a representative and complete experience for reviewers. Achieving this prior to launch is incredibly complex, which is why some games are being reviewed much closer—or as was the case with Destiny, even after—the game launches."

The difference, to my mind, is that Destiny is an MMO. Assassin's Creed: Unity is not. Far Cry 4 is not. They have online elements, yes, but they are not predominantly online games. As the gap between high and mid-range PC specs widens, as system requirements become increasingly more demanding, and as pre-order bonuses are marketed more aggressively; to also restrict reviews to being conceivably days after a game's launch is a worrying trend for consumers.

We asked Ubisoft for an official statement, which you will find below:

"The reason why we did not provide review code until now is that there is a title update which won’t be available before Monday prior to launch. However, we will officially communicate on the title update prior the release of the game so consumers are aware."

:lupe:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Tommy V da gawd in Paleto Bay Lost Santos...

2nk8ayw.png

:myman:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Oh god :snoop:

They better not fukk Far Cry up.

It's always a gamble with ubishyt.
hope for the best, but prepare for the worst...

shyt should be straight though, unless they really fuct it up. I mean it's just Far Cry 3.5, amiright?

I particularly agree with this statement though:

As the gap between high and mid-range PC specs widens, as system requirements become increasingly more demanding, and as pre-order bonuses are marketed more aggressively; to also restrict reviews to being conceivably days after a game's launch is a worrying trend for consumers.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
hope for the best, but prepare for the worst...

shyt should be straight though, unless they really fuct it up. I mean it's just Far Cry 3.5, amiright?

I particularly agree with this statement though:
Yeah, it's hard out here in the pc streets :mjcry:

ACU is fukking gorgeous though. It's finally the next gen game graphics I've been expecting. I dunno why everybody is having such a hard time with the game. Normally that's me :russ: But I can run it fine in 3 monitors with everything on ultra except AA and soft shadows. I dunno it's like my shyt is the exact opposite of everybody else. :manny: I did just get a hard crash though :stopitslime:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, it's hard out here in the pc streets :mjcry:

ACU is fukking gorgeous though. It's finally the next gen game graphics I've been expecting. I dunno why everybody is having such a hard time with the game. Normally that's me :russ: But I can run it fine in 3 monitors with everything on ultra except AA and soft shadows. I dunno it's like my shyt is the exact opposite of everybody else. :manny: I did just get a hard crash though :stopitslime:
I think people are upset they can't maintain 60fps in ACU. plus glitches and crashes

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think people are upset they can't maintain 60fps in ACU. plus glitches and crashes
Yeah, I'm getting a ton of hard crashes after that latest patch. I'm not getting anywhere near 60fps either, but I'm used to that.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
@daze23 you actually like Remember Me? Saw ur screen on Steam. Didn't know what would be creepier: Messaging you on Steam asking you about the game. Or mentioning my questioning of that thought here on the Coli and making it 3x as awkward. I went with the latter.

I fukked around with that game some recently. Pirated it, but I think I'm gonna buy it on sale. The combat isn't anything to write home about, but the memory sequences are really dope. I feel like Arkham Origins ripped it off some in how it had those dope ass detective scenes. Arkham Origins gets shytted on a lot for some reasons, but it has some really cool detective scenes.

It actually also had a dope mulitplayer.

:wow:

I'm about to re-install this bytch and get my NG+ on as long as get in some multiplayer. Lemme kno if u tryna be the Batman to my Robin :lupe:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I take it back. fukk ACU :pacspit:

I got to a point in the game where no matter what I do my computer freezes and I have to hard reset. It's happened 4 times in a row now in the exact same spot. I even took off my cpu overclock thinking that might be it, but no. The game just freezes my computer at the exact same spot no matter what. The game is completely unplayable. :camby:

fukk Ubisoft :pacspit:

And here it thought I had it good. :mjcry: fukk this shyt :pacspit: